Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Sour (Tart) Cherries
Tart Montmorency cherries are a great dried fruit snack that can be used for baking. The cherries are lightly sweetened.
Our Registered Dietitian's Top PickOur Registered Dietitian and Health Nut likes dried cherries because they are rich in quercetin, a powerful flavonoid that has been linked to reducing heart disease. Plus, thanks to their deep, dark color from antocyanins, they are linked to reducing inflammation in the body. Try adding in tart cherries to salads, trail mix, and granola.
2. According to researchers, a flavonoid found in cherries that has anticarcinogenic properties called quercetin can help to prevent heart disease. Cherries are considered a nutritionally significant source of quercetin, containing large quantities per serving that surpass most fruits.
3. A phenolic acid called amygdalin, also termed Vitamin B17 and laetrile, found in the kernels of cherries and other fruits, has been shown to reduce tumor size and further spread of cancer, as well as to alleviate the pains of the cancerous process. Populations such as the Hunza in Pakistan that have always incorporated amygdalin into their diets have remained cancer free, leading scientists to believe that its consumption could also be a powerful cancer prevention food.
4. Anthocyanins found in cherries also block inflammatory enzymes, reducing pain. In fact, 20 cherries are 10 times as potent as aspirin and have positive effects on gout and arthritis pain.
5. Sweet cherries are also considered to be excellent sources of boron, providing 396 ug/100g. Boron consumption, coupled with calcium and magnesium has been linked to increased bone health.
6. Tart cherries naturally pack a health-promoting punch that provides pain relief for many consumers. Ongoing research shows that Montmorency tart cherries are a rich source of antioxidants, including melatonin, which may help to relieve the pain of arthritis, gout, and possibly fibromyalgia. To date, no other fruit or vegetable has been found to have the pain relieving properties of tart cherries. In addition, the antioxidants in tart cherries can help fight cancer and heart disease.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
marta, baltimore, maryland January 23, 2012
“Your service is the best.I could hardly believe how fast my package arrived.Everything is delicious.I have never tasted better apricots or tart cherries.I will certainly keep my orders coming, and I will recommend you to friends!
Laurie, Lynnfield, MA January 16, 2012
“I just opened a bag of your dried tart cherries. They are so plump and chockfull of cherry flavor. Best I've ever had. I'll be ordering more soon!!!”
Sara, Columbia, MO January 3, 2012
“Wow! First time to order, but it will definitely not be my last. Two pounds of macadamia nuts are gone in a week! ;-) My son ate all of the chocolate covered sunflower seeds before we finished opening gifts Christmas morning. I loved tart cherries so much that I have been looking up recipes to use them in -- outstanding flavor.
You did just as I asked, sent things just to arrive near Christmas. We are going to try a whole bunch of new things next time -- okay, in addition to those favorites we already located.
Thanks, Nuts Online -- your box even made it into the wrapping pile and my husband thought I was calling him Nuts! ;-) ”
Laina, Apalachin, NY November 19, 2011
“Received my package today after ordering yesterday afternoon....:) Very happy with the products.....the dried sour cherries are delicious and I can't wait to bake with them. Had originally been on line searching for green tea powder to bake with and ended up here. Thanks so much for the sample of dried cranberries perfect gift for this time of year. I was so happy I posted you on my Face Book site....:)”
Gity, Baltimore, Md 21286 November 9, 2011
“The sour cherries are wonderful . I didn't think I could get them as good as these here . ( my mother used to send them to me from Iran ) . I am going to buy more of your goodies . Thanks a lot Gity”
Robert, Germantown, MD November 3, 2011
“What great service, next day delivery! Now to the best part , the product. There is no comparison to other brands. The dried cherries I got made a store brand look like raisins. I haven't had time to try the chia seeds yet but they look great. Thanks to u and your team.”
Patressa G. Kearns, Luray, VA October 27, 2011
“I AM ready to give you a piece of my mind -- and I've got a good mind! You guys are the best -- best products, best service, best attitude, and the most fun of any online company I order stuff from! In short, you guys are NUTS! You make like good, and I thank you for that (AND my chia seeds and dried tart cherries and figs)! Thanks a million!”
Jamie, Johnsburg, NY September 23, 2011
“I ordered the dried cherries which are often hard to find in the local stores, living in a remote area as I do. The product was good, at a reasonable price and with standard UPS, i got it 22 hours after ordering it... Go figure?”
Tina, NJ July 26, 2011
“Arrive in perfect condition. Everything was fresh and
Alicja, Ashburn, Virginia July 26, 2011
“Delicious product, great quality and quick delivery. Not much else you could ask for.
Thank you to the team at Nuts Online.
Showing 41-50 of 90
Jack, Hollywood, CA April 13, 2014
“These cherries rock! I added them to my 'trail mix' and it was an instant upgrade. I hate raisins and cranberries after a while, These cherries are a welcomed relief!
So glad I found this company. I'm stocking up for a month long JMT trek this summer...I'm going to be eating like a king thanks to these guys!”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||5|
Montmorency Cherries, sugar, sunflower oil (may contain an occasional pit fragments)
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 375 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|10 Pound Cases|