Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Sour (Tart) Cherries
Tart Montmorency cherries are a great dried fruit snack that can be used for baking. The cherries are lightly sweetened.
Our Registered Dietitian's Top PickOur Registered Dietitian and Health Nut likes dried cherries because they are rich in quercetin, a powerful flavonoid that has been linked to reducing heart disease. Plus, thanks to their deep, dark color from antocyanins, they are linked to reducing inflammation in the body. Try adding in tart cherries to salads, trail mix, and granola.
2. According to researchers, a flavonoid found in cherries that has anticarcinogenic properties called quercetin can help to prevent heart disease. Cherries are considered a nutritionally significant source of quercetin, containing large quantities per serving that surpass most fruits.
3. A phenolic acid called amygdalin, also termed Vitamin B17 and laetrile, found in the kernels of cherries and other fruits, has been shown to reduce tumor size and further spread of cancer, as well as to alleviate the pains of the cancerous process. Populations such as the Hunza in Pakistan that have always incorporated amygdalin into their diets have remained cancer free, leading scientists to believe that its consumption could also be a powerful cancer prevention food.
4. Anthocyanins found in cherries also block inflammatory enzymes, reducing pain. In fact, 20 cherries are 10 times as potent as aspirin and have positive effects on gout and arthritis pain.
5. Sweet cherries are also considered to be excellent sources of boron, providing 396 ug/100g. Boron consumption, coupled with calcium and magnesium has been linked to increased bone health.
6. Tart cherries naturally pack a health-promoting punch that provides pain relief for many consumers. Ongoing research shows that Montmorency tart cherries are a rich source of antioxidants, including melatonin, which may help to relieve the pain of arthritis, gout, and possibly fibromyalgia. To date, no other fruit or vegetable has been found to have the pain relieving properties of tart cherries. In addition, the antioxidants in tart cherries can help fight cancer and heart disease.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Sarah, Conyers, GA July 31, 2012
“Yes, I received my nuts and goodies package today. I had been doing pear preserves and jelly and I had laid down for a break. I woke up and my package was here. Everything is fresh and so tasty. Those pitted tart cherries are great. Thank you and may God bless you all and your Nutty Business.
Pamela, Washington, DC July 28, 2012
“Order arrived on time as usual, could not wait to start eating my delicious date and cherries and the rest, thanks again for your prompt delivery, until next time. Thanks”
Maribel, New York, NY June 9, 2012
“Just got my dried tart cherries, tore the box open and I'm chewing as I type. Delicious flavor, and oh so tangy. Thanks for the amazingly quick delivery!! I will be ordering again soon!”
Susan June 5, 2012
“just received the tart cherries - absolutely fresh and delicious!”
Martha, Silver Spring, Md May 2, 2012
“Wow! you guys are awesome! I placed an order yesterday and today I was pleasantly surprised when my order arrived. I couldn't wait to taste the tart cherries, and they're terrific. I will definitely order again. BTW thanks so much for the sample you included. ”
Arvind, nashua, nh April 3, 2012
“Oh My God!...I really don't have words!...I just loved them. The tart cherries or the whole dried cranberries. Phenomenal!....I also liked the way in which the order was tracked and delivered...very sweet...2 thumbs up!...definitely going to order in future!”
Linda March 7, 2012
“Okay, where to begin? The sour tart cherries are amazing. The strawberries awesome. The edamame great. The dates wonderful. Still need to try the rest. But I'll spread the work. Great job.”
Bonnie, Hazard, Ky. March 6, 2012
“My order arrived yesterday in perfect condition.Of course I had to sample everything as soon as it arrived. I ordered organic apricots, dried cherries and fig bars. All were delicious but the cherries were sooo good and sooo big. I was very impressed by everything and will definitely be ordering again.Thanks so much for great products!”
Linda, Green Cove Springs, FL February 22, 2012
“I just received my shipment which was very prompt and just what I ordered. I like the individual packaging of each item in high quality resealable zipper bags. So far, I tested the dried cherries and they are delicious; much better than what I can get in the local supermarket. I am impressed!”
Laurie, Lynnfield, MA February 11, 2012
“Received my order yesterday. Fastest shipping of any company I've done business with on the internet. The Holiday Date Rolls are AMAZING! Best I've ever tasted. All of the products I've ordered are fantastic. The dried cranberries and dried cherries are so plump and delicious. I just can't say enough good things about Nuts.com. Love all you nutty guys!”
Showing 31-40 of 90
Jack, Hollywood, CA April 13, 2014
“These cherries rock! I added them to my 'trail mix' and it was an instant upgrade. I hate raisins and cranberries after a while, These cherries are a welcomed relief!
So glad I found this company. I'm stocking up for a month long JMT trek this summer...I'm going to be eating like a king thanks to these guys!”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||5|
Montmorency Cherries, sugar, sunflower oil (may contain an occasional pit fragments)
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 375 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|10 Pound Cases|