Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Sour (Tart) Cherries
Tart Montmorency cherries are a great dried fruit snack that can be used for baking. The cherries are lightly sweetened.
Our Registered Dietitian's Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut likes dried cherries because they are rich in quercetin, a powerful flavonoid that has been linked to reducing heart disease. Plus, thanks to their deep, dark color from antocyanins, they are linked to reducing inflammation in the body. Try adding in tart cherries to salads, trail mix, and granola.
2. According to researchers, a flavonoid found in cherries that has anticarcinogenic properties called quercetin can help to prevent heart disease. Cherries are considered a nutritionally significant source of quercetin, containing large quantities per serving that surpass most fruits.
3. A phenolic acid called amygdalin, also termed Vitamin B17 and laetrile, found in the kernels of cherries and other fruits, has been shown to reduce tumor size and further spread of cancer, as well as to alleviate the pains of the cancerous process. Populations such as the Hunza in Pakistan that have always incorporated amygdalin into their diets have remained cancer free, leading scientists to believe that its consumption could also be a powerful cancer prevention food.
4. Anthocyanins found in cherries also block inflammatory enzymes, reducing pain. In fact, 20 cherries are 10 times as potent as aspirin and have positive effects on gout and arthritis pain.
5. Sweet cherries are also considered to be excellent sources of boron, providing 396 ug/100g. Boron consumption, coupled with calcium and magnesium has been linked to increased bone health.
6. Tart cherries naturally pack a health-promoting punch that provides pain relief for many consumers. Ongoing research shows that Montmorency tart cherries are a rich source of antioxidants, including melatonin, which may help to relieve the pain of arthritis, gout, and possibly fibromyalgia. To date, no other fruit or vegetable has been found to have the pain relieving properties of tart cherries. In addition, the antioxidants in tart cherries can help fight cancer and heart disease.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Janice, Brunswick, ME December 20, 2012
“You guys are UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! The doorbell rang and I saw the FedEx truck and there were the nuts!!! I just ordered them yesterday and didn't request fast delivery!
AMAZING!! And I know the nuts and dried fruit are great as I have ordered in past years!!
THANK YOU and Merry Christmas!!!”
Kate, Austin, TX December 15, 2012
“I ordered 27 pounds of assorted dried fruit from Nuts.com for this year's Christmas fruitcakes, and I have been blown away by the ease, speed, and quality of my order. This is good fruit at good prices, and it shipped fast and hassle-free. I'll be ordering again next year!”
Laura, San Carlos, CA December 10, 2012
“Fast delivery and wonderful product. Loved the sample. Will definitely purchase again!”
Mike, Albemarle, N.C. December 8, 2012
“WOW. Talk about fast delivery. I just pushed the hibernate button on my laptop, after placing an order, and the FEDEX truck comes rolling up the driveway with the delivery. Well, it just seemed that way. The tart cherries are delicious. ”
patricia, brookline, MA December 5, 2012
“cherries nice and tart. will order more.”
Frank, NewOrleans November 6, 2012
“Thanks ya'll for another shipment of outstanding product! Great service as always.”
Sherry, Charlotte, NC November 6, 2012
“Thank you for the quick delivery of apricot kernels and sour died cherries. Now my yearly tradition of homemade Amaretto can continue. And my tart cherry scones will again be shared with friends and family! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and a very Merry and blessed Christmas.”
Sherry, Christiansted, VI October 31, 2012
“Yummy! My cherries arrived today, and they are delicious! So happy you deliver to the Virgin Islands. (Order arrived in three days, wow, that's a record.)
Love the recently delivered peanuts and edamame, too, you're the best!!”
Pat September 21, 2012
“IN OATMEAL! When I was a kid, it was always raisins in my oatmeal but last winter I found out that these cherries are much better, an explosion of flavor.”
Jan, Frontenac, KS August 23, 2012
“Received order today. The dried cherries are delicious!!! Will definitely order items from you again. The shipping container is a hoot. And congratulations on your newest little peanut.”
Showing 21-30 of 90
Jack, Hollywood, CA April 13, 2014
“These cherries rock! I added them to my 'trail mix' and it was an instant upgrade. I hate raisins and cranberries after a while, These cherries are a welcomed relief!
So glad I found this company. I'm stocking up for a month long JMT trek this summer...I'm going to be eating like a king thanks to these guys!”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||5|
Montmorency Cherries, sugar, sunflower oil (may contain an occasional pit fragments)
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 375 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|10 Pound Cases|