Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Sour (Tart) Cherries
Tart Montmorency cherries are a great dried fruit snack that can be used for baking. The cherries are lightly sweetened.
Our Registered Dietitian's Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut likes dried cherries because they are rich in quercetin, a powerful flavonoid that has been linked to reducing heart disease. Plus, thanks to their deep, dark color from antocyanins, they are linked to reducing inflammation in the body. Try adding in tart cherries to salads, trail mix, and granola.
2. According to researchers, a flavonoid found in cherries that has anticarcinogenic properties called quercetin can help to prevent heart disease. Cherries are considered a nutritionally significant source of quercetin, containing large quantities per serving that surpass most fruits.
3. A phenolic acid called amygdalin, also termed Vitamin B17 and laetrile, found in the kernels of cherries and other fruits, has been shown to reduce tumor size and further spread of cancer, as well as to alleviate the pains of the cancerous process. Populations such as the Hunza in Pakistan that have always incorporated amygdalin into their diets have remained cancer free, leading scientists to believe that its consumption could also be a powerful cancer prevention food.
4. Anthocyanins found in cherries also block inflammatory enzymes, reducing pain. In fact, 20 cherries are 10 times as potent as aspirin and have positive effects on gout and arthritis pain.
5. Sweet cherries are also considered to be excellent sources of boron, providing 396 ug/100g. Boron consumption, coupled with calcium and magnesium has been linked to increased bone health.
6. Tart cherries naturally pack a health-promoting punch that provides pain relief for many consumers. Ongoing research shows that Montmorency tart cherries are a rich source of antioxidants, including melatonin, which may help to relieve the pain of arthritis, gout, and possibly fibromyalgia. To date, no other fruit or vegetable has been found to have the pain relieving properties of tart cherries. In addition, the antioxidants in tart cherries can help fight cancer and heart disease.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Corbster, CR, Colorado April 26, 2013
“Even though it is late April, it feels like Christmas morning because we just opened up a new box from Nuts.com. We love those montmorency dried cherries. They are delicious on oatmeal, in trail mix or just snackin'. And thank you for always adding a surprise treat! Today we opened a package of dried strawberries. There is a Santa Claus, he's at Nuts.com.”
Carol & Tom, Rehoboth Beach, DE March 13, 2013
“We have received the tart cherries and they are the best yet. So happy we found you.
Looking forward to trying your nuts.
Stephanie, Georgia, VT March 7, 2013
“My co-worker and I had to visit an office building and while there we were invited to help ourselves to the free offerings the company provided in their break room. Besides fresh fruit, yogurt and almonds, they had put out the most delicious dried fruit we'd ever had. Your distinctive packing boxes were spotted and upon return to my own office I almost immediately looked you up and tried to figure out what the dried fruit was. Just to be safe I ordered two things - whole dried cranberries and cherries. The cranberries were it and I am addicted. The cherries are awesome as well. I'll be ordering again and again... thanks!!!”
Jim, Carbondale, PA February 15, 2013
“It is totally insane how FAST the shipping was. I placed my order Thursday evening and it arrived Friday afternoon. That was with normal FedEX ground. Lightning isn't that fast! haha. I love every product I received!! So fresh and tasty! You have made me a customer for life with your service! Thank you Nuts.com!!!”
Carol, Florence, KY February 8, 2013
“What a pleasant surprise to find my first order on the door step this morning! Such quick service. The pepitas are the best I've ever tasted and the dried cherries are, too. I'm sure the other items will be great, also. I'm so pleased with the order that I've just placed a second order for different items. All prices are so reasonable, too. You now have another
Ann, Southampton, MA February 6, 2013
“You guys are fast and fantastic! I ordered Tuesday afternoon and low and behold here they are the very next day. The nuts and fruit are delicious, very fresh. ”
Cindy, Chicago, IL February 2, 2013
“These cherries are FANTASTIC. They are bursting with REAL cherry flavor, reminds me of eating a good cherry pie, without all the bad stuff. Just wish I had ordered MORE!”
Anne, Bath, NC January 31, 2013
“This is the third time I've ordered from your delightful company. Your products are always fresh, not a spoiled nut in the bunch! Your new packaging is superior to anything I've ever purchased before. I use your nuts and dried fruits to make a late night munchies and have actually lost weight! I also love your happy, irreverent attitude. You are all so "nutty"! Thanks. I will be ordering again soon. ”
Anne, West Chester, PA January 9, 2013
“YIKES!! I ordered dried sour cherries yesterday and they got to work before I did this morning! There they sat on my desk when I arrived. Plump, tasty, gorgeous--hard to concentrate on work. Put me down as a regular. This is my first order, but it will NOT be the last! Anne”
julie, AZ January 8, 2013
“Thank you so much for the prompt delivery of Cherries!
Almost time to order more!
Showing 11-20 of 90
Jack, Hollywood, CA April 13, 2014
“These cherries rock! I added them to my 'trail mix' and it was an instant upgrade. I hate raisins and cranberries after a while, These cherries are a welcomed relief!
So glad I found this company. I'm stocking up for a month long JMT trek this summer...I'm going to be eating like a king thanks to these guys!”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||5|
Montmorency Cherries, sugar, sunflower oil (may contain an occasional pit fragments)
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 375 pieces per pound.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|10 Pound Cases|