Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Cherries in a Jar
These Red Tart Cherries are packed at their peak of freshness, flavor and color! These beautiful pitted Montmorency Cherries are the most popular pie cherry.
2. According to researchers, a flavonoid found in cherries that has anticarcinogenic properties called quercetin can help to prevent heart disease. Cherries are considered a nutritionally significant source of quercetin, containing large quantities per serving that surpass most fruits.
3. A phenolic acid called amygdalin, also termed Vitamin B17 and laetrile, found in the kernels of cherries and other fruits, has been shown to reduce tumor size and further spread of cancer, as well as to alleviate the pains of the cancerous process. Populations such as the Hunza in Pakistan that have always incorporated amygdalin into their diets have remained cancer free, leading scientists to believe that its consumption could also be a powerful cancer prevention food.
4. Anthocyanins found in cherries also block inflammatory enzymes, reducing pain. In fact, 20 cherries are 10 times as potent as aspirin and have positive effects on gout and arthritis pain.
5. Sweet cherries are also considered to be excellent sources of boron, providing 396 ug/100g. Boron consumption, coupled with calcium and magnesium has been linked to increased bone health.
6. Tart cherries naturally pack a health-promoting punch that provides pain relief for many consumers. Ongoing research shows that tart cherries are a rich source of antioxidants, including melatonin, which may help to relieve the pain of arthritis, gout, and possibly fibromyalgia. To date, no other fruit or vegetable has been found to have the pain relieving properties of tart cherries. In addition, the antioxidants in tart cherries can help fight cancer and heart disease.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Kimberly, Hamilton, NJ July 21, 2012
“Everything we order is always very fresh and arrives quickly. Our favorites are the Turkish figs and the hazelnut supreme coffee. I started using the cherries in a jar as the filling for my cherry pie, and my family now raves that it is the best cherry crumb pie they've ever had! It's the same recipe I've used for years, the only difference is the cherries. My most recent order included vanilla beans. I was extremely pleased with the size and quality of the beans, and the price was much less than the ones in my local grocery store.”
Richard December 29, 2011
“Great service ordered yesterday and it is now on my front porch (10:43 AM)”
Mark, Jackson Heights, NY January 20, 2010
“Lightning fast service and delicious cherries!!
Brenda, Port Orange, FL July 10, 2008
“I LOVE Nuts On Line! The food is very tasty and the prices are very reasonable! My favorites are chocolate covered pretzels and cherries in a jar. (I also buy sunflower seeds and sour gummies. You guys are the Nuttiest!”
Claudine December 13, 2012
“Last year found your old site by accident! After tasting I'm a loyalist! Love your company and enjoy the jovial emails. You are quick, efficient and need I say delicious! Keep up the good work and for heavens sake don't change.”
Serving Size 140g (~4.9 oz.)
(Approx. 3.2 Servings/Pound)
Servings per Container 5
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Pitted sour cherries, water, sugar, citric acid (may contain pits and/or pit fragments)
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. We do not recommend refrigeration or freezing.