Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Love bing cherries? Want them year round? Then be sure to try these dried bing cherries, which are the bright taste of summer in a chewy morsel!
2. According to researchers, a flavonoid found in cherries that has anticarcinogenic properties called quercetin can help to prevent heart disease. Cherries are considered a nutritionally significant source of quercetin, containing large quantities per serving that surpass most fruits.
3. A phenolic acid called amygdalin, also termed Vitamin B17 and laetrile, found in the kernels of cherries and other fruits, has been shown to reduce tumor size and further spread of cancer, as well as to alleviate the pains of the cancerous process. Populations such as the Hunza in Pakistan that have always incorporated amygdalin into their diets have remained cancer free, leading scientists to believe that its consumption could also be a powerful cancer prevention food.
4. Anthocyanins found in cherries also block inflammatory enzymes, reducing pain. In fact, 20 cherries are 10 times as potent as aspirin and have positive effects on gout and arthritis pain.
5. Sweet cherries are also considered to be excellent sources of boron, providing 396 ug/100g. Boron consumption, coupled with calcium and magnesium has been linked to increased bone health.
6. Tart cherries naturally pack a health-promoting punch that provides pain relief for many consumers. Ongoing research shows that tart cherries are a rich source of antioxidants, including melatonin, which may help to relieve the pain of arthritis, gout, and possibly fibromyalgia. To date, no other fruit or vegetable has been found to have the pain relieving properties of tart cherries. In addition, the antioxidants in tart cherries can help fight cancer and heart disease.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Cecilia, Boston, MA February 14, 2014
“It would be great to know where the nuts are sourced, but everything I've ordered (raw, unsalted nuts, dried bing cherries, dried figs) is fresh and delicious. Thank you! I love making trail mix for snacks and the prices and fast delivery have won me over. Just tell us where you source all your nuts, please!”
Kathy January 6, 2014
“Wow! Awesome Bing cherries quickly delivered! Thanks!”
Emily, Murfreesboro, TN November 19, 2013
“Got the box today. It exceeded my expectations. Love the packaging and the quality of the products - cherries, blueberries, pistachios, quinoa, gluten free flour. Very happy I found y'all!”
Nancy, Hallettsville, Texas October 7, 2013
“I ordered bing cherries and they were shipped right away. They taste great!! I am really impressed with the service. Thanks guys.”
Roy, Charleston, SC August 28, 2013
“My order arrived on time, the dried sour cherries and bing cherries are delicious (especially with dark chocolate) and the free samples of dried apricots and cranberries are equally tasty and a nice touch. Excellent product for the value. I will order again.”
Teresa, Fort Bragg, CA May 13, 2013
“My Mom went nuts over her Mother's Day present! She loved everything: peanuts, mixed nuts, cherries, and the dates. Very happy customers...thank you, Nuts.com!”
Brooks, Kurtistown, Hawaii February 25, 2013
“From one nut case to a bunch of them,
Got our dried fruit and have enjoyed them very much. We just ordered 1# each Bings and Blueberries as a test run. We are pleased with your products and you will getting another order from us bye and bye. So as they say at the Nuthouse get cracking.”
Susan, camp hill, pa January 18, 2013
“I love dried fruit, but the "clean" kind at the grocery store -- the stuff without chemical preservatives that aren't good for you -- is usually dried out and not very tasty. Your site is a find! The dried fruits I ordered are delicious and moist minus the chemicals.”
Tupreme, hermitage, tn December 26, 2012
“The best dried fruit I have used and will continue . to buy from you.”
Mary, Willoughby, OH December 13, 2012
“We love dried fruit and nuts but have not been successful purchasing fresh, good nuts and dried fruit locally (they're ok, but nothing to get excited about). My shipment arrived the very next day and in the most adorable boxes ever! The box alone made me smile!! And inside.....the MOST delicious, fresh dried fruit and nuts I have tasted. I was sceptical ordering online but I will NEVER buy anywhere else agian. What a GREAT business you have! I feel so lucky to have come across your website and will pass it along to all my friends! ”
Showing 1-10 of 55
ANN, Monroe, CT May 18, 2014
“These bing cherries are second best only to the fresh ones
which are not available all year long. It's nice to know we
can enjoy this luscious fruit even when they are not in season.
Best tasting. Best quality.”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||10|
Bing Cherries, Sunflower Oil [less than 1%] (may contain pits and/or pit fragments)
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 400 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 1 year. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|10 Pound Cases|