Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Dried blueberries are packed with antioxidants and vitamins for a healthy treat. These dried Oregon blueberries are slightly sweetened and ideal for mixing in cereals, or adding to cakes and muffins. They also make a delicious addition to salads and are perfect for snacking on. One taste of these plump and sweet dried blueberries and your taste buds will be in paradise.
Dried Blueberries have been found to improve vision, clear arteries, strengthen blood vessels, enhance memory, stop urinary tract infections, reverse age-related physical and mental declines,and promote weight control. In general, blueberries are one of the richest sources of antioxidant phytonutrients found in any fruit. Antioxidants help the body protect itself against diseases.
2. A one cup serving of fresh blueberries will give you five grams of fiber - more than most fruits and vegetables - and 15% of your daily vitamin C.
3. Researchers at the USDA Human Nutrition Center (HNRCA) have found that blueberries rank #1 in antioxidant activity when compared to 40 other fresh fruits and vegetables. Anthocyanin -- the pigment that makes the blueberries blue -- is thought to be responsible for this major health benefit. Studies have found that consumption of blueberries strengthens eyesight, inhibits aging, and improves memory.
4. In another USDA Human Nutrition Center (HNRCA) lab, neuroscientists discovered that feeding blueberries to laboratory rats slowed age-related loss in their mental capacity, a finding that has important implications for humans.
5. Blueberries may reduce the build up of so called "bad" cholesterol that contributes to cardiovascular disease and stroke, according to scientists at the University of California at Davis. Antioxidants are believed to be the active component.
6. Researchers at Rutgers University in New Jersey have identified a compound in blueberries that promotes urinary tract health and reduces the risk of infection. It appears to work by preventing bacteria from adhering to the cells that line the walls of the urinary tract.
7. A number of studies in Europe have documented the relationship between bilberries, the European cousin of blueberries and improved eyesight. This is thought to occur because of the anthocyanin in the blue pigment which is also available in the blueberry. One study in Japan documented that blueberries helped ease eye fatigue.
8. In Sweden, dried blueberries are used to treat childhood diarrhea (Kowalchuk, 1976). This use is attributed to anthocyanosides, a natural substance found in blueberries which is believed to be "lethal" to E. Coli (a bacteria sometimes linked to the infection).
9. Blueberries contain a variety of compounds. These include: antioxidants, anthocyanosides, bacterial inhibitors, folic acid, vitamins A and C, carotenoids, ellagic acid, folic acid, and dietary fibers.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
David, Indianapolis, IN September 18, 2007
“Delicious, Fresh, and Highly Recommended!”
brian, chicago, il March 26, 2007
“wow, I want to tell you. I ordered the blueberries, raspberries and strawberries. I just opened the blueberries to use on my oatmeal. I LOVED them. Wow, intense flavor and so fresh. I can't wait to taste the rest. I am now a dedicated customer! oh, and they were shipped promptly and came quickly... I can't wait to try more...”
Peggy, Mentor, Ohio June 11, 2006
“Your dried blueberries are the best!”
Carvey , TX May 25, 2006
“I just can't get enough of your blueberries! I am sitting here licking my fingers to type while eating them. They taste great and love to read all the healthy info on your site! Thanks for pricing them so reasonable as well!”
Mark, Iowa City, Iowa March 4, 2006
“Excellent service, excellent products. My morning cereal just wouldn't be the same w/o your dried blueberries. I'm a repeat customer for good reason.”
Erin, Hughesville, MD February 4, 2006
“This is such a great site! Orders are received so quickly and the products themselves are awesome. We can't get enough of the dried blueberries and raspberries. Keep up the great work!”
Carolyn Z, NY November 11, 2003
“I want to commend you on your user-friendly website, your outstanding service, and last but not least, your fresh and reasonably-priced products! Although I prefer to buy from my local merchants whenever possible, there is no store that even comes close to offering the value and quality that I enjoy from nutsonline.com. I not only order for myself but I treat friends and family as well...and all of us are thrilled! The raw cashews, the dried raspberries and blueberries (which I haven't seen anywhere but at nutsonline.com), the combo nut/fruit mixes, the gift tray options...are wonderful! I am so happy that you exist and wish you many, many more years of success to come!”
Showing 51-60 of 58
Rosemary, Fairfax, VA December 10, 2013
“My blueberries and Turkish figs arrived right on time yesterday. They're always a treat ... my very favorite! I appreciate how quickly you nutty folks send my packages, and the flavors never disappoint. I'll be back!”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||5|
Blueberries, sugar, sunflower oil.
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 500 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 1 year. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|10 Pound Cases|