Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Dried blueberries are packed with antioxidants and vitamins for a healthy treat. These dried Oregon blueberries are slightly sweetened and ideal for mixing in cereals, or adding to cakes and muffins. They also make a delicious addition to salads and are perfect for snacking on. One taste of these plump and sweet dried blueberries and your taste buds will be in paradise.
Dried Blueberries have been found to improve vision, clear arteries, strengthen blood vessels, enhance memory, stop urinary tract infections, reverse age-related physical and mental declines,and promote weight control. In general, blueberries are one of the richest sources of antioxidant phytonutrients found in any fruit. Antioxidants help the body protect itself against diseases.
2. A one cup serving of fresh blueberries will give you five grams of fiber - more than most fruits and vegetables - and 15% of your daily vitamin C.
3. Researchers at the USDA Human Nutrition Center (HNRCA) have found that blueberries rank #1 in antioxidant activity when compared to 40 other fresh fruits and vegetables. Anthocyanin -- the pigment that makes the blueberries blue -- is thought to be responsible for this major health benefit. Studies have found that consumption of blueberries strengthens eyesight, inhibits aging, and improves memory.
4. In another USDA Human Nutrition Center (HNRCA) lab, neuroscientists discovered that feeding blueberries to laboratory rats slowed age-related loss in their mental capacity, a finding that has important implications for humans.
5. Blueberries may reduce the build up of so called "bad" cholesterol that contributes to cardiovascular disease and stroke, according to scientists at the University of California at Davis. Antioxidants are believed to be the active component.
6. Researchers at Rutgers University in New Jersey have identified a compound in blueberries that promotes urinary tract health and reduces the risk of infection. It appears to work by preventing bacteria from adhering to the cells that line the walls of the urinary tract.
7. A number of studies in Europe have documented the relationship between bilberries, the European cousin of blueberries and improved eyesight. This is thought to occur because of the anthocyanin in the blue pigment which is also available in the blueberry. One study in Japan documented that blueberries helped ease eye fatigue.
8. In Sweden, dried blueberries are used to treat childhood diarrhea (Kowalchuk, 1976). This use is attributed to anthocyanosides, a natural substance found in blueberries which is believed to be "lethal" to E. Coli (a bacteria sometimes linked to the infection).
9. Blueberries contain a variety of compounds. These include: antioxidants, anthocyanosides, bacterial inhibitors, folic acid, vitamins A and C, carotenoids, ellagic acid, folic acid, and dietary fibers.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
jim, marcus hook, pa August 19, 2009
“i ordered sugar free chocolate raisins for my wife and blueberries for me when i bake bread not only were they fantastic i ordered tues afternoon and got them weds morning will buy again often”
Lynn, Barre, Vermont July 28, 2009
“My order arrived an hour ago in perfect condition. Your packing is great. I was slightly disappointed that the shipment didn't leave the FedEx terminal until Saturday night (they had it for 48 hours), but that certainly isn't your fault. I just tried the dried blueberries and they are fantastic!”
Bonnie, Vermont June 26, 2009
“Beautiful dried blueberries and dried sour cherries!
Always great quality and FAST shipment!”
Debbra, Villa Park, IL February 11, 2009
“I just received my first order today, right on time. What can I say that hasn't been said before? Your dried blueberries are exceptional, as is the trail mix. I don't even have a word to describe the Supreme Dark Chocolate Blueberries--YUMM! You will definitely hear from me again, and often!”
Angela , Riddle, Oregon January 29, 2009
“I love these blue berries. We went through 10 pounds and had to get more! Thank you.”
Debra, CA January 15, 2009
“Our family really enjoyed the dried blueberries. The quality is fantastic and they are much plumper and juicier than typical store purchased ones. We also, ordered the dried raspberries and this was our first time ever eating dried raspberries. They were good, however a little more tart than the blueberries. I am impressed how this company communicates well, ships fast and wants feedback about everything. I would recommend this company to friends and family. I will also save this site in my favorites and will order again. Thank you, "Nuts online."”
Kimi June 12, 2008
“Yep, they are great! You order nuts one day, and later in the week, you're surrounded by them. =) Nuts are one thing that I can count on as being a great present for my dad. He enjoys a variety of them as well as the dried blueberries, which he considers a gourmet treat. Nuts Online delivers fast, fresh products, and they make Father's Day an easy occasion to buy for. Thanks, Nuts Online!”
David, Indianapolis, IN September 18, 2007
“Delicious, Fresh, and Highly Recommended!”
brian, chicago, il March 26, 2007
“wow, I want to tell you. I ordered the blueberries, raspberries and strawberries. I just opened the blueberries to use on my oatmeal. I LOVED them. Wow, intense flavor and so fresh. I can't wait to taste the rest. I am now a dedicated customer! oh, and they were shipped promptly and came quickly... I can't wait to try more...”
Peggy, Mentor, Ohio June 11, 2006
“Your dried blueberries are the best!”
Showing 51-60 of 65
Carol, Emporia, KS September 12, 2014
“Love to put these in scones & need a bunch since I've been asked to bring them for a friend's daughter's wedding in a couple of weeks. These will make a big batch & I won't break the bank making them for her.”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||5|
Blueberries, sugar, sunflower oil.
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 500 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 1 year. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|10 Pound Cases|