Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Dried blueberries are packed with antioxidants and vitamins for a healthy treat. These dried Oregon blueberries are slightly sweetened and ideal for mixing in cereals, or adding to cakes and muffins. They also make a delicious addition to salads and are perfect for snacking on. One taste of these plump and sweet dried blueberries and your taste buds will be in paradise.
Dried Blueberries have been found to improve vision, clear arteries, strengthen blood vessels, enhance memory, stop urinary tract infections, reverse age-related physical and mental declines,and promote weight control. In general, blueberries are one of the richest sources of antioxidant phytonutrients found in any fruit. Antioxidants help the body protect itself against diseases.
2. A one cup serving of fresh blueberries will give you five grams of fiber - more than most fruits and vegetables - and 15% of your daily vitamin C.
3. Researchers at the USDA Human Nutrition Center (HNRCA) have found that blueberries rank #1 in antioxidant activity when compared to 40 other fresh fruits and vegetables. Anthocyanin -- the pigment that makes the blueberries blue -- is thought to be responsible for this major health benefit. Studies have found that consumption of blueberries strengthens eyesight, inhibits aging, and improves memory.
4. In another USDA Human Nutrition Center (HNRCA) lab, neuroscientists discovered that feeding blueberries to laboratory rats slowed age-related loss in their mental capacity, a finding that has important implications for humans.
5. Blueberries may reduce the build up of so called "bad" cholesterol that contributes to cardiovascular disease and stroke, according to scientists at the University of California at Davis. Antioxidants are believed to be the active component.
6. Researchers at Rutgers University in New Jersey have identified a compound in blueberries that promotes urinary tract health and reduces the risk of infection. It appears to work by preventing bacteria from adhering to the cells that line the walls of the urinary tract.
7. A number of studies in Europe have documented the relationship between bilberries, the European cousin of blueberries and improved eyesight. This is thought to occur because of the anthocyanin in the blue pigment which is also available in the blueberry. One study in Japan documented that blueberries helped ease eye fatigue.
8. In Sweden, dried blueberries are used to treat childhood diarrhea (Kowalchuk, 1976). This use is attributed to anthocyanosides, a natural substance found in blueberries which is believed to be "lethal" to E. Coli (a bacteria sometimes linked to the infection).
9. Blueberries contain a variety of compounds. These include: antioxidants, anthocyanosides, bacterial inhibitors, folic acid, vitamins A and C, carotenoids, ellagic acid, folic acid, and dietary fibers.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Mike Robinson , Memphis, Tn October 5, 2013
“I ordered dried blueberries and was definitely impressed with the size and quality. I appreciate the free sample of cranberries also! I will be back- thanks for quality, price, and speedy service!”
Sandra, UNION DALE, Pennsylvania September 12, 2013
“Thanks for the note--both the blueberries and walnuts that we just received are fresh and tasty. Your products have consistently been like this since I started ordering over 3 yrs ago. ”
Misako, Lilliwaup, WA May 31, 2013
“We LOVE all products of yours, the quality is fantastic! Your service is always so accurate and reliable, we also love delivery boxes, they are fun. Great treat, indeed!”
Harry, Glenolden, PA April 16, 2013
“Came as promised, very quickly thru the mail. Everything tastes great! Can't beat the quality. Will use often!!”
Brooks, Kurtistown, Hawaii February 25, 2013
“From one nut case to a bunch of them,
Got our dried fruit and have enjoyed them very much. We just ordered 1# each Bings and Blueberries as a test run. We are pleased with your products and you will getting another order from us bye and bye. So as they say at the Nuthouse get cracking.”
Ann, Southampton, MA February 6, 2013
“You guys are fast and fantastic! I ordered Tuesday afternoon and low and behold here they are the very next day. The nuts and fruit are delicious, very fresh. ”
Hallie, New York, NY February 6, 2013
“I ordered the dried strawberries and blueberries after some friends and I started reminiscing about how we used to have the most amazing dried fruit when we lived in Greece. 19 hours--literally--after ordering from nuts.com (and with the normal shipping!), I had them IN HAND!! Unbelievably speedy service, and the fruits are perfect and delicious. Just like the ones I remember from Greece. This is my first time with nuts.com, but I will be back for (much!) more before long! Thank you so much!”
Alfred, Susquehanna, PA February 6, 2013
“Just love the dried fruit. Got the dried blueberries, cranberries, and tart cherries. These fruits are plump and delicious. Man they are going to make some great scones. I'll never buy the ones they sell in the store, they are so puny and not even close to being as tasteful. ”
Deborah, okc, Oklahoma January 22, 2013
“Just can't say enough about all the fantastic products found at nuts.com Wish I had money for one of everything! The food has had a wonderful positive impact on my health.”
Pamela, Hockessin, De January 16, 2013
“Wow. Delivered in less than 24 hours. Doorbell rang as I was preparing lunch...tossed a handful of the dried blueberries on the spinach salad i was serving...rave reviews! I will soon be placing another order. Thanks for the cranberry sample bag.”
Showing 11-20 of 65
Carol, Emporia, KS September 12, 2014
“Love to put these in scones & need a bunch since I've been asked to bring them for a friend's daughter's wedding in a couple of weeks. These will make a big batch & I won't break the bank making them for her.”
Serving Size 40g (~1.4 oz.)
(Approx. 11.4 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||5|
Blueberries, sugar, sunflower oil.
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Approximately 500 pieces per pound.
Store open or closed under refrigeration for up to 1 year. This item can be frozen.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|10 Pound Cases|