Organic Wild Blueberry Powder (Raw)
All natural raw organic wild blueberry powder is loaded with antioxidants, vitamins and nutrients. Use in smoothies, beverages, yogurt, baking, or any food and beverage. Made from freeze-dried organic blueberries, this powder contains no preservatives.
How to Enjoy Blueberry Powder
There are endless uses for organic blueberry powder. The recommended serving is 1-2 tablespoons. Blend freeze-dried blueberry powder with other fruits for a refreshing smoothie. Add some to the batter of muffins or coffee cake for a charming blueberry taste. Blueberry powder also goes nicely swirled in frozen yogurt for a sweet and tart flavor. It can also be mixed with oatmeal, jellies, sauces, and juices. Sprinkle it over pudding and other desserts for a kick of antioxidants.
Health Benefits of Blueberry Powder
1) Antioxidant Powerhouse: According to researchers at the USDA Human Nutrition Center (HNRCA), blueberries rank #1 in antioxidant activity, compared to 40 other fresh fruits and vegetables. Blueberries are loaded with anthocyanins, the powerful antioxidants that give the berries their distinct bluish-purple color. These anthocyanins protect cells from the damaging effects of free radicals, which can lead to chronic conditions like heart disease, stroke, and cancer.
2) Lower Cholesterol Levels: If you have high blood cholesterol, adding blueberry powder to your diet may be helpful. In 2010, the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry published a study that examined the effect of blueberry extract on hamsters that consumed a high-fat diet. The group of hamsters that were given the blueberry extract had lower total and LDL "bad" cholesterol levels than those in the control group.
3) Cardiovascular Health: Blueberry powder can give you a heart-healthy boost! Consuming blueberries may reduce the risk of atherosclerosis, a precursor of heart disease that is characterized by the build-up of plaque in the arteries. A 2010 study published in the Journal of Nutrition found that blueberry-fed mice had less atherosclerotic plaque than the mice that did not receive blueberry supplementation.
4) Bone Health: Blueberries are rich in polyphenols which may protect bones and prevent osteoporosis. A 2010 study published in the Journal of Bone and Mineral Research found that blueberry-fed rats had significantly more bone mass than the control group that did not receive blueberry supplements. This study suggests that the phenolic acids in blueberries may help retain bone mass and reduce the risk of developing osteoporosis.
5) Brain Food: Blueberries may improve short-term memory loss and ameliorate age-related declines in cognitive function. A 2012 study published in Annals of Neurology looked at the effect of blueberry and strawberry consumption in 16,000 participants. The research found that people who consumed the most blueberries and strawberries exhibited less memory deterioration than those who did not eat the berries. In 2010, the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry published research indicating that blueberry consumption improved cognitive function and memory performance in older adults.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Dongjin, Macomb, IL July 23, 2014
Lawrence, South Ozone Park, NY May 29, 2014
“Wonderful in smoothies.”
Andrea, Glenmont, NY May 20, 2014
“Added some Moringa, Goji Berry, Banana, Mango, Papaya and Vanilla Almond Milk, YUMMY.”
Catherine, Bayonne, N J September 17, 2013
“Rec the package today and just loved the box and when I opened the box everything was great The Wild Blueberry powder I'll try for juicing first time and the Energy Squares were so great I thought I would just taste one but I went back 3 more times Yum Yum and Thank you so much for adding a little surprise You will be hearing from me again God Bless and keep up the good work Cathy”
desiree , talbott, tn April 24, 2013
“Love, love, love all of your products from chia seeds- cacao- hemp-blueberry-cinnamon powder down to the kale chips and energy squares- Did I mention that I love all your products and the packaging..I am HAPPY,HAPPY - HAPPY-Yep I am.. Thanks for all the care you guys put into making sure we get high quality products... You all truly do stand above the rest.... ”
Gwen, Charlotte, Nc January 31, 2013
“I am so impressed with the service and products I received from Nuts.com. I will definitely order again and soon! ”
Chloe, Royal Oak, Michigan December 3, 2012
“I got the blueberry powder for my mother as a gift. She had a very specific muffin recipe in mind. The package not only arrived a day early but was also high quality and just what she was looking for. She bookmarked your site so i'm sure there will be more purchases in the future.”
stas', denver, co October 29, 2012
“i love the blueberry powder, i have several others i use when making french toast, and the dried blueberries ( if you can find them in the stores are totally expensive for what you get (6 oz for 10.00$) i will be ordering all my dried fruit and powders from you from now on. ”
Craig, Canton, Michigan June 8, 2012
“I would like too say, I enjoy all the Items that I order. Doing for four years, keep up the good work nut buddies.”
Cynthia, Baltimore, Maryland March 13, 2012
“I just received my order and made a smoothie with the Acai, Wild Blueberry, Gogi, Strawberry,and Matcha Green Tea powder..........AMAZING! and DELICIOUS!
This is a perfect way to get healthy and a great and natural energy boost! I set up everything i purchased on my counter next the blender for my very own superfood smoothie station!”
Showing 1-10 of 20
VIKKI, WESTHAMPTON BEACH, NY September 19, 2014
“Ok, to be painfully honest...this is the first time I have ever purchased this product, but I am sure it will work well in my morning smoothies! Stay tuned....”
Serving Size 50g (~1.8 oz.)
(Approx. 9.1 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Organic blueberries, silicon dioxide.
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Store at room temperature for up to 1 year.
Country of Origin: United States