Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Wild Blueberry Powder (Raw)
All natural raw organic wild blueberry powder is loaded with antioxidants, vitamins and nutrients. Use in smoothies, beverages, yogurt, baking, or any food and beverage. Made from freeze-dried organic blueberries, this powder contains no preservatives.
How to Enjoy Blueberry Powder
There are endless uses for organic blueberry powder. The recommended serving is 1-2 tablespoons. Blend freeze-dried blueberry powder with other fruits for a refreshing smoothie. Add some to the batter of muffins or coffee cake for a charming blueberry taste. Blueberry powder also goes nicely swirled in frozen yogurt for a sweet and tart flavor. It can also be mixed with oatmeal, jellies, sauces, and juices. Sprinkle it over pudding and other desserts for a kick of antioxidants.
Health Benefits of Blueberry Powder
1) Antioxidant Powerhouse: According to researchers at the USDA Human Nutrition Center (HNRCA), blueberries rank #1 in antioxidant activity, compared to 40 other fresh fruits and vegetables. Blueberries are loaded with anthocyanins, the powerful antioxidants that give the berries their distinct bluish-purple color. These anthocyanins protect cells from the damaging effects of free radicals, which can lead to chronic conditions like heart disease, stroke, and cancer.
2) Lower Cholesterol Levels: If you have high blood cholesterol, adding blueberry powder to your diet may be helpful. In 2010, the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry published a study that examined the effect of blueberry extract on hamsters that consumed a high-fat diet. The group of hamsters that were given the blueberry extract had lower total and LDL "bad" cholesterol levels than those in the control group.
3) Cardiovascular Health: Blueberry powder can give you a heart-healthy boost! Consuming blueberries may reduce the risk of atherosclerosis, a precursor of heart disease that is characterized by the build-up of plaque in the arteries. A 2010 study published in the Journal of Nutrition found that blueberry-fed mice had less atherosclerotic plaque than the mice that did not receive blueberry supplementation.
4) Bone Health: Blueberries are rich in polyphenols which may protect bones and prevent osteoporosis. A 2010 study published in the Journal of Bone and Mineral Research found that blueberry-fed rats had significantly more bone mass than the control group that did not receive blueberry supplements. This study suggests that the phenolic acids in blueberries may help retain bone mass and reduce the risk of developing osteoporosis.
5) Brain Food: Blueberries may improve short-term memory loss and ameliorate age-related declines in cognitive function. A 2012 study published in Annals of Neurology looked at the effect of blueberry and strawberry consumption in 16,000 participants. The research found that people who consumed the most blueberries and strawberries exhibited less memory deterioration than those who did not eat the berries. In 2010, the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry published research indicating that blueberry consumption improved cognitive function and memory performance in older adults.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
desiree , talbott, tn April 24, 2013
“Love, love, love all of your products from chia seeds- cacao- hemp-blueberry-cinnamon powder down to the kale chips and energy squares- Did I mention that I love all your products and the packaging..I am HAPPY,HAPPY - HAPPY-Yep I am.. Thanks for all the care you guys put into making sure we get high quality products... You all truly do stand above the rest.... ”
Gwen, Charlotte, Nc January 31, 2013
“I am so impressed with the service and products I received from Nuts.com. I will definitely order again and soon! ”
Chloe, Royal Oak, Michigan December 3, 2012
“I got the blueberry powder for my mother as a gift. She had a very specific muffin recipe in mind. The package not only arrived a day early but was also high quality and just what she was looking for. She bookmarked your site so i'm sure there will be more purchases in the future.”
stas', denver, co October 29, 2012
“i love the blueberry powder, i have several others i use when making french toast, and the dried blueberries ( if you can find them in the stores are totally expensive for what you get (6 oz for 10.00$) i will be ordering all my dried fruit and powders from you from now on. ”
Craig, Canton, Michigan June 8, 2012
“I would like too say, I enjoy all the Items that I order. Doing for four years, keep up the good work nut buddies.”
Cynthia, Baltimore, Maryland March 13, 2012
“I just received my order and made a smoothie with the Acai, Wild Blueberry, Gogi, Strawberry,and Matcha Green Tea powder..........AMAZING! and DELICIOUS!
This is a perfect way to get healthy and a great and natural energy boost! I set up everything i purchased on my counter next the blender for my very own superfood smoothie station!”
Judy , Staten Island, NY February 29, 2012
“Fabulously Fast, Fabulously Fresh!!!! You guys are Nuts, but in a very tasty way. My order came lightspeedinly faster than expected. Really appreciated having the items in sturdy ziplocked bags. I ordered dried Gogi berries which I soak for 1-2 minutes to plump up before putting into my cereal or pancake batter, raw organic blueberry powder which I am using in my meringue recipe, and I also tried a sample of cacao nibs which I am still not sure what to do with. Having the opportunity to purchase sample sizes of some items is a great way to experiment with something you would ordinarily not want to purchase. So all in all, Extremely Pleased. You have made a true believer out of me and I love the fact that you are a family business! Congrats on the new baby too! Thanks.”
SOO JEONG HONG, ASTORIA, New York July 7, 2011
“Thank you for the free sample of dried strawberries.
It's soooooo sweet of you!
I ordered dried blueberries and blueberry powder for my mom and received yesterday.
My mom loves all of them. ”
Mary, Columbus, Georgia April 27, 2011
“My fruit powders arrived! I immediately sprinkled plain yogurt with the Wild Blueberry, Strawberry and VitaCherry then proceeded to make a pig of myself. I can tell that I will be placing many future orders. Thanks. Oink- oink.”
Bob April 8, 2011
“Not only are the products delicious but the orders are well packaged and always arrive before I expect. What I ordered yesterday morning arrived this afternoon in Rhode Island. Great products and service. Keep up the good work and you will have a customer for life.”
Showing 1-10 of 16
Catherine, Bayonne, N J September 17, 2013
“Rec the package today and just loved the box and when I opened the box everything was great The Wild Blueberry powder I'll try for juicing first time and the Energy Squares were so great I thought I would just taste one but I went back 3 more times Yum Yum and Thank you so much for adding a little surprise You will be hearing from me again God Bless and keep up the good work Cathy”
Serving Size 50g (~1.8 oz.)
(Approx. 9.1 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Organic blueberries, silicon dioxide.
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Store at room temperature for up to 1 year.
Country of Origin: United States