Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Wanting to add something extremely healthy to your diet regimen? Then brown flax seeds in the shell are the way to go! To get the most health benefits out of the flax seeds, we recommend grinding them.
Store flax seed in an airtight container that does not permit light to pass through the container. Store in a cool, dark, dry location away from heat. Flax seed will last several months if properly stored. Our flax seeds are non-GMO.
2. The omega-3 fat and high fiber in flax may play a role in the fight against diabetes. In a study conducted by the University of Toronto, participants who ate flaxseed bread had blood sugar levels 28% lower an hour after eating than their counterparts who ate bread made with wheat flour.
3. Flaxseed has up to 800 times the amount of lignans as any plant food tested to date. Lignans (a phytoestrogen) are natural compounds that may offer cancer protection (H. Adlercreutz, “Phytoestrogens: Epidemiology and a Possible Role in Cancer Protection”). Flax seed is also high in alpha linolenic acid (ALA), which has been found to be promising as a cancer fighting agent. The American National Cancer Institute has singled out flax seed as one of six foods that deserve special study.
4. Flax is high in both soluble and insoluble fiber. One ounce of flax provides 32% of the USDA’s reference daily intake of fiber. It’s all natural fiber promotes bowel movements by helping to soften the stool, and thereby allowing it to pass through the colon quickly. Epidemiological studies have shown that increasing the amount of fiber in your diet reduces your colon-cancer risk. When adding fiber to your diet, it is important to make sure that you are drinking at least eight glasses of water daily.
5. Flax is high in Omega-3 essential fatty acids. Health experts, such as former Surgeon General C. Evertt Koop, recommend eating foods high in Omega-3’s for people suffering from rheumatoid arthritis: the painful inflammation within the joints. The January 1996 issue of the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition reported that the participants in a study that took flax oil daily reduced inflammatory responses by as much as 30%.
6. Heart disease, the number one killer in America, is exacerbated by an unhealthy lifestyle. Flax has been found to help reduce total cholesterol, LDL levels (the bad cholesterol), and triglycerides. Flax helps to reduce clotting time and thereby reduces the chance for heart attacks and strokes. Regular intake of flax protects against arrhythmias and helps keep the arteries clear and pliable.
7. Is it possible to protect ourselves from the germs that we’re exposed to on a daily basis? Research has found that eating flax daily enhances immunity, the body’s ability to defend itself successfully against bacteria and viruses. Two components of flax, lignans and ALA (alpha-linolenic acid), have been found to affect immune cells and compounds that control immune reaction.
8. Ward off the blues. Preliminary research suggests that eating a diet rich in flax could reduce your risk of atypical depression. Flax, says Udo Erasmus, PhD, has a mood boosting ingredient: docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) that is essential for the proper function of brain cells, yet up to 85% of women aren’t getting enough of it. Early research notes that a diet rich in omega-3 fatty acids may be important for brain development, and may help decrease the risk of Alzheimer’s. Flax is the richest source of Omega 3’s in the plant kingdom.
9. Hot flashes, night sweats, irritability, moodiness-ah, the joys of menopause. Can flax really help? Yes! Flax, like soy, is a phytoestrogen. Flax is the richest known plant source of phytoestrogens, estrogen-like substances that are found in plants. Phytoestrogens act as a natural hormone therapy and help to stabilize hormonal levels. This stabilization of hormonal levels helps to lessen the symptoms of menopause.
10. Flaxseeds contain 40% oil, most of which are the crucial omega-3 essential fatty acids (EFAs) that our bodies need. The combination of EFAs and fiber in flax helps to promote normal cholesterol levels.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
JP, Nashviulle, TN February 5, 2012
“The delivery was even faster than last time. Really amazing! The quality is great as always.”
Julie, Georgia January 13, 2012
“I love this site. I have found hard to find items, like candy corn anytime of the year. I use flaxseed and chia seeds all the time. Everything is always fresh and in resealble packages. Highly recommended by me!”
verena, lahaina, Hawaii May 7, 2011
“super tasty! made some flaxseeds bread and had maca powermilk. sooo good! mahalo for everything and aloha!”
Yana, Clearwater, FL February 19, 2010
“Great Service! VERY QUICK delivery! I was actually surprised to place the order on Wednesday and receive it Friday morning. Flax seeds came in perfect condition: professionally wrapped and fresh. Definitely will buy again! Thank you so very much! ”
Cindy, Natick, MA December 30, 2009
“Wonderfully fast delivery, everything packaged securely, already tried the sunflower seeds and flax seed, made a bread recipe posted on your website which was delicious. Thanks for great service.”
Thomas, DOUGLAS, AZ June 23, 2009
“My order arrived on time in good shape.
Nice packaging and good clean product.”
Gordon, Glenmora, LA September 4, 2005
“Fast shipping! Fantastic nut meats!
The flax was very fresh!!!
Will buy again--you have a new perm. buyer!
Showing 11-20 of 18
Michael, North Augusta, SC August 15, 2013
“As usual, your delivery and quality, simply and substantially, stand head and shoulders above all the rest. I look no where else for my quinoa, flax seed, etc. Your business rocks. Thank you again!!!! And again!!!!”
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||99|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Refrigeration is not needed.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|