Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Wanting to add something extremely healthy to your diet regimen? Then brown flax seeds in the shell are the way to go! To get the most health benefits out of the flax seeds, we recommend grinding them.
Store flax seed in an airtight container that does not permit light to pass through the container. Store in a cool, dark, dry location away from heat. Flax seed will last several months if properly stored. Our flax seeds are non-GMO.
2. The omega-3 fat and high fiber in flax may play a role in the fight against diabetes. In a study conducted by the University of Toronto, participants who ate flaxseed bread had blood sugar levels 28% lower an hour after eating than their counterparts who ate bread made with wheat flour.
3. Flaxseed has up to 800 times the amount of lignans as any plant food tested to date. Lignans (a phytoestrogen) are natural compounds that may offer cancer protection (H. Adlercreutz, “Phytoestrogens: Epidemiology and a Possible Role in Cancer Protection”). Flax seed is also high in alpha linolenic acid (ALA), which has been found to be promising as a cancer fighting agent. The American National Cancer Institute has singled out flax seed as one of six foods that deserve special study.
4. Flax is high in both soluble and insoluble fiber. One ounce of flax provides 32% of the USDA’s reference daily intake of fiber. It’s all natural fiber promotes bowel movements by helping to soften the stool, and thereby allowing it to pass through the colon quickly. Epidemiological studies have shown that increasing the amount of fiber in your diet reduces your colon-cancer risk. When adding fiber to your diet, it is important to make sure that you are drinking at least eight glasses of water daily.
5. Flax is high in Omega-3 essential fatty acids. Health experts, such as former Surgeon General C. Evertt Koop, recommend eating foods high in Omega-3’s for people suffering from rheumatoid arthritis: the painful inflammation within the joints. The January 1996 issue of the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition reported that the participants in a study that took flax oil daily reduced inflammatory responses by as much as 30%.
6. Heart disease, the number one killer in America, is exacerbated by an unhealthy lifestyle. Flax has been found to help reduce total cholesterol, LDL levels (the bad cholesterol), and triglycerides. Flax helps to reduce clotting time and thereby reduces the chance for heart attacks and strokes. Regular intake of flax protects against arrhythmias and helps keep the arteries clear and pliable.
7. Is it possible to protect ourselves from the germs that we’re exposed to on a daily basis? Research has found that eating flax daily enhances immunity, the body’s ability to defend itself successfully against bacteria and viruses. Two components of flax, lignans and ALA (alpha-linolenic acid), have been found to affect immune cells and compounds that control immune reaction.
8. Ward off the blues. Preliminary research suggests that eating a diet rich in flax could reduce your risk of atypical depression. Flax, says Udo Erasmus, PhD, has a mood boosting ingredient: docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) that is essential for the proper function of brain cells, yet up to 85% of women aren’t getting enough of it. Early research notes that a diet rich in omega-3 fatty acids may be important for brain development, and may help decrease the risk of Alzheimer’s. Flax is the richest source of Omega 3’s in the plant kingdom.
9. Hot flashes, night sweats, irritability, moodiness-ah, the joys of menopause. Can flax really help? Yes! Flax, like soy, is a phytoestrogen. Flax is the richest known plant source of phytoestrogens, estrogen-like substances that are found in plants. Phytoestrogens act as a natural hormone therapy and help to stabilize hormonal levels. This stabilization of hormonal levels helps to lessen the symptoms of menopause.
10. Flaxseeds contain 40% oil, most of which are the crucial omega-3 essential fatty acids (EFAs) that our bodies need. The combination of EFAs and fiber in flax helps to promote normal cholesterol levels.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Maurice, WALNUT PARK, CA August 22, 2014
“Oh, and thanks for the sample pack of Chia seeds. Gotta have my Chia! lol”
Nicole, Ooltewah, TN July 23, 2014
“These are great!! I love them in my yogurt!”
Barry, Meridian, ID June 4, 2014
“great in salads”
Michael, North Augusta, SC August 15, 2013
“As usual, your delivery and quality, simply and substantially, stand head and shoulders above all the rest. I look no where else for my quinoa, flax seed, etc. Your business rocks. Thank you again!!!! And again!!!!”
Sean, Muncie, Indiana June 27, 2013
“Such a great product, with wonderful prices. The fact that shipping happens so quickly is a bonus! I plan on ordering all of my seed/nut needs from here in the future!
Alfred, Holly Springs, Ms May 3, 2013
“Wow Wow Wow, Man, I can not believe the speed of the arrival of my Hemp seed and the Flax seed and I Love the resealable bags you now use, also the Goji berries sample. You guys are Great and give the BEST service. Was not looking for this order for two more days. Luv ya'll, Soon. ”
Rosa, Dania, Fl March 1, 2013
“Oh my god, the package is so cute, and the box too, and the quality the best, thank you”
Dawn, Romeo, Mi February 13, 2013
“Prompt delivery...LOVE LOVE LOVE THE PACKAGING!!! I OWN MY OWN BUSINESS AND LOVE THE SMARTNESS OF YOUR PRODUCT. THANK YOU ALL THE BEST
Janet, Austin, Te January 17, 2013
“OK. I succumb. I'm nutty about nuts.com. I just wanted to order 10 bags of whole flax seeds for this crazy diet I'm on, and nuts.com sends me a bag of free goji berries and this cute packing slip with their cute nut people.... Somehow I feel like family....I'll definitely order again. The prices are cheaper than Whole Foods, even when you add in the shipping.”
Deidre, kinston, North Carolina January 7, 2013
“This site is amazing! I got a nutribullet for Christmas and some of the ingredients are difficult or very expensive around my area and can only be found at health food stores..nuts.com had every ingredient nutribullet recommends at a very good price. I made my order during the holiday and it was delivered in 3 days (I'm sure the holidays slowed it down) I was amazed how fast delivery was even during the holidays! Thanks you guys for the free sample as well I will be using Nuts.com for reorders and other orders as well and highly recommend this site to anyone! Thank you for being in business!! ”
Showing 1-10 of 22
Laurie, Woodruff, SC September 3, 2014
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||99|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Refrigeration is not needed.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|