Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Spirulina is a type of blue-green algae found in most lakes and ponds. Our Organic Spirulina is grown in a series of man-made outdoor pools that are closely supervised. Spirulina is a superfood naturally loaded with vitamins A through E, iron, potassium, calcium, and antioxidants. It is considered a complete protein, containing an ideal balance of all 9 essential amino acids. Our Organic Spirulina Powder is non-GMO.
Health Benefits of Organic Spirulina
1) Protein Powerhouse: Organic spirulina powder contains all 9 essential amino acids, making it a complete protein. A one-ounce serving of spirulina contains over 30% of the Daily Value (DV) for protein. Spirulina's protein is 85-95% digestible, a higher percentage than that of even red meat or soy.
2) Antioxidant Boost: Spirulina's antioxidant concentration is four times that of blueberries. Spirulina has an Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) of over 24,000 - ORAC measures the antioxidant concentration of foods. Antioxidants protect our cells from the damaging oxidative effects of free radicals.
3) Abundance of Minerals: From calcium to potassium to zinc, organic spirulina powder boasts a wide range of minerals. The essential amino acids present in spirulina play a key role in helping our bodies to efficiently use these minerals.
4) Heart Health: A 2007 published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry examined spirulina consumption in the diet of rats and found that the rats were less likely to develop atherosclerosis, a condition associated with the build-up of plaque inside arteries.
5) Lower Diabetes Risk: Spirulina may help manage blood glucose levels in diabetic patients. A 2001 study published in the Journal of Medicinal Food found that patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus who consumed spirulina experienced lower blood glucose levels and cholesterol levels than the control group.
Taste and Uses of Spirulina
Organic spirulina has a smoky seaweed taste that will blend right in with some of your favorite everyday foods. It only takes one to two teaspoons of spirulina to enrich your diet with an excellent source of protein, vitamins, and minerals. Blend spirulina with other fruits and veggies to make a healthy juice or smoothie. Combine it with avocados for a tasty guacamole dip, mix it into a salad dressing, or sprinkle it on foods for a boost of nutrients. The possibilities are endless when it comes to bestowing your meal with superpowers!
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Justin, Big Bear City, California August 18, 2012
“Delivered on time. Been using Chlorella and Spirulina for a few months now and so far this has got to be the best quality stuff i have found. Thanks for the crystalised ginger sample stuff is strong :-)”
Karl, Lake worth, FL August 1, 2012
“Thank you Nuts folks out there. My package came as scheduled, and that made me happy. You kept your word; and by the way my wife and I enjoyed the little treats. Product pricing was great; we are saving about 75% with Nutty folks like yourselves. Thank you again.”
Sandra, Los Angeles, CA July 14, 2012
“Hello Nuts Family,
My order arrived on time and the packaging was excellent. Thanks for the free sample of Turkish pistachios, they were delicious! I am ordering more of the organic spirulina and chlorella powder. Your prices are the best!! Thank You!
william July 9, 2012
“your store is great. i ordered spirulina. the 2 day shipping is great and you are wondeful people to do business with. you also sent a sample of cacao energy squares that are so good. i just placed another order with your wonderful company. ”
Jesse, Basalt, CO July 1, 2012
“I ordered spirulina, chlorella, and wheatgrass (organic) and Im extremely satisfied!!! I was so pleased with the products I recommended it to family and friends! And the prices are great! ”
LARISA June 29, 2012
“This was my first order with your company. Thank you for the prompt service. I am enjoying my spirulina. It is so fresh. Thank you!! ”
Ryan, Zeeland, MI June 27, 2012
“My first order with Nuts.com was a pound of organic spirulina. Shipping was really fast, the communication was excellent, the price was exceptional, and the product was high quality... a perfect experience. There was even a small freeby in the box. nuts.com is now saved in my favorites and I'll be ordering from them again soon. Thanks!”
Javaria June 21, 2012
“It was an excellent product and great service! I received my product within 2 days and the sample was very generous. I'm looking forward to trying out your other products.”
chance, kansas city, mo June 13, 2012
“you have a new customer and thank you
for the spirulina!!
Kathy, Florida June 8, 2012
“Nuts.com is the best. I placed my order for Maca and Spirulina powder on Tuesday and received it on Thursday. That's what you call fast delivered service. My niece referred me to Nuts.com, and trust I don't regret it. Can't wait to taste the Maca powder and placing my next order soon.”
Showing 81-90 of 182
Marcella, Round Rock, TX October 15, 2014
“Great product! Very pleased!! Thank you!!! :)”
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||19|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. It is ok to refrigerate.
Country of Origin: China
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|