Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Spirulina is a type of blue-green algae found in most lakes and ponds. Our Organic Spirulina is grown in a series of man-made outdoor pools that are closely supervised. Spirulina is a superfood naturally loaded with vitamins A through E, iron, potassium, calcium, and antioxidants. It is considered a complete protein, containing an ideal balance of all 9 essential amino acids. Our Organic Spirulina Powder is non-GMO.
Health Benefits of Organic Spirulina
1) Protein Powerhouse: Organic spirulina powder contains all 9 essential amino acids, making it a complete protein. A one-ounce serving of spirulina contains over 30% of the Daily Value (DV) for protein. Spirulina's protein is 85-95% digestible, a higher percentage than that of even red meat or soy.
2) Antioxidant Boost: Spirulina's antioxidant concentration is four times that of blueberries. Spirulina has an Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) of over 24,000 - ORAC measures the antioxidant concentration of foods. Antioxidants protect our cells from the damaging oxidative effects of free radicals.
3) Abundance of Minerals: From calcium to potassium to zinc, organic spirulina powder boasts a wide range of minerals. The essential amino acids present in spirulina play a key role in helping our bodies to efficiently use these minerals.
4) Heart Health: A 2007 published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry examined spirulina consumption in the diet of rats and found that the rats were less likely to develop atherosclerosis, a condition associated with the build-up of plaque inside arteries.
5) Lower Diabetes Risk: Spirulina may help manage blood glucose levels in diabetic patients. A 2001 study published in the Journal of Medicinal Food found that patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus who consumed spirulina experienced lower blood glucose levels and cholesterol levels than the control group.
Taste and Uses of Spirulina
Organic spirulina has a smoky seaweed taste that will blend right in with some of your favorite everyday foods. It only takes one to two teaspoons of spirulina to enrich your diet with an excellent source of protein, vitamins, and minerals. Blend spirulina with other fruits and veggies to make a healthy juice or smoothie. Combine it with avocados for a tasty guacamole dip, mix it into a salad dressing, or sprinkle it on foods for a boost of nutrients. The possibilities are endless when it comes to bestowing your meal with superpowers!
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Kathy, Florida June 8, 2012
“Nuts.com is the best. I placed my order for Maca and Spirulina powder on Tuesday and received it on Thursday. That's what you call fast delivered service. My niece referred me to Nuts.com, and trust I don't regret it. Can't wait to taste the Maca powder and placing my next order soon.”
Stacie, Cincinnati, Ohio May 4, 2012
“Great service fast shipping. Far exceeded my expectations. Way to go Nuts.com!!”
Evelyn, Los Angeles, California April 19, 2012
“Great products! Arrived today 4/19/12, on time as previously stated. I ordered Wheatgrass Powder, Organic Hemp Protein, Spirulina and Chlorella Powders. Love prices and quality. Thanks”
Lisa, La Mesa, CA April 12, 2012
“Made a smoothie and added my new Maca and Spirulina powders and it was yummy!! Can't wait to try the Wheatgrass and Hemp tomorrow”
Laurile, Carthage, NY April 11, 2012
“I am very happy with my recent purchase!! The items were delivered when they were supposed to be. The quality is exactly what I was looking for & I will definitely order again!!!”
Mark, LaVeta, CO April 4, 2012
“I really appreciate the communication after the order and fast shipping. Thanks guys, I love your Spirulina. Mark”
Carly , Dekalb, Il March 12, 2012
“Everything came sooo quickly! I was sooo excited to try the new items I'm adding to my lifestyle. Chia seeds, cacao nibs, and spirulina! Superfoods! My friends always want me to make them my green shakes now when they come over! Huge hit thanks to my nuts.com items! ”
Jose M Garcia, Chicago, IL March 5, 2012
“I receive my organic Spirulina powder on 3/3/2012 and it was awesome. Fast shipping!! Highly recommended go nuts.com”
John, College Station, Texas March 4, 2012
“This is my first order (5 lb organic spirulina) from nuts.com. As most others have mentioned, the shipping time was great. The spirulina tastes fresh and I am happy with my order. Since this was my test order, I used it to decide whether or not I will continue to order from nuts.com...I am definitely planning on continuing to buy products from them. Thanks :-)”
Gina, ridgefield, ct February 8, 2012
“Once again...WOW!!! I ordered all my favorites which includes raw cacao powder, goji berry powder, spirulina powder, and red maca powder. My new favorites are the energy squares! I ordered more of the raw cacao goji berry ones and this time tried the organic carob super green and organic chia energy squares! They are all high quality and delicious to the last bite! I'm an on the go stay at home mom and those little squares sure do come in handy for afternoon snacking! Of course I love that I ordered on Monday and received my box of goodies on Tuesday! Thanks for awesome products and fast service!”
Showing 81-90 of 173
Sara, Gilbert, AZ August 30, 2014
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||19|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. It is ok to refrigerate.
Country of Origin: China
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|