Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Spirulina is a type of blue-green algae found in most lakes and ponds. Our Organic Spirulina is grown in a series of man-made outdoor pools that are closely supervised. Spirulina is a superfood naturally loaded with vitamins A through E, iron, potassium, calcium, and antioxidants. It is considered a complete protein, containing an ideal balance of all 9 essential amino acids. Our Organic Spirulina Powder is non-GMO.
Health Benefits of Organic Spirulina
1) Protein Powerhouse: Organic spirulina powder contains all 9 essential amino acids, making it a complete protein. A one-ounce serving of spirulina contains over 30% of the Daily Value (DV) for protein. Spirulina's protein is 85-95% digestible, a higher percentage than that of even red meat or soy.
2) Antioxidant Boost: Spirulina's antioxidant concentration is four times that of blueberries. Spirulina has an Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) of over 24,000 - ORAC measures the antioxidant concentration of foods. Antioxidants protect our cells from the damaging oxidative effects of free radicals.
3) Abundance of Minerals: From calcium to potassium to zinc, organic spirulina powder boasts a wide range of minerals. The essential amino acids present in spirulina play a key role in helping our bodies to efficiently use these minerals.
4) Heart Health: A 2007 published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry examined spirulina consumption in the diet of rats and found that the rats were less likely to develop atherosclerosis, a condition associated with the build-up of plaque inside arteries.
5) Lower Diabetes Risk: Spirulina may help manage blood glucose levels in diabetic patients. A 2001 study published in the Journal of Medicinal Food found that patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus who consumed spirulina experienced lower blood glucose levels and cholesterol levels than the control group.
Taste and Uses of SpirulinaOrganic spirulina has a smoky seaweed taste that will blend right in with some of your favorite everyday foods. It only takes one to two teaspoons of spirulina to enrich your diet with an excellent source of protein, vitamins, and minerals. Blend spirulina with other fruits and veggies to make a healthy juice or smoothie. Combine it with avocados for a tasty guacamole dip, mix it into a salad dressing, or sprinkle it on foods for a boost of nutrients. The possibilities are endless when it comes to bestowing your meal with superpowers!
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Jose M Garcia, Chicago, IL March 5, 2012
“I receive my organic Spirulina powder on 3/3/2012 and it was awesome. Fast shipping!! Highly recommended go nuts.com”
John, College Station, Texas March 4, 2012
“This is my first order (5 lb organic spirulina) from nuts.com. As most others have mentioned, the shipping time was great. The spirulina tastes fresh and I am happy with my order. Since this was my test order, I used it to decide whether or not I will continue to order from nuts.com...I am definitely planning on continuing to buy products from them. Thanks :-)”
Gina, ridgefield, ct February 8, 2012
“Once again...WOW!!! I ordered all my favorites which includes raw cacao powder, goji berry powder, spirulina powder, and red maca powder. My new favorites are the energy squares! I ordered more of the raw cacao goji berry ones and this time tried the organic carob super green and organic chia energy squares! They are all high quality and delicious to the last bite! I'm an on the go stay at home mom and those little squares sure do come in handy for afternoon snacking! Of course I love that I ordered on Monday and received my box of goodies on Tuesday! Thanks for awesome products and fast service!”
Matthew February 3, 2012
“I've tried a couple of different spirulinas; I really like this one. The way I feel, you may as well get the powder, and use a substantial amount, instead of capsules or tablets. Here's a little recipe for a drink I concocted that you can try (much better than it sounds!): 6 to 8 ounces of freshly-brewed green tea; 1 teaspoon of curry powder; 1 teaspoon of spirulina. A real power cocktail!”
Frank, West islip, Ny January 6, 2012
“Amazing selection, good prices and amazingly fast delivery what more could you ask for ... Can't wait to shop here again”
Lise, Maine December 28, 2011
“Excellent service, very good products, thanks!”
Sherry, Marquette, MI December 11, 2011
“Thank you for supplying organic raw cacoa beans, goji berries and spirulina - all superfoods to keep the body healthy. I use them in morning fruit smoothies and afternoon salads. It's a very tasty way to give the body what it needs. Much obliged. Your service is terrific!”
Thelma V Gonzalez, Harlingen, Texas December 8, 2011
“All the products I've order have been of the best quality,Just tried the Red Maca, Spirulina and Chlorella in my smoothie this morning and it was Great! Thank you for the prompt delivery!! Will reorder soon. :)”
Samuel, Uppermarlboro, MD December 6, 2011
“Your staff is very professional! I have placed two orders with your company so far which were,A very pure Cocoa Butter & also today I received 3lbs of Spirulina.And in each case my order was delivered the very next day! You all seem to make sure that I am satisfied.Your up beat attitudes & professionalism goes a long,long way! Thank you.”
Lydia, Arlington, TX November 17, 2011
“Order arrived quickly and well packaged. Thanks for including the sample. I just made my first spirulina green shake. Thanks!”
Showing 71-80 of 156
Carrol, Brazil, IN March 7, 2014
“I am a 50 year old, female nutritarian, I eat plant based, whole foods that follows the Forks Over Knives philosophy. I am also a Spartan Racer and I use spirulina in my home juiced recovery drink. With the kale, ginger, lemon, green apple, celery, carrots, and cucumber (Joe Cross basic recipe with carrots), I add organic spirulina and organic super greens powder to enable my body to recover the vitamins, minerals, and protein it has used to grow stronger. Because it is not grown in the ocean, I have no fear of the radiation contamination coming from Japan or other dangers. What a great and healthy way to love my body back to good health. And, my doctor loves that I use spirulina as part of my fresh food diet.”
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||19|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. We do not recommend refrigeration or freezing.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|