Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Spirulina is a type of blue-green algae found in most lakes and ponds. Our Organic Spirulina is grown in a series of man-made outdoor pools that are closely supervised. Spirulina is a superfood naturally loaded with vitamins A through E, iron, potassium, calcium, and antioxidants. It is considered a complete protein, containing an ideal balance of all 9 essential amino acids. Our Organic Spirulina Powder is non-GMO.
Health Benefits of Organic Spirulina
1) Protein Powerhouse: Organic spirulina powder contains all 9 essential amino acids, making it a complete protein. A one-ounce serving of spirulina contains over 30% of the Daily Value (DV) for protein. Spirulina's protein is 85-95% digestible, a higher percentage than that of even red meat or soy.
2) Antioxidant Boost: Spirulina's antioxidant concentration is four times that of blueberries. Spirulina has an Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) of over 24,000 - ORAC measures the antioxidant concentration of foods. Antioxidants protect our cells from the damaging oxidative effects of free radicals.
3) Abundance of Minerals: From calcium to potassium to zinc, organic spirulina powder boasts a wide range of minerals. The essential amino acids present in spirulina play a key role in helping our bodies to efficiently use these minerals.
4) Heart Health: A 2007 published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry examined spirulina consumption in the diet of rats and found that the rats were less likely to develop atherosclerosis, a condition associated with the build-up of plaque inside arteries.
5) Lower Diabetes Risk: Spirulina may help manage blood glucose levels in diabetic patients. A 2001 study published in the Journal of Medicinal Food found that patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus who consumed spirulina experienced lower blood glucose levels and cholesterol levels than the control group.
Taste and Uses of Spirulina
Organic spirulina has a smoky seaweed taste that will blend right in with some of your favorite everyday foods. It only takes one to two teaspoons of spirulina to enrich your diet with an excellent source of protein, vitamins, and minerals. Blend spirulina with other fruits and veggies to make a healthy juice or smoothie. Combine it with avocados for a tasty guacamole dip, mix it into a salad dressing, or sprinkle it on foods for a boost of nutrients. The possibilities are endless when it comes to bestowing your meal with superpowers!
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Jeanne, Brockport, NY March 6, 2013
“I am really amazed, today is Wednesday I ordered Monday and I found my order at my door step. I have not had a chance to try everything yet.
I have tried the Organic trail mix and have made my Protein and Green shake with the Organic Spirulina and Chlorella and Almond Beverage. Totally Yummy. Any who, thanks so much! Jeanne”
Colleen, Mankato, MN March 1, 2013
“I got my order within the expected time frame. I'm so excited to supplement my smoothies and juiced fruits and veggies with the spirulina, chia seeds, and acai berry powder. By the way these all came in perfect condition and thank you for the free antioxidant blend sample!! Keep up the great work! ”
roshell, la puente, ca February 21, 2013
“Love love love my spirulina and chlorella powder to my smoothie. So yummy! I will buy it again.”
Melissa, Pooler, Ga February 21, 2013
“I'm so used to packages taking 3 or more days, I usually just forget when I order something for at least 48 hours. I got my package from yall before I even remembered I ordered something!
The boxes are super cute btw. ”
Alexia V, Scottsdale, AZ February 20, 2013
“Just received my order in lightning speed. Thank you very much. I love your products, packaging and customer service. I am telling everyone about your awesome website. I will be a customer for life! Very Happy in Scottsdale thanks to nuts.com.”
Cynthia, Sunnyvale, CA February 13, 2013
“I am NUTS about you! I ordered Organic Spirulina and Chlorella Sunday evening and it was on my doorstep Monday evening! So AWESOME...excellent products. Thank you!”
andrea, Burlington, ON February 13, 2013
“I can't believe how fast the delivery was...even to Canada! I placed my order on Thursday and my package arrived the following Tuesday :)
The packaging for the products was great!
The spirulina and wheat grass powder was really inexpensive and the roasted edamame beans and vegan gummy bears were SO great! I (and my dog) loved the sample of the veggie chips!
I will definitely be using nuts.com again :)”
Meshach, Greenwich, CT February 8, 2013
“Thank you guys so much very providing this wonderful service. I love all products you guys carry, and the shipping is always fast. I'll never forget my first order... I ordered some organic chlorella and spirulina and it was here the next day! Including some free goodies! This is a great site and you guys are wonderful people. Just by all the products you guys carry I can assume you guys know what foods to put in your bodies to maintain optimal health. Thanks for everything, much love from me to the Nuts family.”
Desiree, Indiana, PA February 7, 2013
“I am really impressed overall with Nuts.com. A friend recommended the Hemp Protein and Spirulina to me. I found this site which has high quality foods and protein powders to choose from. I Love the samples included too! It's a nice touch that you don't get ordering elsewhere. I highly recommend Nuts.com for their quality and variety of goods most folks don't have the luxury of buying at a fair price. Thanks a lot!”
Jamkongrz, New Haven, CT February 2, 2013
“with good reason in organic sense, I just received some of the Spirulina that's farmed oraganic methods, lifes good.”
Showing 51-60 of 175
Liliana, Los Angeles, CA September 8, 2014
“Very good quality!!!”
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||19|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. It is ok to refrigerate.
Country of Origin: China
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|