Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Spirulina is a type of blue-green algae found in most lakes and ponds. Our Organic Spirulina is grown in a series of man-made outdoor pools that are closely supervised. Spirulina is a superfood naturally loaded with vitamins A through E, iron, potassium, calcium, and antioxidants. It is considered a complete protein, containing an ideal balance of all 9 essential amino acids. Our Organic Spirulina Powder is non-GMO.
Health Benefits of Organic Spirulina
1) Protein Powerhouse: Organic spirulina powder contains all 9 essential amino acids, making it a complete protein. A one-ounce serving of spirulina contains over 30% of the Daily Value (DV) for protein. Spirulina's protein is 85-95% digestible, a higher percentage than that of even red meat or soy.
2) Antioxidant Boost: Spirulina's antioxidant concentration is four times that of blueberries. Spirulina has an Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) of over 24,000 - ORAC measures the antioxidant concentration of foods. Antioxidants protect our cells from the damaging oxidative effects of free radicals.
3) Abundance of Minerals: From calcium to potassium to zinc, organic spirulina powder boasts a wide range of minerals. The essential amino acids present in spirulina play a key role in helping our bodies to efficiently use these minerals.
4) Heart Health: A 2007 published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry examined spirulina consumption in the diet of rats and found that the rats were less likely to develop atherosclerosis, a condition associated with the build-up of plaque inside arteries.
5) Lower Diabetes Risk: Spirulina may help manage blood glucose levels in diabetic patients. A 2001 study published in the Journal of Medicinal Food found that patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus who consumed spirulina experienced lower blood glucose levels and cholesterol levels than the control group.
Taste and Uses of Spirulina
Organic spirulina has a smoky seaweed taste that will blend right in with some of your favorite everyday foods. It only takes one to two teaspoons of spirulina to enrich your diet with an excellent source of protein, vitamins, and minerals. Blend spirulina with other fruits and veggies to make a healthy juice or smoothie. Combine it with avocados for a tasty guacamole dip, mix it into a salad dressing, or sprinkle it on foods for a boost of nutrients. The possibilities are endless when it comes to bestowing your meal with superpowers!
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Andrew, CANAL FULTON, OHIO May 1, 2013
“Just received my shipment of organic chlorella/spirulina a full day in advance! and it even came with a free sample of Organic Golden Flax Seed! The powders and the flax are both beautiful, this stuff screams quality and is very well priced.”
Jonathan, Zelienople, Pa April 22, 2013
“Nuts.com, where do I begin? First, I found exactly what I was looking for at the lowest price out of everywhere I looked (Organic Chlorella and Spirulina). Second, I ordered it on Friday and received it on Monday. Third, they gave me a bonus sample of golden flax seed! I really like the service of these people. And the products are excellent! Thank you very much!”
Donald, Mukilteo, WA April 20, 2013
“After only a couple servings of this organic chlorella and spirulina, I can feel the healing effects already. I've had digestive problems, and the algae immediately relieves and seems to be healing me. I feel finally healthy again. Thank you for an excellent product, you Nuts!”
Jordan, Gresham, OR April 4, 2013
“the spirulina is delicious, thank you for that and for being affordable!”
Mary Ann , Baldwinsville, NY April 3, 2013
“We are so pleased to have found a company with products so good for one's health. I have long heard of the usefulness of spirulina and chlorella and am so glad to finally have found a reputable and affordable source, that being your company. We are enjoying your chia seeds and lupini beans too. They too are a powerhouse of nutrients.
We are so appreciative of your huge line of organic products. You and your company are really an asset to everyone; you are helping us to have healthy choices available at affordable prices and from courteous, thoughtful, dependable people. We are so glad we have you to purchase from regularly. We love your company, products and service!
Liza, Los Angeles, CA March 23, 2013
“I am so grateful for nuts.com! I first ordered organic chlorella and spirulina powder because the price was right compared to other sources. I was so pleased with the quality, the delivery was prompt, and I love the package design! So I ordered again from the dried fruits. I just got my package today and am so excited to try out my dried berries and Easter candy. Thank you so much for your dedication!”
Rocky, Laurel, MD March 19, 2013
“I just wanted to say... Great service! Quick and prompt.
The product I orders are fresh and tasty. Very satisfied.
Thank you... and I will order again.
Kim, Long Island, NY March 16, 2013
“Thought all the other reviews were exaggerating about the shipping time, but I ordered my Organic spirulina around midnight on Thursday, and after work my package was waiting for me at home 5pm on Friday. Was so amazing because I just began my journey with organic juices and making better lifestyle choices, and I didn't have to wait long to use your products. Thank you soo much, Still super motivated!”
Noe, Brookfield, Wisconsin March 14, 2013
“I just got my first order from nuts.com and - ready!!!
"I LOVE IT"
Not only the packaging it's so cute and fun the food and seeds are so GOOD, I am loving this Raw Cacao Goji Energy Squares; and the Spirulina and Chlorella powders are - just perfect.
I was so happy and satisfied with my order that I recommended two friends that ordered from nuts.com
Where is the affiliate program LOL I'm talking so much about this site it has to be related to the awesome Goji Energy Squares...
LOVE and GREAT JOB!
Anastasia, Lake Charles March 11, 2013
i just wanted to say that you are awesome!!! im so excited that i found your website. Im a tennis player and ordered some spirulina, and guarana powders to get me through the season. And you know what? now my whole team is using your products. And btw tofee mixed nuts are incredible. I had to hide it from my boyfriend because he was going to eat it all lol
i could literally write an essay about how happy i am to be your client. Thanks so much guys!”
Showing 41-50 of 175
Liliana, Los Angeles, CA September 8, 2014
“Very good quality!!!”
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||19|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. It is ok to refrigerate.
Country of Origin: China
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|