Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Spirulina is a type of blue-green algae found in most lakes and ponds. Our Organic Spirulina is grown in a series of man-made outdoor pools that are closely supervised. Spirulina is a superfood naturally loaded with vitamins A through E, iron, potassium, calcium, and antioxidants. It is considered a complete protein, containing an ideal balance of all 9 essential amino acids. Our Organic Spirulina Powder is non-GMO.
Health Benefits of Organic Spirulina
1) Protein Powerhouse: Organic spirulina powder contains all 9 essential amino acids, making it a complete protein. A one-ounce serving of spirulina contains over 30% of the Daily Value (DV) for protein. Spirulina's protein is 85-95% digestible, a higher percentage than that of even red meat or soy.
2) Antioxidant Boost: Spirulina's antioxidant concentration is four times that of blueberries. Spirulina has an Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) of over 24,000 - ORAC measures the antioxidant concentration of foods. Antioxidants protect our cells from the damaging oxidative effects of free radicals.
3) Abundance of Minerals: From calcium to potassium to zinc, organic spirulina powder boasts a wide range of minerals. The essential amino acids present in spirulina play a key role in helping our bodies to efficiently use these minerals.
4) Heart Health: A 2007 published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry examined spirulina consumption in the diet of rats and found that the rats were less likely to develop atherosclerosis, a condition associated with the build-up of plaque inside arteries.
5) Lower Diabetes Risk: Spirulina may help manage blood glucose levels in diabetic patients. A 2001 study published in the Journal of Medicinal Food found that patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus who consumed spirulina experienced lower blood glucose levels and cholesterol levels than the control group.
Taste and Uses of SpirulinaOrganic spirulina has a smoky seaweed taste that will blend right in with some of your favorite everyday foods. It only takes one to two teaspoons of spirulina to enrich your diet with an excellent source of protein, vitamins, and minerals. Blend spirulina with other fruits and veggies to make a healthy juice or smoothie. Combine it with avocados for a tasty guacamole dip, mix it into a salad dressing, or sprinkle it on foods for a boost of nutrients. The possibilities are endless when it comes to bestowing your meal with superpowers!
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Margo, Wichita Falls, TEXAS December 23, 2013
“OMG. This is terrific stuff. I starting mixing 1 Tablespoon in soup and felt immediate relief for my reflux. This is my digestive system's best friend. Not to mention my renewed sense of well being.”
Tyler, Bossier City, LA December 3, 2013
“It's great to know all the testimonials on the site were true. It's risky buying products online, but it's where I find what I'm looking for and for the best price. Nuts.com had all I was looking for and then some for great prices. I was excited that I received my order in 2 days just like everyone else was claiming. The products were of great and high quality and boy when they say raw they mean it. They properly took care of cold products too. I have not tried all of my products, but the ones I have are superb. The organic and raw products like Spirulina and Hemp and Mangosteen are the real deal. I am overly joyous from this experience and will be a regular customer. Thank you for your quality products and service!”
Joshua, Bronx, NY November 19, 2013
“The reviews here are all true. The chlorella and spirulina is always great. I also love the almonds that are imported from Spain. My family used to grow almond trees in Spain and the taste reminds me of home. Thank you everyone from Nuts.com!”
Jennifer, Pinole, California October 24, 2013
“You guys are great! Love the boxes (which get delivered promptly). I enjoy feeling like there are actual people (not robots) running this business :)
My organic spirulina is just great, and the falafel mix looks/smells wonderful. (The wheat grass doesn't translate as well, from fresh-squeezed to dried, but it was worth a try...) PS Thanks for the bonus pack o' figs :D”
Edith Eitzen, Corona, ca October 23, 2013
“I love the quality of Nuts.com products. They ship on time and arrive when promised.
I ordered a sample of different things first and after researching after each product is so amazing to find out we found an awesome resource and at this point I received my order on time, yay! Spirulina and Chia which I use every morning in my girls smoothie for breakfast! :)”
Tierney, Middlesex, NJ October 5, 2013
“I placed my order on Thursday evening with regular fedex shipping and when I got home from work on Friday my package was at my house! The return address was just a few towns away but even still I've never had such quick service. The organic spirulina is great and the sea salt is nice and finely ground. I also got a free sample of quinoa :) I will definitely be ordering from nuts.com again”
Sheila, Starkville, MS September 24, 2013
“Your products are Simply Amazing! I received my shipment right on time..I think you guys are WONDERFUL!!”
sef, Binghamton, New York (NY) August 7, 2013
“I received my order within 24 hours of ordering. What a great box my items came in.The packing of the items I purchased are very cool.Thanks for the free gift of berries, they're awesome. The organic Maca, Hemp, Spirulina, Chlorella and Morning powders can't be beat, very high quality, great taste and flavor. You now have a customer for life!
Robinette, Springfield, Illinois August 4, 2013
“Order several items this past year...ordered Spirulina, Chlorella, Chia, Maca and others. The quality of products and speedy delivery deserves an A+ rating. Every one tell the world about Nuts.com what other company gives you the quality and service ? Can't think of one can you....Nut.com is the Best”
Mark, Cheektowaga, NY July 25, 2013
“Great service and prompt delivery. Thanks!”
Showing 11-20 of 157
Melissa, Baltimore, MD March 19, 2014
“I got a sample of spirulina in a package and have since bought three POUNDS of it. I keep giving little samples to other people to try and convert them to spirulina lovers. This stuff is amazing. It doesn't have a strong taste and only 1tsp for breakfast gives me the energy ot two cups of coffee. Try it!”
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||19|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. We do not recommend refrigeration or freezing.
Country of Origin: China
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|