Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Spirulina is a type of blue-green algae found in most lakes and ponds. Our Organic Spirulina is grown in a series of man-made outdoor pools that are closely supervised. Spirulina is a superfood naturally loaded with vitamins A through E, iron, potassium, calcium, and antioxidants. It is considered a complete protein, containing an ideal balance of all 9 essential amino acids. Our Organic Spirulina Powder is non-GMO.
Health Benefits of Organic Spirulina
1) Protein Powerhouse: Organic spirulina powder contains all 9 essential amino acids, making it a complete protein. A one-ounce serving of spirulina contains over 30% of the Daily Value (DV) for protein. Spirulina's protein is 85-95% digestible, a higher percentage than that of even red meat or soy.
2) Antioxidant Boost: Spirulina's antioxidant concentration is four times that of blueberries. Spirulina has an Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) of over 24,000 - ORAC measures the antioxidant concentration of foods. Antioxidants protect our cells from the damaging oxidative effects of free radicals.
3) Abundance of Minerals: From calcium to potassium to zinc, organic spirulina powder boasts a wide range of minerals. The essential amino acids present in spirulina play a key role in helping our bodies to efficiently use these minerals.
4) Heart Health: A 2007 published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry examined spirulina consumption in the diet of rats and found that the rats were less likely to develop atherosclerosis, a condition associated with the build-up of plaque inside arteries.
5) Lower Diabetes Risk: Spirulina may help manage blood glucose levels in diabetic patients. A 2001 study published in the Journal of Medicinal Food found that patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus who consumed spirulina experienced lower blood glucose levels and cholesterol levels than the control group.
Taste and Uses of Spirulina
Organic spirulina has a smoky seaweed taste that will blend right in with some of your favorite everyday foods. It only takes one to two teaspoons of spirulina to enrich your diet with an excellent source of protein, vitamins, and minerals. Blend spirulina with other fruits and veggies to make a healthy juice or smoothie. Combine it with avocados for a tasty guacamole dip, mix it into a salad dressing, or sprinkle it on foods for a boost of nutrients. The possibilities are endless when it comes to bestowing your meal with superpowers!
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
kelly, randolph, ma January 19, 2011
“nuts online consistently has the lowest prices for the highest quality products, and with the super fast shipping i am always very pleased with my experience. ”
Emily, Andover January 18, 2011
“My order arrived on time and in snowstorm, too! FAST delivery. The packaging is so playful "One Yummy Pound." Good prices and organic choices. THANKS for the Organic Quinoa. ”
Mona, Jay, NY January 10, 2011
“Thank you for delivering my wonderful order of yummy cacoa nibs, goji berries, spirulina, & raw mixed nuts! Everything was perfect! I couldn't believe that I had ordered & received in about 24 hours! Wow! Extra thanks for the sample of heaven- the turkish figs! I will be ordering again very soon.”
Geralyn, Tucson, AZ January 7, 2011
“You guys sound like a bunch of nuts! But that's ok. I like a good sense of humor. And I really appreciate your speedy service. And thanks for the free sample.”
Jodi, Fenton, Missouri December 20, 2010
“Thanks for the fast delivery.... Christmas gift from my daughter to her Dad.”
Jamie, La Mirada, CA December 17, 2010
“Everything arrived amazingly. Just as described. Will definitely re-order soon and refer many people! :)”
Anna, Lynchburgh, VA December 8, 2010
“excellent experience, chia seed are great!!! thank you for the goji sample.”
Edwige, las vegas, Nevada December 1, 2010
“This is my second order, and once again I am pleased. The quality is outstanding, and you can't beat the price!”
Doris November 12, 2010
“Totally appreciate your awesome customer service. Package was mailed out and confirmation of shipping emailed to me on same day I placed the order. The order arrived on time and Nuts Online immediately emailed me notification that delivery was confirmed by UPS. AWESOME experience! ”
Paul, Fort Lauderdale, Fl November 8, 2010
“My partner ordered several items.. they arrived very quickly.. love the products, we will be sure to use this site again!!”
Showing 151-160 of 175
Liliana, Los Angeles, CA September 8, 2014
“Very good quality!!!”
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||19|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. It is ok to refrigerate.
Country of Origin: China
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|