Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Spirulina is a type of blue-green algae found in most lakes and ponds. Our Organic Spirulina is grown in a series of man-made outdoor pools that are closely supervised. Spirulina is a superfood naturally loaded with vitamins A through E, iron, potassium, calcium, and antioxidants. It is considered a complete protein, containing an ideal balance of all 9 essential amino acids. Our Organic Spirulina Powder is non-GMO.
Health Benefits of Organic Spirulina
1) Protein Powerhouse: Organic spirulina powder contains all 9 essential amino acids, making it a complete protein. A one-ounce serving of spirulina contains over 30% of the Daily Value (DV) for protein. Spirulina's protein is 85-95% digestible, a higher percentage than that of even red meat or soy.
2) Antioxidant Boost: Spirulina's antioxidant concentration is four times that of blueberries. Spirulina has an Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) of over 24,000 - ORAC measures the antioxidant concentration of foods. Antioxidants protect our cells from the damaging oxidative effects of free radicals.
3) Abundance of Minerals: From calcium to potassium to zinc, organic spirulina powder boasts a wide range of minerals. The essential amino acids present in spirulina play a key role in helping our bodies to efficiently use these minerals.
4) Heart Health: A 2007 published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry examined spirulina consumption in the diet of rats and found that the rats were less likely to develop atherosclerosis, a condition associated with the build-up of plaque inside arteries.
5) Lower Diabetes Risk: Spirulina may help manage blood glucose levels in diabetic patients. A 2001 study published in the Journal of Medicinal Food found that patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus who consumed spirulina experienced lower blood glucose levels and cholesterol levels than the control group.
Taste and Uses of SpirulinaOrganic spirulina has a smoky seaweed taste that will blend right in with some of your favorite everyday foods. It only takes one to two teaspoons of spirulina to enrich your diet with an excellent source of protein, vitamins, and minerals. Blend spirulina with other fruits and veggies to make a healthy juice or smoothie. Combine it with avocados for a tasty guacamole dip, mix it into a salad dressing, or sprinkle it on foods for a boost of nutrients. The possibilities are endless when it comes to bestowing your meal with superpowers!
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Janet July 15, 2010
“I love your figs, they are very fresh and delicious! Also am enjoying the spirulina. Thanks!”
Jan Elizabeth Thornton, Fort Worth, Texas July 12, 2010
“Wonderful products, timely deliver. Love your great sense of humor!”
Crystal, Ware, Ma July 3, 2010
“I have NEVER received anything from an on-line order as quickly as I have ordering from Nutsonline:-) AWESOME stuff and cost me a lot less than purchasing it from Whole Foods!! Thanks:-)”
Boubacar, Pa May 26, 2010
“Hey this is by far the best online experience from allll the way,the delivery incredibly quick,the products unbelievably HEALTHY N FRESH!all this at a reasonable price...cheers to you and long live your business!”
Adam, bronx, N.Y April 20, 2010
“Loving these nutty products, great quality and you guys should be comedians you crack me up!! xD”
Showing 151-160 of 156
Carrol, Brazil, IN March 7, 2014
“I am a 50 year old, female nutritarian, I eat plant based, whole foods that follows the Forks Over Knives philosophy. I am also a Spartan Racer and I use spirulina in my home juiced recovery drink. With the kale, ginger, lemon, green apple, celery, carrots, and cucumber (Joe Cross basic recipe with carrots), I add organic spirulina and organic super greens powder to enable my body to recover the vitamins, minerals, and protein it has used to grow stronger. Because it is not grown in the ocean, I have no fear of the radiation contamination coming from Japan or other dangers. What a great and healthy way to love my body back to good health. And, my doctor loves that I use spirulina as part of my fresh food diet.”
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||19|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. We do not recommend refrigeration or freezing.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|