Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Spirulina is a type of blue-green algae found in most lakes and ponds. Our Organic Spirulina is grown in a series of man-made outdoor pools that are closely supervised. Spirulina is a superfood naturally loaded with vitamins A through E, iron, potassium, calcium, and antioxidants. It is considered a complete protein, containing an ideal balance of all 9 essential amino acids. Our Organic Spirulina Powder is non-GMO.
Health Benefits of Organic Spirulina
1) Protein Powerhouse: Organic spirulina powder contains all 9 essential amino acids, making it a complete protein. A one-ounce serving of spirulina contains over 30% of the Daily Value (DV) for protein. Spirulina's protein is 85-95% digestible, a higher percentage than that of even red meat or soy.
2) Antioxidant Boost: Spirulina's antioxidant concentration is four times that of blueberries. Spirulina has an Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) of over 24,000 - ORAC measures the antioxidant concentration of foods. Antioxidants protect our cells from the damaging oxidative effects of free radicals.
3) Abundance of Minerals: From calcium to potassium to zinc, organic spirulina powder boasts a wide range of minerals. The essential amino acids present in spirulina play a key role in helping our bodies to efficiently use these minerals.
4) Heart Health: A 2007 published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry examined spirulina consumption in the diet of rats and found that the rats were less likely to develop atherosclerosis, a condition associated with the build-up of plaque inside arteries.
5) Lower Diabetes Risk: Spirulina may help manage blood glucose levels in diabetic patients. A 2001 study published in the Journal of Medicinal Food found that patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus who consumed spirulina experienced lower blood glucose levels and cholesterol levels than the control group.
Taste and Uses of SpirulinaOrganic spirulina has a smoky seaweed taste that will blend right in with some of your favorite everyday foods. It only takes one to two teaspoons of spirulina to enrich your diet with an excellent source of protein, vitamins, and minerals. Blend spirulina with other fruits and veggies to make a healthy juice or smoothie. Combine it with avocados for a tasty guacamole dip, mix it into a salad dressing, or sprinkle it on foods for a boost of nutrients. The possibilities are endless when it comes to bestowing your meal with superpowers!
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Paul, Fort Lauderdale, Fl November 8, 2010
“My partner ordered several items.. they arrived very quickly.. love the products, we will be sure to use this site again!!”
Renee, Taylor, Mich October 28, 2010
“Thank You for the speedy service I just love it!”
Robert C., Worthington, Ohio October 27, 2010
“If every company operated as efficiently, honestly, and generously as you do, we wouldn't have any problems in our world. Top quality, lowest prices, two day delivery, and a free sample of Medjool dates... You folks are unbelievable. Thank you!”
Steve, Columbus, Ga October 5, 2010
“Easy order on line. Very fast delivery on the day promised, everything as ordered and one item even better, the Walnuts were superb. It doesn't get better than this.
NICKY, madison heights, virginia September 25, 2010
“you guys are awesome i ordered on a thursday i received my package saturday. I was pleased with the product and i will be ordering again thank you keep up the good work.”
Catherine, Decatur, Georgia September 21, 2010
“I received my spirulina in a timely manner and have introduced my mother and a close friend to the product/website. I'm totally nuts about it!!!!”
Mike, Palm Harbor, Fl. September 2, 2010
“Received order in a very fast delivery. Great to do business with a reputable company that has great selections and a fair price.Looking forward to doing alot of business with you in the future.
Stephen August 26, 2010
“I read/heard many benefits of spirulina and I decided to give it a try. It has a very strong sea-weed taste to it. After consumption my muscles felt like that literally had a drink, it fills you up immensely and gives you energy. I would not put this in food processors, a small percent of the powder does not break down and it is very hard to get out of blenders, just put it in a bowl with water, much easier to clean.”
Beatrice, Tallahassee, Florida August 10, 2010
“My local coop was selling spirulina for $20/lb, but NutsOnline had organic spirulina for WAY less. It shipped fast and is delicious. Plus they sent me a cute e-mail upon delivery!”
Blake, Sugar Hill, GA August 3, 2010
“Absolutely 100% satisfied with my order. It arrived in a timely matter, and with everything I had hoped, in tasteful and reclosable bags. Would recommend all these, and other products alike, from the best source I've found on the internet by far, Nuts online. I will be buying again.”
Showing 141-150 of 156
Carrol, Brazil, IN March 7, 2014
“I am a 50 year old, female nutritarian, I eat plant based, whole foods that follows the Forks Over Knives philosophy. I am also a Spartan Racer and I use spirulina in my home juiced recovery drink. With the kale, ginger, lemon, green apple, celery, carrots, and cucumber (Joe Cross basic recipe with carrots), I add organic spirulina and organic super greens powder to enable my body to recover the vitamins, minerals, and protein it has used to grow stronger. Because it is not grown in the ocean, I have no fear of the radiation contamination coming from Japan or other dangers. What a great and healthy way to love my body back to good health. And, my doctor loves that I use spirulina as part of my fresh food diet.”
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||19|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. We do not recommend refrigeration or freezing.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|