Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Spirulina is a type of blue-green algae found in most lakes and ponds. Our Organic Spirulina is grown in a series of man-made outdoor pools that are closely supervised. Spirulina is a superfood naturally loaded with vitamins A through E, iron, potassium, calcium, and antioxidants. It is considered a complete protein, containing an ideal balance of all 9 essential amino acids. Our Organic Spirulina Powder is non-GMO.
Health Benefits of Organic Spirulina
1) Protein Powerhouse: Organic spirulina powder contains all 9 essential amino acids, making it a complete protein. A one-ounce serving of spirulina contains over 30% of the Daily Value (DV) for protein. Spirulina's protein is 85-95% digestible, a higher percentage than that of even red meat or soy.
2) Antioxidant Boost: Spirulina's antioxidant concentration is four times that of blueberries. Spirulina has an Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) of over 24,000 - ORAC measures the antioxidant concentration of foods. Antioxidants protect our cells from the damaging oxidative effects of free radicals.
3) Abundance of Minerals: From calcium to potassium to zinc, organic spirulina powder boasts a wide range of minerals. The essential amino acids present in spirulina play a key role in helping our bodies to efficiently use these minerals.
4) Heart Health: A 2007 published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry examined spirulina consumption in the diet of rats and found that the rats were less likely to develop atherosclerosis, a condition associated with the build-up of plaque inside arteries.
5) Lower Diabetes Risk: Spirulina may help manage blood glucose levels in diabetic patients. A 2001 study published in the Journal of Medicinal Food found that patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus who consumed spirulina experienced lower blood glucose levels and cholesterol levels than the control group.
Taste and Uses of Spirulina
Organic spirulina has a smoky seaweed taste that will blend right in with some of your favorite everyday foods. It only takes one to two teaspoons of spirulina to enrich your diet with an excellent source of protein, vitamins, and minerals. Blend spirulina with other fruits and veggies to make a healthy juice or smoothie. Combine it with avocados for a tasty guacamole dip, mix it into a salad dressing, or sprinkle it on foods for a boost of nutrients. The possibilities are endless when it comes to bestowing your meal with superpowers!
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Mary Rose, Milwaukee, Wisconsin June 24, 2011
“Wow, you guys are awesome. Super fast, Good quality. Wish all companies were like you. I just placed my order on Wednesday and it came on Friday! Also, Thanks for the free Chia sample! This stuff is great. Will order from you guys again!
Sara, Greenfield, IN June 8, 2011
“My package was waiting patiently on the back porch when we returned home. It was nuts! I couldn't wait to open it and see what I had ordered. Everything was there and looked great. Thank you and this won't be the last you hear from nutty me.”
Jean, Maspeth, New York June 3, 2011
“God, I'm so-o-o glad I found you! Delivery is insanely fast and everything is great. You are Perfection Personified. Best surprise was the sample of dried goji berries with my latest order--I had considered adding some to my chia seed, spirulina and lucuma order, but decided to wait until next time. Now I'll order them for sure. Yum. I look online at your site often (It is fun to read.) and always make lists of what I want to try next...and the list is constantly growing. You guys say you're nuts...I think you're fabulous! Keep up the great work, fantastic prices, and phenomenal range of choices. Huzzah to you!”
Wendy June 2, 2011
“I must say I am pleased, my order was delivered on time with no mistakes. I will be back.Thanks you are a fun company.”
Sorenda, Deltona, Fl May 26, 2011
“Wonderful products, good prices !! Great service !! Thank u NUT ONLINE!!”
cristy, charleston, sc May 19, 2011
“What an awesome company! Everything I have ordered so far has been just perfect. Not to mention fast! You guys really set the standard for great customer service.”
Leonore, Wilmette, IL May 13, 2011
“I couldn't be more pleased with my order from Nuts Online! The high quality products arrived lightning fast and fresh as can be! Prices are great. I am, instantly, a loyal customer. Thank you so much!!”
Lynda, Carencro, LA April 28, 2011
“Nutsonline is fantastic! Everything is super fresh! I will continue ordering from Nutsonline, my favorite store!! Thank you! ”
gail, liberty, me April 27, 2011
“That is FAST service! Thanks so much too for the nibs. :-)”
ray, shohola, p.a April 27, 2011
“thank you for nuts very nice order-was-package good very nice to do business with thank you”
Showing 131-140 of 182
Marcella, Round Rock, TX October 15, 2014
“Great product! Very pleased!! Thank you!!! :)”
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||19|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. It is ok to refrigerate.
Country of Origin: China
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|