Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Spirulina is a type of blue-green algae found in most lakes and ponds. Our Organic Spirulina is grown in a series of man-made outdoor pools that are closely supervised. Spirulina is a superfood naturally loaded with vitamins A through E, iron, potassium, calcium, and antioxidants. It is considered a complete protein, containing an ideal balance of all 9 essential amino acids. Our Organic Spirulina Powder is non-GMO.
Health Benefits of Organic Spirulina
1) Protein Powerhouse: Organic spirulina powder contains all 9 essential amino acids, making it a complete protein. A one-ounce serving of spirulina contains over 30% of the Daily Value (DV) for protein. Spirulina's protein is 85-95% digestible, a higher percentage than that of even red meat or soy.
2) Antioxidant Boost: Spirulina's antioxidant concentration is four times that of blueberries. Spirulina has an Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) of over 24,000 - ORAC measures the antioxidant concentration of foods. Antioxidants protect our cells from the damaging oxidative effects of free radicals.
3) Abundance of Minerals: From calcium to potassium to zinc, organic spirulina powder boasts a wide range of minerals. The essential amino acids present in spirulina play a key role in helping our bodies to efficiently use these minerals.
4) Heart Health: A 2007 published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry examined spirulina consumption in the diet of rats and found that the rats were less likely to develop atherosclerosis, a condition associated with the build-up of plaque inside arteries.
5) Lower Diabetes Risk: Spirulina may help manage blood glucose levels in diabetic patients. A 2001 study published in the Journal of Medicinal Food found that patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus who consumed spirulina experienced lower blood glucose levels and cholesterol levels than the control group.
Taste and Uses of Spirulina
Organic spirulina has a smoky seaweed taste that will blend right in with some of your favorite everyday foods. It only takes one to two teaspoons of spirulina to enrich your diet with an excellent source of protein, vitamins, and minerals. Blend spirulina with other fruits and veggies to make a healthy juice or smoothie. Combine it with avocados for a tasty guacamole dip, mix it into a salad dressing, or sprinkle it on foods for a boost of nutrients. The possibilities are endless when it comes to bestowing your meal with superpowers!
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Thomas, Evansville, IN April 6, 2011
“Thanks for the prompt service and the free sample of chocolate covered coffee beans, very tasty and stimulating! The organic spirulina I ordered looks great. ”
Robert April 6, 2011
“Quick delivery! Fair prices. Quality produce.You guys have a new customer”
frankie, lincolnton, nc March 23, 2011
“super fast delivery! thanks God Bless you!”
Vicki March 21, 2011
“Hi, NutsOnline! Thanks for the super lightning fast delivery! The almonds are beautiful, the Chia Seeds really live up to their reputation and the Spirulina is already starting to help!”
john, mount joy, pa March 9, 2011
“It has been so good finding your store! Your product line is amazing with very reasonable prices. This has now been my second ordering experience with nutsonline , and both have been extremely positive!! Your company certainly stands out from the others in so many ways. God bless you much!!!”
william, hackettstown, NJ February 23, 2011
“thanks for the gift and the fast delivery, I hope to do a lot more business with you in the future. y'all have huge variety, there really is something for everyone here. keep up the great work, I'll be sure to tell my friends, thanks again...”
Claudine, Kennewick, WA February 19, 2011
“I love Nutsonline! What a great selection of healthy foods. I love the Chlorella and Spirulina in my morning shakes. Thanks for offering the unusual items. I will definitely be back for more. :)”
Leslie, Hagerstown, MD February 16, 2011
“Wow - Got the order fast! - and very impressed with quality - Thank you, NUTS ONLINE!
I'll be back...”
Dorothy, Chicopee, MA February 16, 2011
“I just received my box of goodies - I placed the order yesterday! Everything looks fantastic and I can't wait to try it all!”
kara, FRANKFORT, NY February 16, 2011
“Great service, fast delivery, awesome products. What more can I say! Thanks for being such a great company:)”
Showing 121-130 of 157
Melissa, Baltimore, MD March 19, 2014
“I got a sample of spirulina in a package and have since bought three POUNDS of it. I keep giving little samples to other people to try and convert them to spirulina lovers. This stuff is amazing. It doesn't have a strong taste and only 1tsp for breakfast gives me the energy ot two cups of coffee. Try it!”
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||19|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. We do not recommend refrigeration or freezing.
Country of Origin: China
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|