Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Spirulina is a type of blue-green algae found in most lakes and ponds. Our Organic Spirulina is grown in a series of man-made outdoor pools that are closely supervised. Spirulina is a superfood naturally loaded with vitamins A through E, iron, potassium, calcium, and antioxidants. It is considered a complete protein, containing an ideal balance of all 9 essential amino acids. Our Organic Spirulina Powder is non-GMO.
Health Benefits of Organic Spirulina
1) Protein Powerhouse: Organic spirulina powder contains all 9 essential amino acids, making it a complete protein. A one-ounce serving of spirulina contains over 30% of the Daily Value (DV) for protein. Spirulina's protein is 85-95% digestible, a higher percentage than that of even red meat or soy.
2) Antioxidant Boost: Spirulina's antioxidant concentration is four times that of blueberries. Spirulina has an Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) of over 24,000 - ORAC measures the antioxidant concentration of foods. Antioxidants protect our cells from the damaging oxidative effects of free radicals.
3) Abundance of Minerals: From calcium to potassium to zinc, organic spirulina powder boasts a wide range of minerals. The essential amino acids present in spirulina play a key role in helping our bodies to efficiently use these minerals.
4) Heart Health: A 2007 published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry examined spirulina consumption in the diet of rats and found that the rats were less likely to develop atherosclerosis, a condition associated with the build-up of plaque inside arteries.
5) Lower Diabetes Risk: Spirulina may help manage blood glucose levels in diabetic patients. A 2001 study published in the Journal of Medicinal Food found that patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus who consumed spirulina experienced lower blood glucose levels and cholesterol levels than the control group.
Taste and Uses of Spirulina
Organic spirulina has a smoky seaweed taste that will blend right in with some of your favorite everyday foods. It only takes one to two teaspoons of spirulina to enrich your diet with an excellent source of protein, vitamins, and minerals. Blend spirulina with other fruits and veggies to make a healthy juice or smoothie. Combine it with avocados for a tasty guacamole dip, mix it into a salad dressing, or sprinkle it on foods for a boost of nutrients. The possibilities are endless when it comes to bestowing your meal with superpowers!
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
sharron, port byron, ny July 21, 2011
“I ordered on tues. and got it on wed., I don't know if anyone can top that. Very very satisfied.”
dave, plymouth, in July 20, 2011
“quick delivery, only had the product once so far, but it tastes better than i thought it would. ( Organic Spirulina)”
WAYNE July 19, 2011
“FROM ORDER DATE ON 7/17/11 TO DELIVERY AT 9:30 AM ON 7/19/11 WAS JUST OUTSTANDING. i'M INTO HEALTH AND FITNESS AND EXPERIMENT A LOT AT 56 YRS AND i KNOW QUALITY PRODUCTS THAT THAT WE HELP THE BODY ALONG WITH GOOD LIFESTYLE CHOICES TO HEAL AND REPAIR ITSELF. tHANKS!!!!!!”
Tess, Austin, Tx July 19, 2011
“One of the best online shopping experiences EVER. Shipping was incredibly fast and the products were absolutely fantastic quality with wonderful packaging and the prices cannot be beat anywhere. Not to mention the generous sample included!! We'll be back for more soon.... Thank you!!”
thomas, Norwalk, connecticut July 19, 2011
“Hey you guys are just wonderful. I have never gotten my products from anyone this fast!!! Great service, Great products, who can ask for anything better. I'm gonna tell everyone about you guys. Thanks a bunch.
Birgit, Santa Rosa, CA July 14, 2011
“My sister told me about Nuts Online and I ordered for the great prices. I'm sticking with Nuts Online for the superb freshness and delicious flavors. My bulk products were all in useful, resealable bags, so no worries about storage or keeping them fresh. Thanks, guys!”
konstantinos , norwalk, ct July 14, 2011
“the best products and the best service thank you”
steve, ontario, canada July 8, 2011
“I ordered organic chlorella, maca and chia seeds....order came in 2 days and to my surprise there was even a prize in the box!!!
The product is packaged nicely and I have to say that over the years I have tried out many sources for chlorella and this is by far the best product I have come across and the prices are the lowest I have found.....price, quality and service, I know I have reached my final destination!!!!!
Great job you NUTS! ”
Stacey, Toronto, ON July 6, 2011
“Good prices, fresh product, excellent customer service, and fast shipping. Need I say more? :)”
Renee H., NY, NY July 2, 2011
“I have to agree with Crystal, shipment was a flash ! The products are fresh and I love the bags it comes in - that can be re-closed airtight for better and fresher storage. Thank you for being a fantastic online business partner to the rest of us! I can only recommend this store and wish all at "Nuts online" a wonderful 4th of July weekend”
Showing 111-120 of 172
Suzanne, Vero Beach, FL August 16, 2014
“Thanks for the speedy shipment and great quality product. Very tasty.”
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||19|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. It is ok to refrigerate.
Country of Origin: China
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|