Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Spirulina is a type of blue-green algae found in most lakes and ponds. Our Organic Spirulina is grown in a series of man-made outdoor pools that are closely supervised. Spirulina is a superfood naturally loaded with vitamins A through E, iron, potassium, calcium, and antioxidants. It is considered a complete protein, containing an ideal balance of all 9 essential amino acids. Our Organic Spirulina Powder is non-GMO.
Health Benefits of Organic Spirulina
1) Protein Powerhouse: Organic spirulina powder contains all 9 essential amino acids, making it a complete protein. A one-ounce serving of spirulina contains over 30% of the Daily Value (DV) for protein. Spirulina's protein is 85-95% digestible, a higher percentage than that of even red meat or soy.
2) Antioxidant Boost: Spirulina's antioxidant concentration is four times that of blueberries. Spirulina has an Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) of over 24,000 - ORAC measures the antioxidant concentration of foods. Antioxidants protect our cells from the damaging oxidative effects of free radicals.
3) Abundance of Minerals: From calcium to potassium to zinc, organic spirulina powder boasts a wide range of minerals. The essential amino acids present in spirulina play a key role in helping our bodies to efficiently use these minerals.
4) Heart Health: A 2007 published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry examined spirulina consumption in the diet of rats and found that the rats were less likely to develop atherosclerosis, a condition associated with the build-up of plaque inside arteries.
5) Lower Diabetes Risk: Spirulina may help manage blood glucose levels in diabetic patients. A 2001 study published in the Journal of Medicinal Food found that patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus who consumed spirulina experienced lower blood glucose levels and cholesterol levels than the control group.
Taste and Uses of SpirulinaOrganic spirulina has a smoky seaweed taste that will blend right in with some of your favorite everyday foods. It only takes one to two teaspoons of spirulina to enrich your diet with an excellent source of protein, vitamins, and minerals. Blend spirulina with other fruits and veggies to make a healthy juice or smoothie. Combine it with avocados for a tasty guacamole dip, mix it into a salad dressing, or sprinkle it on foods for a boost of nutrients. The possibilities are endless when it comes to bestowing your meal with superpowers!
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
cristy, charleston, sc May 19, 2011
“What an awesome company! Everything I have ordered so far has been just perfect. Not to mention fast! You guys really set the standard for great customer service.”
Leonore, Wilmette, IL May 13, 2011
“I couldn't be more pleased with my order from Nuts Online! The high quality products arrived lightning fast and fresh as can be! Prices are great. I am, instantly, a loyal customer. Thank you so much!!”
Lynda, Carencro, LA April 28, 2011
“Nutsonline is fantastic! Everything is super fresh! I will continue ordering from Nutsonline, my favorite store!! Thank you! ”
gail, liberty, me April 27, 2011
“That is FAST service! Thanks so much too for the nibs. :-)”
ray, shohola, p.a April 27, 2011
“thank you for nuts very nice order-was-package good very nice to do business with thank you”
Violet, Milwaukee, WI April 22, 2011
“WOW, I love your products! The best sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and Nuts
I have ever had! Thank you so much for your company! I will come back again and share your site with everyone I know!
Lord bless you all!
Daniel, Charlestown, IN April 21, 2011
“The products were delivered above my expectations. I really appreciated the great service!! Thank You!!!!!”
Sherry April 14, 2011
“You should teach a course on customer service! It would be a smashing success! Not only was my order delivered in record time...the snacks and organic products that I purchased are superior. You're a keeper! Thanks for the free sample :) hugs from Delaware”
Amara, Oakland, CA April 11, 2011
“Shipping was right on time. The quality of nuts and other things I bought were excellent. Thank you
Dave, Media, PA April 6, 2011
“I placed my order for several products Monday after 5pm and received the order the next day!
So far I have been very happy sampling the products I ordered and look forward to making my next purchase.”
Showing 111-120 of 157
Melissa, Baltimore, MD March 19, 2014
“I got a sample of spirulina in a package and have since bought three POUNDS of it. I keep giving little samples to other people to try and convert them to spirulina lovers. This stuff is amazing. It doesn't have a strong taste and only 1tsp for breakfast gives me the energy ot two cups of coffee. Try it!”
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||19|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. We do not recommend refrigeration or freezing.
Country of Origin: China
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|