Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Spirulina is a type of blue-green algae found in most lakes and ponds. Our Organic Spirulina is grown in a series of man-made outdoor pools that are closely supervised. Spirulina is a superfood naturally loaded with vitamins A through E, iron, potassium, calcium, and antioxidants. It is considered a complete protein, containing an ideal balance of all 9 essential amino acids. Our Organic Spirulina Powder is non-GMO.
Health Benefits of Organic Spirulina
1) Protein Powerhouse: Organic spirulina powder contains all 9 essential amino acids, making it a complete protein. A one-ounce serving of spirulina contains over 30% of the Daily Value (DV) for protein. Spirulina's protein is 85-95% digestible, a higher percentage than that of even red meat or soy.
2) Antioxidant Boost: Spirulina's antioxidant concentration is four times that of blueberries. Spirulina has an Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) of over 24,000 - ORAC measures the antioxidant concentration of foods. Antioxidants protect our cells from the damaging oxidative effects of free radicals.
3) Abundance of Minerals: From calcium to potassium to zinc, organic spirulina powder boasts a wide range of minerals. The essential amino acids present in spirulina play a key role in helping our bodies to efficiently use these minerals.
4) Heart Health: A 2007 published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry examined spirulina consumption in the diet of rats and found that the rats were less likely to develop atherosclerosis, a condition associated with the build-up of plaque inside arteries.
5) Lower Diabetes Risk: Spirulina may help manage blood glucose levels in diabetic patients. A 2001 study published in the Journal of Medicinal Food found that patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus who consumed spirulina experienced lower blood glucose levels and cholesterol levels than the control group.
Taste and Uses of Spirulina
Organic spirulina has a smoky seaweed taste that will blend right in with some of your favorite everyday foods. It only takes one to two teaspoons of spirulina to enrich your diet with an excellent source of protein, vitamins, and minerals. Blend spirulina with other fruits and veggies to make a healthy juice or smoothie. Combine it with avocados for a tasty guacamole dip, mix it into a salad dressing, or sprinkle it on foods for a boost of nutrients. The possibilities are endless when it comes to bestowing your meal with superpowers!
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Veda, Port Charlotte, FL October 19, 2011
“It had been quite a while since I had placed an order with Nuts online. I was so excited when I found all my smoothie ingredients in one place on your web site and even more excited when my order arrived two days early! Everything is perfect so thank you.”
Andrea October 16, 2011
“This spirulina is amazing!!! I received my order quickly, as always, but didn't try the spirulina for a while as I wasn't excited about the "green" taste. I finally opened my bag today and the only thing I could think was that it smelled like boxed chocolate cake mix. I then made a smoothie with almonds, bananas, maca powder, raw cacoa, a drizzle of agave and a huge helping of spirulina. It was DELICIOUS!!! I can't wait for tomorrow's workout, just so I can make another delicious spirulina smoothie!! This and maca together= a real treat!
Anna, Visalia, Ca October 11, 2011
“I am very satisfied with my products, they work for me. I also love the site everything is set up perfectly for my shopping pleasure.
Thank You Jeffrey,Kenny,Sandy,David and the rest of Nuts Online family”
Irene, West Hollywood, Ca October 10, 2011
“i got my spirulina 4 days before i expected it. what a nice surprise! I'm very happy with your company products and great prices! i look forward to doing business with you again very soon. you're the best!
thank you, Irene Soderberg”
ja carlton, Austin, Tx October 7, 2011
“Wow! Talk about impressively speedy and generous! I not only received my order the day before it was scheduled to arrive, but I also received a very generous sample packet of goji berries! Thanks Nutsonline! I know who to come to now! ”
stephen, Mt. juliet, Tn October 6, 2011
“I could not believe it when I got confirmation that my order had shipped only 3 hours after placing it. But, sure enough, it was delivered to my door today less than 2 days later. It is also packaged very well and makes me believe that if they care this much about customer satisfaction, they care about the quality of the product. I'm happy my wife discovered the company...”
Germimah, Brooklyn, New York September 8, 2011
“I love your super fast delivery! I ordered the wheatgrass and the spirulina, and I absolutely will continue to order and refer others to your company. Excellent product and service! ”
Sarah, Lansing, MI September 1, 2011
“You folks rock!!! My chlorella, spirulina, and bee pollen has safely arrived today. I was relieved to find a fantastic place such as yours on the interwebs to purchase healthy foods and super foods. I had to check so many other places and none is as quality and well priced as yours! Nuts Online is going to be recommended to all my friends and family! Thanks for making my day with your speedy shipping time:) I most definitely will be ordering again. Definitely going to go for some raw nuts, seeds, goji berries, cacao nibs, mesquite, etc etc next time. My next maca, lucuma, and raw cacao powder will be from you guys as well. Thanks again. Peace and love!”
Nick, Olympia, Washington August 29, 2011
Great products! Great Service! Great prices!
Need anything else?
I searched all over the internet and cant find a better price on ANY of the products I ordered! ”
Chad, San Francisco, California August 27, 2011
“Absolutely amazing company! Great selection, great service, fast shipping, and best of all everything I tried was delicious and healthy. Very quality ingredients, super fresh, excellent packaging. It was actually fun to shop Nuts Online and you can feel this is a family business. I highly recommend them and look forward to trying more of their products! There was one BIG problem however, I didn't buy enough cuz I already ate half my order. DOH! Thanks Nuts Online!!! ”
Showing 101-110 of 176
Nazira, Lafayette, LA September 21, 2014
“Thank you so much! Very fast delivery, amazing customer service and a very high quality product! Loved a little goodie bag :)”
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||19|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. It is ok to refrigerate.
Country of Origin: China
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|