Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Spirulina is a type of blue-green algae found in most lakes and ponds. Our Organic Spirulina is grown in a series of man-made outdoor pools that are closely supervised. Spirulina is a superfood naturally loaded with vitamins A through E, iron, potassium, calcium, and antioxidants. It is considered a complete protein, containing an ideal balance of all 9 essential amino acids. Our Organic Spirulina Powder is non-GMO.
Health Benefits of Organic Spirulina
1) Protein Powerhouse: Organic spirulina powder contains all 9 essential amino acids, making it a complete protein. A one-ounce serving of spirulina contains over 30% of the Daily Value (DV) for protein. Spirulina's protein is 85-95% digestible, a higher percentage than that of even red meat or soy.
2) Antioxidant Boost: Spirulina's antioxidant concentration is four times that of blueberries. Spirulina has an Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) of over 24,000 - ORAC measures the antioxidant concentration of foods. Antioxidants protect our cells from the damaging oxidative effects of free radicals.
3) Abundance of Minerals: From calcium to potassium to zinc, organic spirulina powder boasts a wide range of minerals. The essential amino acids present in spirulina play a key role in helping our bodies to efficiently use these minerals.
4) Heart Health: A 2007 published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry examined spirulina consumption in the diet of rats and found that the rats were less likely to develop atherosclerosis, a condition associated with the build-up of plaque inside arteries.
5) Lower Diabetes Risk: Spirulina may help manage blood glucose levels in diabetic patients. A 2001 study published in the Journal of Medicinal Food found that patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus who consumed spirulina experienced lower blood glucose levels and cholesterol levels than the control group.
Taste and Uses of SpirulinaOrganic spirulina has a smoky seaweed taste that will blend right in with some of your favorite everyday foods. It only takes one to two teaspoons of spirulina to enrich your diet with an excellent source of protein, vitamins, and minerals. Blend spirulina with other fruits and veggies to make a healthy juice or smoothie. Combine it with avocados for a tasty guacamole dip, mix it into a salad dressing, or sprinkle it on foods for a boost of nutrients. The possibilities are endless when it comes to bestowing your meal with superpowers!
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Trish, Fair oaks ca August 18, 2011
“Just finished my pound of organic spirulina powder and will be ordering my second! Really great quality and freshness!I work for a popular grocery chain and a customer told me about nutsonline and now I pass it on to my customers too!Thanks so much!”
Kimberly, Sacramento, CA August 16, 2011
“Fast delivery, excellent product. I will definitely order again.
Thank you for the sample!”
Gary Royer, Kalamazoo, MI July 27, 2011
“Thanks for very fast shipping and safe arrival. Such things as customer service are so rare in the world we live in today. We will be back for more in the future.
norris, union, NJ July 26, 2011
“Wow this site provides probably the fastest shipping. Ordered some organic spirulina it came the next day and it was extremly fresh. I'm extremly happy with this site and would def recommend it to anyone! ”
sharron, port byron, ny July 21, 2011
“I ordered on tues. and got it on wed., I don't know if anyone can top that. Very very satisfied.”
dave, plymouth, in July 20, 2011
“quick delivery, only had the product once so far, but it tastes better than i thought it would. ( Organic Spirulina)”
WAYNE July 19, 2011
“FROM ORDER DATE ON 7/17/11 TO DELIVERY AT 9:30 AM ON 7/19/11 WAS JUST OUTSTANDING. i'M INTO HEALTH AND FITNESS AND EXPERIMENT A LOT AT 56 YRS AND i KNOW QUALITY PRODUCTS THAT THAT WE HELP THE BODY ALONG WITH GOOD LIFESTYLE CHOICES TO HEAL AND REPAIR ITSELF. tHANKS!!!!!!”
Tess, Austin, Tx July 19, 2011
“One of the best online shopping experiences EVER. Shipping was incredibly fast and the products were absolutely fantastic quality with wonderful packaging and the prices cannot be beat anywhere. Not to mention the generous sample included!! We'll be back for more soon.... Thank you!!”
thomas, Norwalk, connecticut July 19, 2011
“Hey you guys are just wonderful. I have never gotten my products from anyone this fast!!! Great service, Great products, who can ask for anything better. I'm gonna tell everyone about you guys. Thanks a bunch.
Birgit, Santa Rosa, CA July 14, 2011
“My sister told me about Nuts Online and I ordered for the great prices. I'm sticking with Nuts Online for the superb freshness and delicious flavors. My bulk products were all in useful, resealable bags, so no worries about storage or keeping them fresh. Thanks, guys!”
Showing 91-100 of 156
Carrol, Brazil, IN March 7, 2014
“I am a 50 year old, female nutritarian, I eat plant based, whole foods that follows the Forks Over Knives philosophy. I am also a Spartan Racer and I use spirulina in my home juiced recovery drink. With the kale, ginger, lemon, green apple, celery, carrots, and cucumber (Joe Cross basic recipe with carrots), I add organic spirulina and organic super greens powder to enable my body to recover the vitamins, minerals, and protein it has used to grow stronger. Because it is not grown in the ocean, I have no fear of the radiation contamination coming from Japan or other dangers. What a great and healthy way to love my body back to good health. And, my doctor loves that I use spirulina as part of my fresh food diet.”
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||19|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. We do not recommend refrigeration or freezing.
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|20 Pound Cases|