Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Green Tea Powder
Green tea powder is renowned for its antioxidants and health benefits. Packed with the protective catechin EGCG, green tea from Camellia sinensis promotes good health. Our green tea powder can be mixed in water and other beverages, or enjoyed in baked goods. It is non-GMO.
How to Enjoy Green Tea Powder
To make green tea, simply blend 0.5-1 teaspoon of green tea powder and a small amount of hot water with a spoon to make a smooth paste. Add more water and sweetener as desired.
Green tea powder has a clean, earthy flavor that can be incorporated into a variety of drinks and foods. For a refreshing beverage, the powder can be blended into smoothies or shakes. It can be used in many desserts and treats, such as cookies, cheesecakes, waffles, or pancakes. Give baked goods an antioxidant boost by adding a few teaspoons of the powder to muffin or cupcake batter.
Health Benefits of Green Tea Powder
1) Protective Antioxidants: Packed with catechins, green tea powder protects cells from oxidative stress caused by damaging free radicals. The role of these antioxidants is important because they can reduce the risk for premature aging and chronic conditions like heart disease and cancer. Green tea is especially high in a catechin called epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), which is even more superior than vitamins C and E at protecting cells.
2) Heart-Healthy: Green tea is rich in antioxidants that may lower the risk for cardiovascular diseases. A 2006 study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association examined green tea consumption in over 40,000 Japanese adults. The researchers found that participants who drank the most green tea had a lower risk of death from heart attack or stroke compared to those who drank less than one cup of green tea a day.
3) Lower Cholesterol Levels: Green tea can also help reduce LDL "bad" cholesterol levels and thus help reduce the risk for developing heart disease. Research published in a 2011 study in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that drinking higher amounts of green tea was associated to lower levels of total and LDL "bad" cholesterol.
4) Weight Loss: Drinking green tea may help boost metabolism and help people achieve weight loss goals. A 2005 study published in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that the catechins present in green tea helped tea drinkers reduce body fat. This study indicates that green tea may be beneficial for weight management.
5) Reduces Anxiety: Green tea powder contains the amino acid L-theanine, which naturally promotes relaxation and has an overall calming effect. Combined with natural caffeine levels, drinking green tea will give you a sense of relaxed alertness so that your mind can focus clearly.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
linda, joshua tree, ca June 26, 2013
couldn't find instant green tea so looked on the internet and found your site! tea tasted wonderful. don't celebrate xmas but haven't had that much fun opening a box in years.
thank you for the extra nuts and they all tasted wonderful. what a unique and pleasing business enterprise to do business with.
Clint, North Carolina May 24, 2013
“Ordered wednesday arrived friday. 2nd time using Nuts.com Will use again great products.”
marianne, chicago ridge, IL May 3, 2013
“Hi, well the order came 2 days early which was great I was afraid it wouldn't come on time. my daughters birthday is May 7th. Now I can make her favorite green tea cheesecake. thanks for everything. marianne piccola”
Rachael, Houston, TX April 16, 2013
“Love.Love.Love my order! The green tea powder is great.. hot or cold.. the corn nuts were awesome and the High Octane Energy mix was wonderful.....love the little surprise you included... thanks!!! Will order again.. again”
Debra, Colusa, CA April 14, 2013
“Just tried the green tea powder today. Great taste! Thanks!”
David, Evanston, Il March 6, 2013
“I really love Nuts.com. The shipping was fast and profession, and the bags they use are adorable. The chai tea mix is AMAZING, as is the green tea powder and vitamin C powder (shots for smoothies). I also go the Chlorella powder and Stevia powder. The Chlorella was strong - too strong for me to enjoy (a bit too musky), but I'm sure it's very high quality and good for you; the taste of the Stevia is a bit off for me to be a sweetener substitute. But these are my personal preferences and Nuts.com delivered a quality product regardless. Hurrah for Nuts.com!!!”
dan, lemitar, NM March 3, 2013
“Very fast service. The green tea powder is very good. It is the best green tea i have ever found. A little bit goes a long way so the 5lb bag will last a long time. Thank you NUTS”
Richard, Alexandria, VA January 21, 2013
“Great site, great products, SUPER fast shipping-- you guys are great!”
Ann, Lake Elsinore, Ca September 14, 2012
“Fantastic products, prices and service! The low sugar malt balls are so good and the green tea powder is great as ice tea!”
Kristie, Ewing, NJ August 13, 2012
“I ordered the green tea powder on Sunday night and it was at my door in less than 24 hours! ”
Showing 11-20 of 34
Ollie, Baldwin City, KS September 2, 2014
“Love the packaging and the email notifying me the package had arrived. Very personal service, thank you”
Serving Size 1g (~0 oz.)
(Approx. 454.5 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. It is ok to refrigerate.
Country of Origin: China
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|