Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Green Tea Powder
Green tea powder is renowned for its antioxidants and health benefits. Packed with the protective catechin EGCG, green tea from Camellia sinensis promotes good health. Our green tea powder can be mixed in water and other beverages, or enjoyed in baked goods. It is non-GMO.
How to Enjoy Green Tea Powder
To make green tea, simply blend 0.5-1 teaspoon of green tea powder and a small amount of hot water with a spoon to make a smooth paste. Add more water and sweetener as desired.
Green tea powder has a clean, earthy flavor that can be incorporated into a variety of drinks and foods. For a refreshing beverage, the powder can be blended into smoothies or shakes. It can be used in many desserts and treats, such as cookies, cheesecakes, waffles, or pancakes. Give baked goods an antioxidant boost by adding a few teaspoons of the powder to muffin or cupcake batter.
Health Benefits of Green Tea Powder
1) Protective Antioxidants: Packed with catechins, green tea powder protects cells from oxidative stress caused by damaging free radicals. The role of these antioxidants is important because they can reduce the risk for premature aging and chronic conditions like heart disease and cancer. Green tea is especially high in a catechin called epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), which is even more superior than vitamins C and E at protecting cells.
2) Heart-Healthy: Green tea is rich in antioxidants that may lower the risk for cardiovascular diseases. A 2006 study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association examined green tea consumption in over 40,000 Japanese adults. The researchers found that participants who drank the most green tea had a lower risk of death from heart attack or stroke compared to those who drank less than one cup of green tea a day.
3) Lower Cholesterol Levels: Green tea can also help reduce LDL "bad" cholesterol levels and thus help reduce the risk for developing heart disease. Research published in a 2011 study in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that drinking higher amounts of green tea was associated to lower levels of total and LDL "bad" cholesterol.
4) Weight Loss: Drinking green tea may help boost metabolism and help people achieve weight loss goals. A 2005 study published in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that the catechins present in green tea helped tea drinkers reduce body fat. This study indicates that green tea may be beneficial for weight management.
5) Reduces Anxiety: Green tea powder contains the amino acid L-theanine, which naturally promotes relaxation and has an overall calming effect. Combined with natural caffeine levels, drinking green tea will give you a sense of relaxed alertness so that your mind can focus clearly.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
David, Evanston, Il March 6, 2013
“I really love Nuts.com. The shipping was fast and profession, and the bags they use are adorable. The chai tea mix is AMAZING, as is the green tea powder and vitamin C powder (shots for smoothies). I also go the Chlorella powder and Stevia powder. The Chlorella was strong - too strong for me to enjoy (a bit too musky), but I'm sure it's very high quality and good for you; the taste of the Stevia is a bit off for me to be a sweetener substitute. But these are my personal preferences and Nuts.com delivered a quality product regardless. Hurrah for Nuts.com!!!”
dan, lemitar, NM March 3, 2013
“Very fast service. The green tea powder is very good. It is the best green tea i have ever found. A little bit goes a long way so the 5lb bag will last a long time. Thank you NUTS”
Richard, Alexandria, VA January 21, 2013
“Great site, great products, SUPER fast shipping-- you guys are great!”
Ann, Lake Elsinore, Ca September 14, 2012
“Fantastic products, prices and service! The low sugar malt balls are so good and the green tea powder is great as ice tea!”
Kristie, Ewing, NJ August 13, 2012
“I ordered the green tea powder on Sunday night and it was at my door in less than 24 hours! ”
Richard, Alexandria, VA March 15, 2012
“You guys are the BEST! My order was accurate and delivered oh, SO FAST (delivery took less than 24 hours)! It was such a hassle getting my green tea powder and acai from different places. You guys are the one-stop shop! Seriously, I'm a new lifetime customer! Thank you!!”
Chandar, Kailua Kona, Hawaii July 2, 2011
“Great company to order from! Super fast delivery, even to Hawaii, and with the same shipping! No extra charge for not being "continental U.S." And this site is easy to explore :) Thanx a bunch!!!”
LIsa, Vero Beach, Florida July 1, 2011
“I received the wonderful Chocolate covered Gooseberries & Bubble Tea Supplies & am excited about making my first passion Fruit Bubble Tea before the 4th of July !”
Billie, Tennessee June 21, 2011
“Our package arrived so fast and everything was fresh and in great condition. I've already made several green tea lattes and some cookies with the almond flour. My husband devoured the Southern Heat Mix I bought as a surprise treat for him. Thanks for the veggie chip sample. They were gone in an instant. We're always pleased when we do business with you guys. That's why we keep coming back for more! ”
Yang, Boston, MA May 21, 2011
“I don't know how you guys do it, but I'm amazed at your enthusiasm for your products and the service you've provided. From now on I'm only making purchases somewhere else for the things not on your website.”
Showing 11-20 of 29
SUE, Cumming, GA April 10, 2014
“Thanks for my order ....arrived Wednesday, I love green tea...and this brand has an excellent taste!
Serving Size 1g (~0 oz.)
(Approx. 454.5 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
Country of Origin: China
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|