Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Fruit Pectin Mix
Fruit pectin is commonly used a thickener in jams and gelatin.
Fruit Jam Recipe
Ingredients: 3 3/4 cups fruit, 5 1/4 cups sugar, 3 tablespoons fruit pectin.
1) Prepare fruit however you like it: pureed, julienned, finely diced, crushed.
2) Pack 3 ¾ fruit solidly in cup. If measure is slightly short, add water. Place measured fruit in 6 or 8 quart sauce pot.
3) Stir fruit pectin into prepared fruit. Sauce pot must be no more than 1/2 full to allow for full rolling boil.
4) Bring to a full boil over high heat stirring constantly. At once stir in sugar. DO NOT REDUCE SUGAR. Stir and bring to a full rolling boil (a boil that cannot be stirred down). Then boil one minute stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
5) Skim off foam with large metal spoon. Immediately ladle into jars leaving 1/4 inch space at top. With a damp cloth, wipe jars and threads clean.
6) Immediately cover jars with lids. Screw on firmly.
7) Place in boiling water bath carefully setting jars on rack in canner or large sauce pot of boiling water. Water should cover jars by 1 to 2 inches. Cover canner and return the water to a boil for 5 minutes. Remove jars from canner.
8) Check seals. Jar lids should be slightly concave or remain so when pressed. Store jam in a cool dry place.
Yields approximately 6 cups. Recipe may vary due to moisture in fruit.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
amy, portland, oregon August 3, 2011
“I ordered the fruit pectin, and made a few batches (jam) and the jam set up beautiful and for a fraction of the price, THANK YOU!!!!
Also thank you for making me feel like a friend with your emails! Do you know where I could buy canning jars for whole sale price? Thank you, Amy”
Showing 71-80 of 72
charles, TULLOS, LA July 18, 2014
“I bought fruit pectin from you. Great product at a good price, top that off with lightning fast service & you folks are the GREATEST!”
Serving Size 15g (~0.5 oz.)
(Approx. 30.3 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Dextrose, pectin, fumaric acid
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, and milk products.
Store at room temperature for up to 1 year.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|