Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Fruit Pectin Mix
Fruit pectin is commonly used a thickener in jams and gelatin.
Fruit Jam Recipe
Ingredients: 3 3/4 cups fruit, 5 1/4 cups sugar, 3 tablespoons fruit pectin.
1) Prepare fruit however you like it: pureed, julienned, finely diced, crushed.
2) Pack 3 ¾ fruit solidly in cup. If measure is slightly short, add water. Place measured fruit in 6 or 8 quart sauce pot.
3) Stir fruit pectin into prepared fruit. Sauce pot must be no more than 1/2 full to allow for full rolling boil.
4) Bring to a full boil over high heat stirring constantly. At once stir in sugar. DO NOT REDUCE SUGAR. Stir and bring to a full rolling boil (a boil that cannot be stirred down). Then boil one minute stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
5) Skim off foam with large metal spoon. Immediately ladle into jars leaving 1/4 inch space at top. With a damp cloth, wipe jars and threads clean.
6) Immediately cover jars with lids. Screw on firmly.
7) Place in boiling water bath carefully setting jars on rack in canner or large sauce pot of boiling water. Water should cover jars by 1 to 2 inches. Cover canner and return the water to a boil for 5 minutes. Remove jars from canner.
8) Check seals. Jar lids should be slightly concave or remain so when pressed. Store jam in a cool dry place.
Yields approximately 6 cups. Recipe may vary due to moisture in fruit.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Rebecca June 13, 2013
“Thank-you! Loved the box...pectin is working perfectly Thank-You !!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED...I'll Be Back!”
Erik June 12, 2013
“I was skeptical at first because of the super low price. But the fruit pectin we bought worked great! We will be buying more products from nuts.com in the future.”
Amy, Portland, Oregon June 4, 2013
“I am on my second, 25 pound box of pectin, I have a small jam business, and I just LOVE this pectin! You have saved me hundreds of dollars, and I`m going NUTS over that! THANKS!!!! ”
Christine, Baldwinville, MA May 21, 2013
“My package arrived today! It was such a fun box, not many boxes make me smile when they get delivered to my front door... but this box did! So fun and cute! Even the pectin was in very cute packaging. Thanks for a great product. I will be back !! ”
Angel, New Orleans, Louisiana May 15, 2013
“I ordered a lb of pectin and as soon as it arrived I ordered 5 more lbs just because I am a nut too.. no really, I make jams and jellies with no sugars NO SWEETNERS and this product works perfectly! and I love the package it came in, the box and invoice. Talk about making your day brighter.. I will be a customer for Life.... Thanks”
Chris, La Grange, NC May 9, 2013
“Great service. Delivered when promised. Will order again.”
Sarah, Johnstown, Pennsylvania May 8, 2013
“GREAT PACKING!! Loved the bright vibrant colors! Fast Shipping and a WONDERFUL Product! Strawberry Jam Season is here and I can "can" my little heart out as I have saved tremendously on the cost of pectin from NUTS.COM. Thanks I will be buying again soon!”
Raymond, Kentwood, La April 11, 2013
“Super fast shipping. We can't wait to make our jelly with it. Thanks, Raymond”
Lenore, Tucson, AZ March 21, 2013
“My only regret in the Pectin is that I only ordered 1 lb when I first tried it out. Works absolutely like magic and I can bypass the expensive store pectins now. I don't like the store bought jams with their large parts sugar and small parts fruit so I make all my jams and my family and friends all want them. So now I'm ordering 5 lbs or Pectin. Thanks for the superior product with the reasonable price.”
Angela , Hammond, La March 14, 2013
“Great Prices & Very Fast Shipping. ”
Showing 61-70 of 94
denise, Bakersville, NC September 17, 2014
“Very pleased....loved the packaging too. Mail lady loved reading the box as much as I did. Good job”
Serving Size 15g (~0.5 oz.)
(Approx. 30.3 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Dextrose, pectin, fumaric acid
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, and milk products.
Store at room temperature for up to 1 year.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|