Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Go NUTS this Holiday! View Gifts »
Fruit Pectin Mix
Fruit pectin is commonly used a thickener in jams and gelatin.
Fruit Jam Recipe
Ingredients: 3 3/4 cups fruit, 5 1/4 cups sugar, 3 tablespoons (1 ounce) fruit pectin.
1) Prepare fruit however you like it: pureed, julienned, finely diced, crushed.
2) Pack 3 ¾ fruit solidly in cup. If measure is slightly short, add water. Place measured fruit in 6 or 8 quart sauce pot.
3) Stir fruit pectin into prepared fruit. Sauce pot must be no more than 1/2 full to allow for full rolling boil.
4) Bring to a full boil over high heat stirring constantly. At once stir in sugar. DO NOT REDUCE SUGAR. Stir and bring to a full rolling boil (a boil that cannot be stirred down). Then boil one minute stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
5) Skim off foam with large metal spoon. Immediately ladle into jars leaving 1/4 inch space at top. With a damp cloth, wipe jars and threads clean.
6) Immediately cover jars with lids. Screw on firmly.
7) Place in boiling water bath carefully setting jars on rack in canner or large sauce pot of boiling water. Water should cover jars by 1 to 2 inches. Cover canner and return the water to a boil for 5 minutes. Remove jars from canner.
8) Check seals. Jar lids should be slightly concave or remain so when pressed. Store jam in a cool dry place.
Yields approximately 6 cups. Recipe may vary due to moisture in fruit.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Jan, Whidbey Island, WA March 9, 2012
“Using your pectin to make lots of jam, some with nuts in it!!!. Love it. And the jam is great and sets up really well. Need to try some of the nuts next.
Kristen, Rockport, Texas February 27, 2012
“I needed lots of pectin for my growing business, fast! Nuts was affordable, dependable, and quick! Thanks guys!! I'm a very happy future customer!”
Cynthia February 1, 2012
“OMG I am stunned!! I placed my order yesterday and I received it today at lunchtime! I have found my new online home for my canning and baking needs. Even came with a full size tasty sample. Thank you so much. Here's too a long and delicious realtionship!”
candice, Long Island, NY November 18, 2011
“Oh My, Thank you soooooo much!
I went looking for large pearl tapioca...found your site....WOW!!! I thought it was too good to be true... not only tapioca but all sorts of essentials!!! Arrowroot! Pectin by the pound! ALMOND FLOUR!! Flours and berries and nuts oh my!! Too good to be true but in ONE NEW YORK MINUTE my order was at my front door! I can't sing your praises loud enough! It has not been even 24 hours since arrival and I have a big batch of tapioca cooling, raspberry bars with Almond flour crumb crust in oven and home made cranberry sauce (thanks to the arrowroot) simmering on stove! THANK YOU.... I think you are my new FAVORITE "GO TO" PLACE!
Judy, Magnolia, Texas November 1, 2011
“I waited patiently for my delivery and was so excited to see it arrived exactly when you said it would. I had made some jalapeno jelly without your fruit pectin mix that did not jell, so I was looking forward to trying the pectin from you and as I knew, you did not disappoint. In fact I fixed the first batch and made a second batch. You have made a customer for life and I will recommend NUTS ONLINE to everyone I know. Thanks for making my day, Judy”
laura, centennial, colorado October 20, 2011
“I have not tried any of my products yet but the coffee smells wonderful! I can't believe how much fruit pectin I got compared with the tiny boxes at the grocery store! I am excited to try all of my new "goodies"! Thanks.”
Linda Joneli, Crooked River Ranch, OR October 11, 2011
“Thankyou so very much for my second order received yesterday. I am very pleased with the products I have received so far, arrived on time and beautifully packaged.
You will me hearing more from me and I will certainly pass your details on to my friends.
From Linda's Kitchen”
Dave, Plant City, Florida September 10, 2011
“Nuts Online was a GREAT find for me! They have several items that are extremely difficult to find or too expensive to purchase in quantities that are useful when canning or scratch baking. I have already given their site out two times. They communicated with me at each stage of my order and responded to my needs as fast as can be. Thanks so much! I'll be back for more!”
amy, portland, oregon August 3, 2011
“I ordered the fruit pectin, and made a few batches (jam) and the jam set up beautiful and for a fraction of the price, THANK YOU!!!!
Also thank you for making me feel like a friend with your emails! Do you know where I could buy canning jars for whole sale price? Thank you, Amy”
Showing 51-60 of 60
Kurt, Kihei, HAWAII November 27, 2013
“You guys are awesome at nuts.com ! Always fast . We love your fruit pectin and make an awesome lilikoi (passion fruit) jelly with no variations every time thanks to a superior pectin . Thank you again from ulumelifarms.com”
Serving Size 15g (~0.5 oz.)
(Approx. 30.3 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Dextrose, pectin, fumaric acid
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool, dry place for up to 1 year. This can be refrigerated or frozen.
|1 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|