Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Fruit Pectin Mix
Fruit pectin is commonly used a thickener in jams and gelatin.
Fruit Jam Recipe
Ingredients: 3 3/4 cups fruit, 5 1/4 cups sugar, 3 tablespoons fruit pectin.
1) Prepare fruit however you like it: pureed, julienned, finely diced, crushed.
2) Pack 3 ¾ fruit solidly in cup. If measure is slightly short, add water. Place measured fruit in 6 or 8 quart sauce pot.
3) Stir fruit pectin into prepared fruit. Sauce pot must be no more than 1/2 full to allow for full rolling boil.
4) Bring to a full boil over high heat stirring constantly. At once stir in sugar. DO NOT REDUCE SUGAR. Stir and bring to a full rolling boil (a boil that cannot be stirred down). Then boil one minute stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
5) Skim off foam with large metal spoon. Immediately ladle into jars leaving 1/4 inch space at top. With a damp cloth, wipe jars and threads clean.
6) Immediately cover jars with lids. Screw on firmly.
7) Place in boiling water bath carefully setting jars on rack in canner or large sauce pot of boiling water. Water should cover jars by 1 to 2 inches. Cover canner and return the water to a boil for 5 minutes. Remove jars from canner.
8) Check seals. Jar lids should be slightly concave or remain so when pressed. Store jam in a cool dry place.
Yields approximately 6 cups. Recipe may vary due to moisture in fruit.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Mandy September 19, 2013
“I am now absolutely in love with nuts.com! The pectin we recently purchased is phenomenal and I can't help but smile every time I see the packaging and the letters we receive from the "family" always make me feel right at home! I can't wait to order again! ”
Henry, Cheyenne Wells, Colorado September 14, 2013
“Burb!.... Boy were those free Cashews good!! Thanks, I'll probably have to order some now....dang it! The Blue Raspberry gummies are a treat, and they are fresh -- Must have just come off the stove. Can't believe you can sell the Pectin as low as you do. You will be my choice in the future!
Henry Tourney YUM YUM”
Bruce, Vashon, Washington September 10, 2013
“Greeting to all! I purchased your pectin back in July and finally slowed down enough to make jam. I need to let you know that this has been a delightful experience. First, I love your packaging, your sense of humor and your quick delivery. And today I have just made the best Blackberry/Peach jam in decades of making jam. I can hardly wait to start on my Hucklyberry/Nectarine!
Mildred, Chipley, Florida September 7, 2013
“Yes, my package arrived and I am totally pleased with the products. Can't wait to get started on my jelly making. Grapes are ripe and I have been picking and juicing while waiting on my pectin to get here. So guess what I will be doing tomorrow.
The sample of nuts a big surprise and are great. Will be placing more orders in the future.
Josh, OTC, MN September 3, 2013
“We all cheered when the UPS man pulled in with our order. We had all of our smashed and blended plums all ready for the arrival of our PECTIN! Now I'm sit'n on 100 jars of the best plum jelly this side of Plum Creek. And don't get me started on the little goody sampler, things we going great until that showed up and we all started fight'n over'em. Thanks for a GREAT experience, we'll be back for sure! ”
Diana, Rio Grande, PR September 1, 2013
“Was very happy to receive my shipment quite fast, now I can start "jamming" fruits from my grove with the pectin that I received, yeh.......Oh by the way I loved your box with all it's characters, even the mailman like it!
Veda, Blanding, Utah August 23, 2013
“ I purchased two pounds of your fruit pectin mix. Thank you so much for delivering so quickly!!! Now I can process my entire peach crop! Can not wait to see how well your product works.”
Donna, Belmont, California August 17, 2013
“Great product..........I've been waiting for it and it came really quickly! Love your pectin and the fact that even with the shipping all across the USA, you still outprice any store around here! Nuts to you!”
Jeremy, Boaz, AL August 14, 2013
“I have a small canning business. We do all kinds of Jams,Jellies,Pickles,etc...I found nuts.com over a generic web search looking for bulk pectin. I had my concerns at first looking at the price per pound is cheaper than 1 box of the store brands so I only bought 1. When it arrived it was in a cool box. The product is amazing! I just purchased more and plan on buying more later on this week! Great product, great price, quick turn around!!!”
MaryAnn, Ancram, New York August 9, 2013
“Thank you so much for my pectin! I have made nearly 100 jars of jam at less than half the cost of supermarket pectin. Your shipping is amazing!!! I order at 10:00 p.m. and my stuff is here the very next day!”
Showing 41-50 of 94
denise, Bakersville, NC September 17, 2014
“Very pleased....loved the packaging too. Mail lady loved reading the box as much as I did. Good job”
Serving Size 15g (~0.5 oz.)
(Approx. 30.3 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Dextrose, pectin, fumaric acid
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, and milk products.
Store at room temperature for up to 1 year.
Country of Origin: United States
|1 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|