Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Go NUTS this Holiday! View Gifts »
Fruit Pectin Mix
Fruit pectin is commonly used a thickener in jams and gelatin.
Fruit Jam Recipe
Ingredients: 3 3/4 cups fruit, 5 1/4 cups sugar, 3 tablespoons (1 ounce) fruit pectin.
1) Prepare fruit however you like it: pureed, julienned, finely diced, crushed.
2) Pack 3 ¾ fruit solidly in cup. If measure is slightly short, add water. Place measured fruit in 6 or 8 quart sauce pot.
3) Stir fruit pectin into prepared fruit. Sauce pot must be no more than 1/2 full to allow for full rolling boil.
4) Bring to a full boil over high heat stirring constantly. At once stir in sugar. DO NOT REDUCE SUGAR. Stir and bring to a full rolling boil (a boil that cannot be stirred down). Then boil one minute stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
5) Skim off foam with large metal spoon. Immediately ladle into jars leaving 1/4 inch space at top. With a damp cloth, wipe jars and threads clean.
6) Immediately cover jars with lids. Screw on firmly.
7) Place in boiling water bath carefully setting jars on rack in canner or large sauce pot of boiling water. Water should cover jars by 1 to 2 inches. Cover canner and return the water to a boil for 5 minutes. Remove jars from canner.
8) Check seals. Jar lids should be slightly concave or remain so when pressed. Store jam in a cool dry place.
Yields approximately 6 cups. Recipe may vary due to moisture in fruit.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Angel, New Orleans, Louisiana May 15, 2013
“I ordered a lb of pectin and as soon as it arrived I ordered 5 more lbs just because I am a nut too.. no really, I make jams and jellies with no sugars NO SWEETNERS and this product works perfectly! and I love the package it came in, the box and invoice. Talk about making your day brighter.. I will be a customer for Life.... Thanks”
Chris, La Grange, NC May 9, 2013
“Great service. Delivered when promised. Will order again.”
Sarah, Johnstown, Pennsylvania May 8, 2013
“GREAT PACKING!! Loved the bright vibrant colors! Fast Shipping and a WONDERFUL Product! Strawberry Jam Season is here and I can "can" my little heart out as I have saved tremendously on the cost of pectin from NUTS.COM. Thanks I will be buying again soon!”
Raymond, Kentwood, La April 11, 2013
“Super fast shipping. We can't wait to make our jelly with it. Thanks, Raymond”
Lenore, Tucson, AZ March 21, 2013
“My only regret in the Pectin is that I only ordered 1 lb when I first tried it out. Works absolutely like magic and I can bypass the expensive store pectins now. I don't like the store bought jams with their large parts sugar and small parts fruit so I make all my jams and my family and friends all want them. So now I'm ordering 5 lbs or Pectin. Thanks for the superior product with the reasonable price.”
Angela , Hammond, La March 14, 2013
“Great Prices & Very Fast Shipping. ”
Arlene, Lexington, SC March 7, 2013
“First time ordering and pleasantly satisfied with the product all the way to delivery time and the wonderful customer service! Thank you!”
Jim January 31, 2013
“Now that is a fast delivery. Any faster and it would be considered overnight. Thanks. Now if I can live long enough to use all this pectin i will be back for more.
Kurt, Kihei, Hawaii December 25, 2012
“We ordered 10 lbs. pectin on Dec. 19 , shipped 20th and received 24th . For Hawaii and also for the Christmas season that is just amazing . Made a trial Lilikoi ( Passion Fruit ) jelly and it looks great . You guys are really good . Please consider selling Cassava starch - I hate to buy from anybody else !
Kurt and Betsy / Ulu Meli Farms”
Cynthia, Berlin, Ct December 20, 2012
“I have to say that working with your company is not only easy but quite enjoyable as well. The product arrived in a day and a half! Your customer service is fantastic! Happy holidays to you and yours!
Showing 31-40 of 60
Kurt, Kihei, HAWAII November 27, 2013
“You guys are awesome at nuts.com ! Always fast . We love your fruit pectin and make an awesome lilikoi (passion fruit) jelly with no variations every time thanks to a superior pectin . Thank you again from ulumelifarms.com”
Serving Size 15g (~0.5 oz.)
(Approx. 30.3 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||0|
Dextrose, pectin, fumaric acid
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool, dry place for up to 1 year. This can be refrigerated or frozen.
|1 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|