Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Coconut Flour (Gluten Free)
Our organic coconut flour is one of the most savory wheat flour alternatives you can find. Low in carbohydrates and high in fiber and protein, coconut flour's high nutritional value makes it a part of many diets, including low-carb and gluten-free.
About Coconut Flour
Made of ground-up, dried coconut meat, our coconut flour is organic and unsweetened, although the natural sugars in the coconut make the flour mildly sweet. Some consider coconut flour just as tasty as wheat flour, if not tastier, and it has the advantage of being completely gluten-free. Also, organic coconut flour contains more fiber than any other flour, making it especially filling and a popular choice for those trying to lose weight.
Baking with Coconut Flour
Baked goods made with organic coconut flour are light and soft, with rich textures. Coconut flour can be substituted for up to 20% of the wheat flour in a recipe. Many gluten-free recipes use it as a base, including for coconut flour bread, cakes, and muffins. For a boost of fiber and protein, you can add organic coconut flour to smoothies and shakes, or try it as a thickener for sauces and gravies. On the lower right-side of the page, you can find several delicious coconut flour recipes.
Our Registered Dietitian's Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut likes to swap about one-quarter of the flour in quick breads and cookies for coconut flour. This flour is made purely from organic coconut and has more fiber than other flours! Each tablespoon has about 6 grams of fiber, that is triple the amount compared to whole wheat flour which has only 2 grams of fiber per serving.
Coconut Flour Health Benefits
1) 100% Gluten-Free: Coconut flour is naturally gluten-free, making it a popular ingredient for those who have gluten allergies or want to eliminate gluten from their diet. It has a naturally high nutritional content which makes it an excellent substitution for wheat flours.
2) Protein Powerhouse: With 14 grams of protein per 100 grams of flour, organic coconut flour contains more protein than white, wheat, rye flour, and cornmeal flours. Protein is an important component in building and maintaining healthy muscles.
3) Full of Fiber: Organic coconut flour contains 43 grams of fiber per 100 grams of coconut flour, double the amount found in wheat bran. Fiber helps sustain the feeling of fullness and helps slow the absorption of sugar into our bloodstream.
4) Heart-Healthy: A 2006 study published in Innovative Food Science & Emerging Technologies found that the fiber content present in coconut flour is effective at lowering cholesterol levels and reducing the risk for chronic diseases such as diabetes mellitus and cardiovascular disease.
5) Helps to Regulate Spikes in Blood Sugar: Fiber-rich foods such as coconut flour tend to have a low glycemic index because they are better at regulating blood sugar levels. A 2003 study published in The British Journal of Nutrition found that using increased amounts of coconut flour in baked goods lowered the glycemic index of the foods.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Stephanie, Mesa, Arizona August 25, 2012
“Everything got here so fast! I even like the box it came in! :) I can't wait to try the coconut flour! Thank you so much!”
Lynn, Lacombe, LA August 23, 2012
“I love love love your stevia! It's so pure and good! When I first bought it I was surprised how powdery it is, as the stuff in the store is grainy. I also love the coconut flour for baking healthy granola bars--I even put it in waffles and pancakes. This time, I'm giving a pack to my gluten-intolerant friend--hope she loves it too! Thank you very much for the raspberry bar--yummy!”
Raechel , Minneapolis, MN August 16, 2012
“I love you nuts! The shipping is always so fast, and the quality of the product is amazing. I was in major need of a snack when I arrived home, so I was delighted to see the package on my door step. I immediately had a handful of almonds and they tasted fresh and delicious! And I'm so glad to be re-stocked on almond and coconut flour---they make the best vegan, gluten-free desserts! ”
Jill, New Brunswick, New Jersey August 4, 2012
“I couldn't be more thrilled! The web site was so easy to navigate, the products are stellar, the shipping was faster than a speeding bullet...two huge thumbs WAAAY up! Thanks so much! ”
esther, Lancaster, PA August 1, 2012
“Love love love nuts.com. You guys are the speediest company i ever ordered from. Products are fresh and packed well. I use the steel cut oats in my coffee shop and customers love it. The variety of gluten free flours you offer is outstanding and the nuts are so fresh.
Elin, New York July 16, 2012
“I ordered a pound of almond flour and a pound of coconut flour. When I checked out, I couldn't believe I could choose which day I wanted my order shipped. I chose the same day and it arrived the next day!! I'm very happy with the products and the service. I'll be ordering again. Thank you!!”
Jennifer, Longview, WA July 12, 2012
“Nuts.com is the only source we order our almond and coconut flour from. The quality is excellent and so is the service. Not to mention "nutty".”
Tracie, OH July 11, 2012
“Wow, my almond and coconut flours are here already! My order shipped out Monday and it was here by Wednesday early afternoon. Can't wait to try my flours! Thanks, you nutty people! :-)”
Melody, Dayton, Ohio June 29, 2012
“Recieved our order in 2 days! Everything was packaged very well and tastes great! Our grain-free waffles with coconut flour were awesome! ”
Genie, Winter Garden, Florida May 21, 2012
“I am very pleased with my order! So pleased that I placed another order a few days after and I will be placing a third order on Friday!! Raw Macadamia nuts, Coconut Flour, Tapioca Flower, Arrowroot Powder, Raw Caco, and flavored Pistachios! Who could ask for more? ”
Showing 61-70 of 133
Adolph, Morgantown, WV August 15, 2014
“Your organic coconut flour addresses our gluten-free baking needs. Thank you for the great inventory of useful products...”
Serving Size 14g (~0.5 oz.)
(Approx. 32.5 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||15|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Store at room temperature for up to 6 months.
Country of Origin: Philippines
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|