Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Coconut Flour (Gluten Free)
Our organic coconut flour is one of the most savory wheat flour alternatives you can find. Low in carbohydrates and high in fiber and protein, coconut flour's high nutritional value makes it a part of many diets, including low-carb and gluten-free.
About Coconut Flour
Made of ground-up, dried coconut meat, our coconut flour is organic and unsweetened, although the natural sugars in the coconut make the flour mildly sweet. Some consider coconut flour just as tasty as wheat flour, if not tastier, and it has the advantage of being completely gluten-free. Also, organic coconut flour contains more fiber than any other flour, making it especially filling and a popular choice for those trying to lose weight.
Baking with Coconut Flour
Baked goods made with organic coconut flour are light and soft, with rich textures. Coconut flour can be substituted for up to 20% of the wheat flour in a recipe. Many gluten-free recipes use it as a base, including for coconut flour bread, cakes, and muffins. For a boost of fiber and protein, you can add organic coconut flour to smoothies and shakes, or try it as a thickener for sauces and gravies. On the lower right-side of the page, you can find several delicious coconut flour recipes.
Our Registered Dietitian's Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut likes to swap about one-quarter of the flour in quick breads and cookies for coconut flour. This flour is made purely from organic coconut and has more fiber than other flours! Each tablespoon has about 6 grams of fiber, that is triple the amount compared to whole wheat flour which has only 2 grams of fiber per serving.
Coconut Flour Health Benefits
1) 100% Gluten-Free: Coconut flour is naturally gluten-free, making it a popular ingredient for those who have gluten allergies or want to eliminate gluten from their diet. It has a naturally high nutritional content which makes it an excellent substitution for wheat flours.
2) Protein Powerhouse: With 14 grams of protein per 100 grams of flour, organic coconut flour contains more protein than white, wheat, rye flour, and cornmeal flours. Protein is an important component in building and maintaining healthy muscles.
3) Full of Fiber: Organic coconut flour contains 43 grams of fiber per 100 grams of coconut flour, double the amount found in wheat bran. Fiber helps sustain the feeling of fullness and helps slow the absorption of sugar into our bloodstream.
4) Heart-Healthy: A 2006 study published in Innovative Food Science & Emerging Technologies found that the fiber content present in coconut flour is effective at lowering cholesterol levels and reducing the risk for chronic diseases such as diabetes mellitus and cardiovascular disease.
5) Helps to Regulate Spikes in Blood Sugar: Fiber-rich foods such as coconut flour tend to have a low glycemic index because they are better at regulating blood sugar levels. A 2003 study published in The British Journal of Nutrition found that using increased amounts of coconut flour in baked goods lowered the glycemic index of the foods.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Casey, traverse city, michigan February 27, 2013
“Received our three boxes of yummies today! Plenty of almond flour for baking and coconut flour too! I'm very pleased with all that we ordered as well as the cacao nibs! I love it all! ”
Renee, Wood Dale, Illinois February 21, 2013
“Nuts.com is the best place to order almond and coconut flour. They have the best prices and wonderful customer service. The shipping is super fast and my order is always correct and without damage to the packaging. Thanks for such wonderful products. We can't wait to order from nuts.com again soon.”
Bianca, Destin, FL February 14, 2013
“I love my products!!! I ordered coconut flour and almond flour. Now I can get to my low carb. high protein baking on. It was here super fast and thanks for the cute little goody bag! Mmmmm fudge.... I will be indulging in that later. :)”
Ruizi, Bloomington, IN February 12, 2013
“I've been shopping on your website for several times, and the quality of your product has been very satisfying. This is my first time to try coconut flour from you and I have to say it's the best I've tasted. Can smell the sweetness of coconut right after opening the bag, and cannot believe it's low fat and high fiber, after putting a scoopful of it into my mouth. Very creamy and yummy, like coconut cookies that melt in my mouth. I'm gonna just enjoy it directly from bag! ”
Monica , Cortez, CO January 25, 2013
“This is a great find for me! My son and I have Celiac Disease, so this gives us more options than before. I am also appreciating this because it is low carb! Way to go! Great products!”
Jeanne January 25, 2013
“I am very pleased with my order from Nuts.com. I received it in 3 days in the coolest box! You feel good just reading the box. I felt like I was receiving a package from a family member. They even added a free bag of nuts! Their prices are unbeatable and their products are wonderful. It is recommended by Dr. William Davis, author of The Wheat Belly Diet, in his Wheat Belly Cookbook. ”
Wafae, Baltimore, MD January 22, 2013
“I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVEEE nuts.com this is my third time ordering from them and I LOVE how fast it is and how great the products are! this is the only place i order my almond and coconut flour from now. Also the BEST snacks ever. I will DEF. be ordering again :)”
MaryJane, Nashville, Tn. January 17, 2013
“I can't tell you how pleased I am with my order and how quickly it was delivered. How nice and whimsical the packaging was. I am very glad I found you while researching a Wheat Belly site. I will order all my wheat-free flours and some other things from you in the future! Thanks very much! ”
Catherine Yount, Kingsland, Ga. January 10, 2013
“Thanks for the quick delivery!!! I can start my new cooking adventure with Almond flour and Coconut flour now.
The box and bags are so cute too. They made me smile.
I will certainly order from you again!
Now I need some Almond butter?
Molly January 5, 2013
“Love this flour for my gluten free baked goods. Glad that I can get my gluten free flours quickly in large bulk bags from Nuts! Thanks!”
Showing 31-40 of 129
julie, glencoe, mn May 3, 2014
“Just made these super simple yummy cookies with the coconut flour from nuts.com. totally healthy and totally delish! Thanks so much everyone. Julie”
Serving Size 14g (~0.5 oz.)
(Approx. 32.5 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||15|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Store at room temperature for up to 6 months.
Country of Origin: Philippines
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|