Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Coconut Flour (Gluten Free)
Our organic coconut flour is one of the most savory wheat flour alternatives you can find. Low in carbohydrates and high in fiber and protein, coconut flour's high nutritional value makes it a part of many diets, including low-carb and gluten-free.
About Coconut Flour
Made of ground-up, dried coconut meat, our coconut flour is organic and unsweetened, although the natural sugars in the coconut make the flour mildly sweet. Some consider coconut flour just as tasty as wheat flour, if not tastier, and it has the advantage of being completely gluten-free. Also, coconut flour contains more fiber than any other flour, making it especially filling and a popular choice for those trying to lose weight.
Baking with Coconut Flour
Baked goods made with organic coconut flour are light and soft, with rich textures. Coconut flour can be substituted for up to 20% of the wheat flour in a recipe. Many gluten-free recipes use it as a base, including for coconut flour bread, cakes, and muffins. For a boost of fiber and protein, you can add organic coconut flour to smoothies and shakes, or try it as a thickener for sauces and gravies. On the lower right-side of the page, you can find several delicious coconut flour recipes.
Our Registered Dietitian's Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut likes to swap about one-quarter of the flour in quick breads and cookies for coconut flour. This flour is made purely from organic coconut and has more fiber than other flours! Each tablespoon has about 6 grams of fiber, that is triple the amount compared to whole wheat flour which has only 2 grams of fiber per serving.
Coconut Flour Health Benefits
1) 100% Gluten-Free: Coconut flour is naturally gluten-free, making it a popular ingredient for those who have gluten allergies or want to eliminate gluten from their diet. It has a naturally high nutritional content which makes it an excellent substitution for wheat flours.
2) Protein Powerhouse: With 14 grams of protein per 100 grams of flour, organic coconut flour contains more protein than white, wheat, rye flour, and cornmeal flours. Protein is an important component in building and maintaining healthy muscles.
3) Full of Fiber: Organic coconut flour contains 43 grams of fiber per 100 grams of coconut flour, double the amount found in wheat bran. Fiber helps sustain the feeling of fullness and helps slow the absorption of sugar into our bloodstream.
4) Heart-Healthy: A 2006 study published in Innovative Food Science & Emerging Technologies found that the fiber content present in coconut flour is effective at lowering cholesterol levels and reducing the risk for chronic diseases such as diabetes mellitus and cardiovascular disease.
5) Helps to Regulate Spikes in Blood Sugar: Fiber-rich foods such as coconut flour tend to have a low glycemic index because they are better at regulating blood sugar levels. A 2003 study published in The British Journal of Nutrition found that using increased amounts of coconut flour in baked goods lowered the glycemic index of the foods.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Deanna, Wichita August 27, 2010
“Received my order yesterday evening. Ordered gluten free products like coconut and almond flour. Am really anxious to go home this evening and try your recipes. Will let you know how they turn out. Thanks for fast delivery.”
Kim, Archdale, NC August 13, 2010
“WOW!Super impressed. Fresh, delicious,great prices and quick delivery! This was my first order and I'm sold!!! Thanks”
Nina, Southern NJ July 29, 2010
“This is my 2nd order and I couldn't be happier. I eat a low carb diet, and I can find some great options for baking: almond flour, as well as flour from beans, coconut and other high protein, high fiber items. Also, I Love, Love, Love the salted cashews. Yum.”
Lois, Lexington Park, Md July 10, 2010
“Ok, you guys are awesome. Everyone reading this, take notice. I ordered this yesterday, and here it is 24hrs later, I have my package. The coconut flour is absolutely wonderful and of course the yummy Turkish Figs are to die for. Thank you so much for processing this so quickly. I am telling friends and family, as far as Texas, check you out! I am smiling a smile as big as Texas. Thank you again”
lena July 9, 2010
“As usual, absolutely perfect: on time, as ordered, perfectly fresh and delicious! Thanks again!”
Ruth, Ottawa, Ontario July 9, 2010
“well, it may have taken you 79 years to figure out how to ship to Canada (as you admit on your website) but boy have you ever figured it out right! My order was shipped on July 6 and arrived July 8! Amazing service! I can't wait to use the nut flours in my gluten-free baking! Thanks, guys!”
Charles, Stonington, CT June 8, 2010
“Quick, fresh, fairly priced, and good customer interaction with a sense of humor....what more do you need?”
Showing 121-130 of 128
Theresa, Hyden, KY March 7, 2014
“Thank you for your fast shipping and delightful packaging. I bought two almond flours, a coconut flour and 2 bags of dark chocolate covered banana chips. Wow were we surprised. The Dark chocolate banana chips are AWESOME!!! On top of that we were given a sample bag of chia seeds! Thank you so much NUTS.COM
We will be ordering again.
Theresa and her three D's (Dennis III, Dennis IV and Donovan)”
Serving Size 14g (~0.5 oz.)
(Approx. 32.5 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||15|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Store under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
Country of Origin: Philippines
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|