Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Coconut Flour (Gluten Free)
Our organic coconut flour is one of the most savory wheat flour alternatives you can find. Low in carbohydrates and high in fiber and protein, coconut flour's high nutritional value makes it a part of many diets, including low-carb and gluten-free.
About Coconut Flour
Made of ground-up, dried coconut meat, our coconut flour is organic and unsweetened, although the natural sugars in the coconut make the flour mildly sweet. Some consider coconut flour just as tasty as wheat flour, if not tastier, and it has the advantage of being completely gluten-free. Also, organic coconut flour contains more fiber than any other flour, making it especially filling and a popular choice for those trying to lose weight.
Baking with Coconut Flour
Baked goods made with organic coconut flour are light and soft, with rich textures. Coconut flour can be substituted for up to 20% of the wheat flour in a recipe. Many gluten-free recipes use it as a base, including for coconut flour bread, cakes, and muffins. For a boost of fiber and protein, you can add organic coconut flour to smoothies and shakes, or try it as a thickener for sauces and gravies. On the lower right-side of the page, you can find several delicious coconut flour recipes.
Our Registered Dietitian's Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut likes to swap about one-quarter of the flour in quick breads and cookies for coconut flour. This flour is made purely from organic coconut and has more fiber than other flours! Each tablespoon has about 6 grams of fiber, that is triple the amount compared to whole wheat flour which has only 2 grams of fiber per serving.
Coconut Flour Health Benefits
1) 100% Gluten-Free: Coconut flour is naturally gluten-free, making it a popular ingredient for those who have gluten allergies or want to eliminate gluten from their diet. It has a naturally high nutritional content which makes it an excellent substitution for wheat flours.
2) Protein Powerhouse: With 14 grams of protein per 100 grams of flour, organic coconut flour contains more protein than white, wheat, rye flour, and cornmeal flours. Protein is an important component in building and maintaining healthy muscles.
3) Full of Fiber: Organic coconut flour contains 43 grams of fiber per 100 grams of coconut flour, double the amount found in wheat bran. Fiber helps sustain the feeling of fullness and helps slow the absorption of sugar into our bloodstream.
4) Heart-Healthy: A 2006 study published in Innovative Food Science & Emerging Technologies found that the fiber content present in coconut flour is effective at lowering cholesterol levels and reducing the risk for chronic diseases such as diabetes mellitus and cardiovascular disease.
5) Helps to Regulate Spikes in Blood Sugar: Fiber-rich foods such as coconut flour tend to have a low glycemic index because they are better at regulating blood sugar levels. A 2003 study published in The British Journal of Nutrition found that using increased amounts of coconut flour in baked goods lowered the glycemic index of the foods.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Henrietta, Bentonville, AR January 20, 2011
“Thank you! What fast delivery and I love your packaging. ”
Barbara, Linwood, NJ December 7, 2010
“Package arrived in good shape.
Pleased with all I ordered.
Will probably place another other soon before Christmas.
Thank you for all you do.
Ricki, Winfred, South Dakota November 30, 2010
“The products are fantastic! We are hooked on "Nuts Online"! This is the second order that I have placed and it will not be the last. The treats are so fresh and delicious. The shipping is fast and accurate. Thank you! ”
Laurie, Kinsey, AL November 24, 2010
“OMG!!!!!! You guys ROCK!!! When my darling husband brought the box inside, he asked what I had purchased. I told him Gluten free flours for bread. He wasn't very excited about that until I brought him the bag of pistachios and the next thing I knew, he was covered in empty shells. They are delicious! And the sample cashews were fantastic too! I'm so glad I discovered your site and will definitely be back. So many products...so little time. Thanks for such a secure package & fast shipping. Happy Thanksgiving!”
Jo , Houston, TX November 23, 2010
“I'm as nutty as a squirrel about discovering Nuts Online! Two of my kids have recently been diagnosed with Celiac Disease and I am so happy with their range of GF products - not just nuts. I can get flours that I can't buy locally and the speed of service is amazing! I will be a regular customer for as long as they keep providing such great products and service!”
Susan, Hauppauge, New York November 19, 2010
“I am so impressed with the prompt service. The products I ordered were packaged sensibly and perfectly. Thank you so much for providing such an important service.”
Marion, Eustis, FL November 18, 2010
“I am happy be be called Nutty Marion. I received my order safe and sound and you even included a free product, quinoa. I love that your nutty family is shown as a different type of nut.
Thanks for your prompt delivery. I hope to order from you nuts again. LOL
Sincerely, Nutty Marion”
Wendy, Nampa, Idaho November 3, 2010
“Wow! My order was sent out same day and I received it very quickly. Great products. And I love their sense of humor!! :)”
Keri, Brookhaven, Pa October 20, 2010
“I love nutsonline! The quick delivery makes my impulse baking actually work!!!”
Jacqueline, NC September 13, 2010
“You guys are great!! Products arrive promptly..fresh condition and taste wonderful..thanks!!”
Showing 121-130 of 139
James, Ambridge, PA September 17, 2014
“I am still experimenting with it, but so far so good ..”
Serving Size 14g (~0.5 oz.)
(Approx. 32.5 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||15|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Store at room temperature for up to 6 months.
Country of Origin: Philippines
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|