Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Coconut Flour (Gluten Free)
Our organic coconut flour is one of the most savory wheat flour alternatives you can find. Low in carbohydrates and high in fiber and protein, coconut flour's high nutritional value makes it a part of many diets, including low-carb and gluten-free.
About Coconut Flour
Made of ground-up, dried coconut meat, our coconut flour is organic and unsweetened, although the natural sugars in the coconut make the flour mildly sweet. Some consider coconut flour just as tasty as wheat flour, if not tastier, and it has the advantage of being completely gluten-free. Also, organic coconut flour contains more fiber than any other flour, making it especially filling and a popular choice for those trying to lose weight.
Baking with Coconut Flour
Baked goods made with organic coconut flour are light and soft, with rich textures. Coconut flour can be substituted for up to 20% of the wheat flour in a recipe. Many gluten-free recipes use it as a base, including for coconut flour bread, cakes, and muffins. For a boost of fiber and protein, you can add organic coconut flour to smoothies and shakes, or try it as a thickener for sauces and gravies. On the lower right-side of the page, you can find several delicious coconut flour recipes.
Our Registered Dietitian's Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut likes to swap about one-quarter of the flour in quick breads and cookies for coconut flour. This flour is made purely from organic coconut and has more fiber than other flours! Each tablespoon has about 6 grams of fiber, that is triple the amount compared to whole wheat flour which has only 2 grams of fiber per serving.
Coconut Flour Health Benefits
1) 100% Gluten-Free: Coconut flour is naturally gluten-free, making it a popular ingredient for those who have gluten allergies or want to eliminate gluten from their diet. It has a naturally high nutritional content which makes it an excellent substitution for wheat flours.
2) Protein Powerhouse: With 14 grams of protein per 100 grams of flour, organic coconut flour contains more protein than white, wheat, rye flour, and cornmeal flours. Protein is an important component in building and maintaining healthy muscles.
3) Full of Fiber: Organic coconut flour contains 43 grams of fiber per 100 grams of coconut flour, double the amount found in wheat bran. Fiber helps sustain the feeling of fullness and helps slow the absorption of sugar into our bloodstream.
4) Heart-Healthy: A 2006 study published in Innovative Food Science & Emerging Technologies found that the fiber content present in coconut flour is effective at lowering cholesterol levels and reducing the risk for chronic diseases such as diabetes mellitus and cardiovascular disease.
5) Helps to Regulate Spikes in Blood Sugar: Fiber-rich foods such as coconut flour tend to have a low glycemic index because they are better at regulating blood sugar levels. A 2003 study published in The British Journal of Nutrition found that using increased amounts of coconut flour in baked goods lowered the glycemic index of the foods.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Emily, Des Peres, Missouri April 13, 2011
“Arrived quickly as promised and everything is fresh and well packaged. Thank you!”
karen, Ridgefield, Ct. April 7, 2011
“To all the "NUTS"! well you did it again! I ordered on Tues. and my order arrived Weds.!!! How do you do this?I am so happy with my order and the quality of everything. i will be ordering frequently and getting the word out about you nuts.Love you Guys!!!”
Donna March 30, 2011
“My order arrived as promised. The product looks really fresh. Thanks for the quick shipping and good product! I will be back for more!
Susan, Hagerstown, Maryland March 25, 2011
“The fast service is great, I had my order in hand in less than 24 hours, but what I really love is how fresh and delicious the almond and coconut flours are. Just beautiful. And the prices are so much better than at my local health food stores. I'm telling everyone I know about your company.”
Celange, Lawrenceville, GA March 16, 2011
“I will most surely order from nutsonline again. My order came fast and everything was packed perfect. I just tried the ultimate malt balls and they are like a piece of heaven. I can't wait to share some with my Dad when he comes to visit as malt balls are one of his favorite candy. Thank you!”
Linda, Alpharetta, GA March 10, 2011
“Thanks for the fast delivery of my almond and coconut flour!”
Chris February 23, 2011
“Fantastic, fast, friendly service with a wonderful product!”
Rachel February 22, 2011
“I received my order promptly and without delays. I had never tried coconut flour before. It is delicious! Thank you for the gift of crystallized ginger. I have used it on my tea at bedtime and it warms me up, which I need during these very cold winter nights in Iowa. I gave it to my son who woke up last night with a stomach ache. It helped him so much that he went right back to sleep.”
Trudy February 17, 2011
“I found my heaven! You guys are the best for offering gluten free products! You are my new source for gluten free flour and I'm telling all my friends bout you. I got a lot of unsalted nuts and they are really hard to find so thank you so much for having the things those of us on special diets need. I am just thrilled with you! And I love the green bags that are the 5 lb. size. Guess I will be ordering 5 lbs. of everything! I got coconut and almond flour and both are perfectly perfect! Thank you so much. One happy gluten free girl!”
THOMAS, Brooklyn, New York February 9, 2011
“Wow that's what I call speed, overnight.
Thank you. Now I will get to experiment with
Showing 111-120 of 140
lori, danvers, MN September 29, 2014
“Its wonderful. Love the taste and texture it creates”
Serving Size 14g (~0.5 oz.)
(Approx. 32.5 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||15|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Store at room temperature for up to 6 months.
Country of Origin: Philippines
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|