Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Coconut Flour (Gluten Free)
Our organic coconut flour is one of the most savory wheat flour alternatives you can find. Low in carbohydrates and high in fiber and protein, coconut flour's high nutritional value makes it a part of many diets, including low-carb and gluten-free.
About Coconut Flour
Made of ground-up, dried coconut meat, our coconut flour is organic and unsweetened, although the natural sugars in the coconut make the flour mildly sweet. Some consider coconut flour just as tasty as wheat flour, if not tastier, and it has the advantage of being completely gluten-free. Also, organic coconut flour contains more fiber than any other flour, making it especially filling and a popular choice for those trying to lose weight.
Baking with Coconut Flour
Baked goods made with organic coconut flour are light and soft, with rich textures. Coconut flour can be substituted for up to 20% of the wheat flour in a recipe. Many gluten-free recipes use it as a base, including for coconut flour bread, cakes, and muffins. For a boost of fiber and protein, you can add organic coconut flour to smoothies and shakes, or try it as a thickener for sauces and gravies. On the lower right-side of the page, you can find several delicious coconut flour recipes.
Our Registered Dietitian's Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut likes to swap about one-quarter of the flour in quick breads and cookies for coconut flour. This flour is made purely from organic coconut and has more fiber than other flours! Each tablespoon has about 6 grams of fiber, that is triple the amount compared to whole wheat flour which has only 2 grams of fiber per serving.
Coconut Flour Health Benefits
1) 100% Gluten-Free: Coconut flour is naturally gluten-free, making it a popular ingredient for those who have gluten allergies or want to eliminate gluten from their diet. It has a naturally high nutritional content which makes it an excellent substitution for wheat flours.
2) Protein Powerhouse: With 14 grams of protein per 100 grams of flour, organic coconut flour contains more protein than white, wheat, rye flour, and cornmeal flours. Protein is an important component in building and maintaining healthy muscles.
3) Full of Fiber: Organic coconut flour contains 43 grams of fiber per 100 grams of coconut flour, double the amount found in wheat bran. Fiber helps sustain the feeling of fullness and helps slow the absorption of sugar into our bloodstream.
4) Heart-Healthy: A 2006 study published in Innovative Food Science & Emerging Technologies found that the fiber content present in coconut flour is effective at lowering cholesterol levels and reducing the risk for chronic diseases such as diabetes mellitus and cardiovascular disease.
5) Helps to Regulate Spikes in Blood Sugar: Fiber-rich foods such as coconut flour tend to have a low glycemic index because they are better at regulating blood sugar levels. A 2003 study published in The British Journal of Nutrition found that using increased amounts of coconut flour in baked goods lowered the glycemic index of the foods.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Jill , Cranston, RI October 26, 2011
“Ok, seriously?? First of all, you have EVERYTHING I need to keep my gluten free bakery (Sugarbird Bakery- Gluten Free in RI) running smoothly. Second, I am saving time because there's no more going crazy trying to figure out if the nuts, seeds, etc are certified GF. Third, you got it all to me in 24 hours. Fourth, will you marry me? Thank you...I'm in LOVE!”
Elizabeth, Cottage Grove, OR September 23, 2011
“Thank you for my order! The flours and nut butter are wonderful and arrived quickly. Thanks, too, for the sample. It was a nice surprise!”
Lou, Pueblo, Colorado August 24, 2011
“this is the freshest and most reasonably priced stuff I have found online. I do a lot of gluten free baking for friends who are intolerant and they love it all. If it shipped any quicker they would be sending it before I ordered!!”
Kathleen, chaska, MN August 24, 2011
“The order arrived today and looks great; I can't wait to try some of my gluten-free recipes with the various flours now that I've learned I can't eat wheat. Now if I can just avoid digging into those macadamia nuts! until after supper!”
Christine, Levittown, New York July 26, 2011
“So happy that my order came so fast! I love your speedy delivery and the fact that you offer healthy organic products at what I believe are discount prices!! You're awesome! Now i can start baking up a storm out of my cook book "Babycakes"!!”
cathy, Portales, NM July 25, 2011
“Delivered when promised. Excellent products.”
Josh, gaithersburg, MD July 12, 2011
“I ordered some hazelnuts, coconut flour, and coconut milk in the afternoon and before I could even say "NUTS ONLINE," my package arrived at my doorstep! It literally took less than 24 hours!”
Debbie, Kentwood, MI June 24, 2011
“How fun are these people! Life is too short to deal with crabs and these people sure aren't crabs. I ordered on a Tuesday and got my package in MI on Thursday. I've only opened a couple of the items but everything looks fresh and delicious. I'm thankful for the option of finding healthy, organic and raw options for my new "natural" diet that I've embarked upon!”
Chrystie June 10, 2011
“Wow! Can't believe I already have my order (placed last night!)! Great, fresh goods!!
Kelly, Brooklyn, NY June 9, 2011
“My shipment arrived yesterday and I am very pleased with what I ordered. Everything is packaged so beautifully and the food is very fresh and delicious! Will be ordering again soon!
Thank you very much!!”
Showing 91-100 of 136
Elizabeth, Columbia, MS September 1, 2014
“I haven't cooked with it yet, but it looks wonderful!! I can't wait to start my Paleo cooking. Just waiting on a few more ingredients to come in the mail. Your order was packaged so nicely and I appreciate that. Thank you for your prompt service and best wishes to you all for a fruitful year.”
Serving Size 14g (~0.5 oz.)
(Approx. 32.5 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||15|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Store at room temperature for up to 6 months.
Country of Origin: Philippines
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|