Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Organic Coconut Flour (Gluten Free)
Our organic coconut flour is one of the most savory wheat flour alternatives you can find. Low in carbohydrates and high in fiber and protein, coconut flour's high nutritional value makes it a part of many diets, including low-carb and gluten-free.
About Coconut Flour
Made of ground-up, dried coconut meat, our coconut flour is organic and unsweetened, although the natural sugars in the coconut make the flour mildly sweet. Some consider coconut flour just as tasty as wheat flour, if not tastier, and it has the advantage of being completely gluten-free. Also, organic coconut flour contains more fiber than any other flour, making it especially filling and a popular choice for those trying to lose weight.
Baking with Coconut Flour
Baked goods made with organic coconut flour are light and soft, with rich textures. Coconut flour can be substituted for up to 20% of the wheat flour in a recipe. Many gluten-free recipes use it as a base, including for coconut flour bread, cakes, and muffins. For a boost of fiber and protein, you can add organic coconut flour to smoothies and shakes, or try it as a thickener for sauces and gravies. On the lower right-side of the page, you can find several delicious coconut flour recipes.
Our Registered Dietitian's Top Pick
Our Registered Dietitian and Health Nut likes to swap about one-quarter of the flour in quick breads and cookies for coconut flour. This flour is made purely from organic coconut and has more fiber than other flours! Each tablespoon has about 6 grams of fiber, that is triple the amount compared to whole wheat flour which has only 2 grams of fiber per serving.
Coconut Flour Health Benefits
1) 100% Gluten-Free: Coconut flour is naturally gluten-free, making it a popular ingredient for those who have gluten allergies or want to eliminate gluten from their diet. It has a naturally high nutritional content which makes it an excellent substitution for wheat flours.
2) Protein Powerhouse: With 14 grams of protein per 100 grams of flour, organic coconut flour contains more protein than white, wheat, rye flour, and cornmeal flours. Protein is an important component in building and maintaining healthy muscles.
3) Full of Fiber: Organic coconut flour contains 43 grams of fiber per 100 grams of coconut flour, double the amount found in wheat bran. Fiber helps sustain the feeling of fullness and helps slow the absorption of sugar into our bloodstream.
4) Heart-Healthy: A 2006 study published in Innovative Food Science & Emerging Technologies found that the fiber content present in coconut flour is effective at lowering cholesterol levels and reducing the risk for chronic diseases such as diabetes mellitus and cardiovascular disease.
5) Helps to Regulate Spikes in Blood Sugar: Fiber-rich foods such as coconut flour tend to have a low glycemic index because they are better at regulating blood sugar levels. A 2003 study published in The British Journal of Nutrition found that using increased amounts of coconut flour in baked goods lowered the glycemic index of the foods.
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Berni, Temple, TX September 12, 2014
“Super fine and mixes great!”
kay, Falls Church, VA September 10, 2014
“Great for bread baking and for making cookies to replace the wheat flour.”
Elizabeth, Columbia, MS September 1, 2014
“I haven't cooked with it yet, but it looks wonderful!! I can't wait to start my Paleo cooking. Just waiting on a few more ingredients to come in the mail. Your order was packaged so nicely and I appreciate that. Thank you for your prompt service and best wishes to you all for a fruitful year.”
Matt, Suffolk, VA August 30, 2014
“Delivered as promised on time! Happy customer, will definitely shop nuts.com again!
Freshness was superb! Watch out whole foods market, you have some competition.
:>) smile grin”
Gloria, Unionville, CT August 29, 2014
“New item for me not sure how this one will sell, like the concept of it though. hope to see this one fly off the shelf.
Delivery time amazing.”
Adolph, Morgantown, WV August 15, 2014
“Your organic coconut flour addresses our gluten-free baking needs. Thank you for the great inventory of useful products...”
Jenny, Morton, IL July 24, 2014
“This was exactly what I was looking for! I have celiac disease and have been let down time and time again trying to find large quantity, quality gluten free flours. This product gave me exactly the amount I was looking for, was delivered quickly, and was good quality! I've already used it in several baking recipes along with golden flax seed meal and almond flour(from Nuts.com of course!) Love this site!”
Susan, Hagerstown, MD May 21, 2014
“I love your organic coconut flour. It makes the best baked donuts, and I substitute it for a forth of the flour in any other bakery item. This flour imparts a subtle, sweet coconut flavor that has my family asking for seconds. It is a great low carb substitute for more traditional wheat flours.”
Mary, High Point, NC May 13, 2014
“Shipment came exactly when expected & I loved the packaging! Thank you!”
julie, glencoe, mn May 3, 2014
“Just made these super simple yummy cookies with the coconut flour from nuts.com. totally healthy and totally delish! Thanks so much everyone. Julie”
Showing 1-10 of 139
James, Ambridge, PA September 17, 2014
“I am still experimenting with it, but so far so good ..”
Serving Size 14g (~0.5 oz.)
(Approx. 32.5 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||15|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and milk products.
Store at room temperature for up to 6 months.
Country of Origin: Philippines
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|