7 Good Reasons To Start Eating Chia Seeds
- Help weight loss. Chia seeds are popular for weight loss. They reduce food cravings by preventing some of the food that you eat from getting absorbed into your system. This blockage of calorie absorption makes them a great diet helper.
- Feel fuller faster: They can also help your diet by making you feel full. This is because they absorb 10 times their weight in water, forming a bulky gel.
- Hydration for athletes: They are also great for athletes because the "chia gel" can hydrate the body.
- Reduce your blood pressure: There's evidence to suggest they can reduce blood pressure.
- Omega-3: They are the richest plant source of Omega-3 (the vital fats that protect against inflammation—such as arthritis—and heart disease). In fact, they contain more Omega-3 than salmon!
- Benefits for diabetes: Because chia seeds slow down how fast our bodies convert carbohydrates into simple sugars, studies indicate they can control blood sugar. This leads scientists to believe chia seeds may have great benefits for diabetics.
- They are easier to digest than flax seeds, and don't need to be ground up.
Why You Should Get Your Chia Seeds From Us
- Price: Our prices are much lower than some other suppliers. That's because we're one of America's biggest suppliers of chia seeds. Also, we deal directly with the farmers, so there's no "middleman".
- They are great quality. If you don't believe us, buy some of our chia seeds and some from elsewhere, and do yourself a blindfolded test—like the Pepsi Challenge but with more Omega-3.
- Our customers love them. See their almost deliriously happy comments below.
- No added weirdness: Our chia seeds were "raised well"; they are raw, non-GMO, non-irradiated, and produced without pesticides. Yippee!
- We guarantee to be in stock and will ship out the same business day.
What the Experts Say About Chia Seeds
Dr. Oz from the Oprah show says,"They just may be one of the healthiest things around."
Nutrition expert Dr. Weil said, "A healthful and interesting addition to my diet. My prediction? You will begin to see chia being added to more and more commercial products, such as prepared baby foods, nutrition bars, and baked goods."
How to Eat Chia Seeds (Including Recipes)
Chia seeds make an incredibly healthy—and often unnoticeable—addition to many foods.
Here are some great ways to enjoy chia seeds:
- They can be eaten raw. (They have a nice "nutty" flavor.)
- They can be soaked in fruit juice (in Mexico, they call this "chia fresca").
- They're perfect in porridges and puddings.
- They make an ideal addition to baked goods including breads, cakes and biscuits.
How Many Chia Seeds Should You Eat? We recommend two daily doses of about 20 g each (1.5 ounces total).Delicious chia recipes:
- Chia Water
- Chia Smoothie
- Chia Rice Salad
- Chia Vegetable Stir Fry
- Chia Seed Fruit Drink
- Chocolate Truffles with Chia Seeds (Gluten Free)
- Apricot Truffles with Chia Seeds (Gluten Free)
- Chia Cereal
- Chia Pudding with Maca
- Chia Fresca
Got a recipe you think we'd like? Submit it here!
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)Calories 137
Fat Cal. 72
Excellent customer service, quick confirmations, shipped promptly, PRODUCTS AMAZING! Love the quinoa, edamame, goji fruit, first time experiencing chia seeds and now I love them! Thank you Nuts.com
The delivery time was amazing to say the least. I just love the chia seeds they are so fresh and my ginger is exactly what I wanted. I will truly order again and again.
We love the service, the organic quinoa and chia seeds were wonderful. The shipping is reasonable. I would highly recommend people buying from Nuts.com. I recommend it to my clients whenever we talk nutrition.
I don't know how you were able to get those chia seeds to me in warp time...I don't even know if you are human! But, I love all of you there!! I'm 100% yours!
You guys are a lot of fun!! The spirulina, chlorella, and chia seeds are A+ quality and the packaging is cheery. Thanks to one and all in your family!
Hello Jeffrey, Kenny (dad), uncle Sandy, and cousin David, I just got my first order form nuts.com and I cannot express myself how excited I am. When I was opening my box, I looked like a little girl opening her Xmas present. Then, I saw all the little bags and colors and I was in seventh heaven. You absolutely made my day!!!!! Thank you so much for my sample of Organic Quinoa and all the recipes I found. I have already a list of things for my next order. You are my favorite store now because I love the way you work. You care and you are different. Thank you again. Have a great day, and smile away! Jana Hajkova, Las Vegas
We ran onto your site when searching for chia seeds. Great price and great delivery. Also like the "humor" of your company. Thanks!!
WOW! You were lightning quick with my order!! I thank you so much. My order was here in less than a week, and the packaging is delightful. You are my new chia source! Thanks Again for the outstanding customer service!! Aloha, Cheryl Materne
Thank you for keeping your prices reasonable and your delivery very prompt. The Chia seeds arrived in great time and in very good shape. Thanks for being a good ole American Company. Don
I own a bakery in Superior Wi. and I do gluten free breads besides my regular breads. I found out from a friend that Chia added to gluten free breads makes a great product. I brought some of my gluten free bree bread with Chia in it to a support group meeting and the people were amazed at the soft texture of the bread. The Chia also adds fiber and anti-oxidants that I never could have gotten without this wonderful product. I'm the only gluten free bakery in the area using this. Thanks for this wonderful product. Dale Susrenance Artisan Breads
I placed my first order with your company after checking other online sources as well as my local health food store. Your prices were reasonable and I felt I was still getting a quality product. I placed my order at 3 pm on Thursday and my chia seeds were at my door by 1 pm on Friday. Awesome service. I'll be back.
I just ordered three products which are very difficult for me to find: pitted cooking dates, bulk sesame seeds, chia seeds. You're the best!
Thank you for my chia seeds. They arrived so quickly, and are delicious!!!You have the best price around. I have been telling everyone about your wonderful company...thanks for being there!! Beth
More Chia Seeds
- Organic Chia Seeds
- White Chia Seeds
- Organic Chia Energy Squares
- Chia Ginger Superfood Cereal
- see all Chia Seeds