7 Good Reasons To Start Eating Chia Seeds
- Help weight loss. Chia seeds are popular for weight loss. They reduce food cravings by preventing some of the food that you eat from getting absorbed into your system. This blockage of calorie absorption makes them a great diet helper.
- Feel fuller faster: They can also help your diet by making you feel full. This is because they absorb 10 times their weight in water, forming a bulky gel.
- Hydration for athletes: They are also great for athletes because the "chia gel" can hydrate the body.
- Reduce your blood pressure: There's evidence to suggest they can reduce blood pressure.
- Omega-3: They are the richest plant source of Omega-3 (the vital fats that protect against inflammation—such as arthritis—and heart disease). In fact, they contain more Omega-3 than salmon!
- Benefits for diabetes: Because chia seeds slow down how fast our bodies convert carbohydrates into simple sugars, studies indicate they can control blood sugar. This leads scientists to believe chia seeds may have great benefits for diabetics.
- They are easier to digest than flax seeds, and don't need to be ground up.
Why You Should Get Your Chia Seeds From Us
- Price: Our prices are much lower than some other suppliers. That's because we're one of America's biggest suppliers of chia seeds. Also, we deal directly with the farmers, so there's no "middleman".
- They are great quality. If you don't believe us, buy some of our chia seeds and some from elsewhere, and do yourself a blindfolded test—like the Pepsi Challenge but with more Omega-3.
- Our customers love them. See their almost deliriously happy comments below.
- No added weirdness: Our chia seeds were "raised well"; they are raw, non-GMO, non-irradiated, and produced without pesticides. Yippee!
- We guarantee to be in stock and will ship out the same business day.
What the Experts Say About Chia Seeds
Dr. Oz from the Oprah show says,"They just may be one of the healthiest things around."
Nutrition expert Dr. Weil said, "A healthful and interesting addition to my diet. My prediction? You will begin to see chia being added to more and more commercial products, such as prepared baby foods, nutrition bars, and baked goods."
How to Eat Chia Seeds (Including Recipes)
Chia seeds make an incredibly healthy—and often unnoticeable—addition to many foods.
Here are some great ways to enjoy chia seeds:
- They can be eaten raw. (They have a nice "nutty" flavor.)
- They can be soaked in fruit juice (in Mexico, they call this "chia fresca").
- They're perfect in porridges and puddings.
- They make an ideal addition to baked goods including breads, cakes and biscuits.
How Many Chia Seeds Should You Eat? We recommend two daily doses of about 20 g each (1.5 ounces total).Delicious chia recipes:
- Chia Water
- Chia Smoothie
- Chia Rice Salad
- Chia Vegetable Stir Fry
- Chia Seed Fruit Drink
- Chocolate Truffles with Chia Seeds (Gluten Free)
- Apricot Truffles with Chia Seeds (Gluten Free)
- Chia Cereal
- Chia Pudding with Maca
- Chia Fresca
Got a recipe you think we'd like? Submit it here!
Serving Size 28g (~1 oz.)
(Approx. 16.2 Servings/Pound)Calories 137
Fat Cal. 72
Wow!!! That is how I describe the awesomeness of the organic cacao nibs and the chia seeds. I tried some the cacao nibs with my protein drink and in my coffee. I then sampled the chia seeds . . . I felt energized the entire day. Thank you! I plan to order more of those wonderful cacao nibs when the sample runs out. You guys are just great! :)
I am beyond satisfied with my purchase of chia seeds - I got them super fast and I am really happy. I am back on here looking to order more of what you have to offer. Thank you so much I am now a lifetime customer!
Received my order for two pounds of Chia Seeds on Saturday by FedEx. So happy to receive my order before the snowstorm hit. Am looking forward to having my "cereal" that I make with the Chia Seeds. Thanks for the little surprise package too!! Oh, by the way, I usually buy my Chia Seed at Baesler's in Terre Haute, IN which is quite a distance from me. I called them to see if they could mail some to me and they gave me your company's name as a reputable place to order from. In fact, before getting their bulk setup, they ordered Chia seed from you too. The produce manager said they still do some special orders before Christmas. Thanks again!!!!! Kay Nicholas Ste. Marie, IL
Second time to order Chia seeds from Nuts.com. Delivery is lightening fast. Chia seeds are excellent quality. The best part is buying in bulk so that I'm not running to the specialty store every other week! Bonus, the box is fun and our cat loves to play in it!
Thank you for the prompt delivery (my order arrived a day earlier than stated). I am looking forward to trying the large sample of goji berries. The macadamia nuts are wonderful and I am starting the chia seeds today! Thanks!
Received my package today of Quinoa, Chia Seeds, Steel Cut Oats, and Crystalized Ginger! Delivery was so fast and the packaging is both cute and convenient. I also got a free sample of Goji berries that I cannot wait to try. Thank you Nuts.com!!
Quick delivery of these tasty little morsels which I'm chewing on as I type (Chia seeds). I like the box, packages and general personality of the company.....Nutty.
Just want to let you know how great you guys are! Love, love, love your chia seeds, cacao powder, nuts of course, maca powder, quinoa, and many more. Shipping is fast and the cute packaging makes my day brighter! Thanks a million for the almonds sample and I am officially a fan!
First I'd like to say how much FUN I had reading your box!! Absolutely fantastic!! Thanks, y'all, for a wonderful beginning to a great product!! I'm already looking at more recipes for the chia seeds & enjoyed them on my sprouted toast this morning. Am looking forward to a much healthier choice in life... Mickey
THANKS for getting the chia seeds to me so quickly. I learned about these from a personal trainer who also recommended your website. He was certainly correct about using your service!
My first order and it was awesome! The extra goji berries you included were what I had in my cart & decided not to try this time. Thank you! Now I know I will order them next time! YAY!!!! Love the green tea powder also a first & I always love chia seeds!
Thank You My Chia seeds arrived very quckly and in perfect condition Thank You
Order several items this past year...ordered Spirulina, Chlorella, Chia, Maca and others. The quality of products and speedy delivery deserves an A+ rating. Every one tell the world about Nuts.com what other company gives you the quality and service ? Can't think of one can you....Nut.com is the Best
More Chia Seeds
- Organic Chia Seeds
- White Chia Seeds
- Organic Chia Energy Squares
- Chia Ginger Superfood Cereal
- see all Chia Seeds