Our beloved grandfather, Poppy Sol, started this business in an open-air market. Three generations later, we’re still bringing smiles to our customers' faces.
Dried adzuki beans are a small dark red oval bean approximately 5mm in diameter. They have a very distinctive white ridge along one side. Adzuki beans have a strong, nutty, sweet flavor. They are popular in Asia. On The Dr. Oz Show, Dr. Joel Fuhrman called adzuki beans a miracle food that helps to prevent and reverse diabetes. Not a bad trick for a little bean!
How to Cook Adzuki Beans
The beans must be cooked prior to consumption. Soak 1/2 cup of beans overnight in ample water. Drain and simmer in 2 cups of water for 40 minutes to an hour. Alternatively, pressure cook the soaked beans in 2 cups of water for 5-9 minutes at high pressure. If you don't have time to soak the beans, pressure cook for 15-20 minutes.
Adzuki Beans Health Benefits
1) Protein Powerhouse: Adzuki beans are an excellent source of protein, which plays an essential role in the structure and function of our body's tissues and organs. One 1/4-cup serving of adzuki beans packs 11 grams of protein. This makes adzuki beans a wonderful addition to vegan and vegetarian diets.
2) Regulate Blood Sugar and Cholesterol Levels: A 1/4-cup serving of adzuki beans contains 7 grams of dietary fiber which is about 30% of the recommended daily value. They are particularly rich in soluble fiber which helps control blood sugar levels and can help lower LDL "bad" cholesterol by inhibiting the absorption of cholesterol into the bloodstream.
3) Weight Management: Rich in protein and dietary fiber, adzuki beans can keep you feeling full longer and support weight loss goals. A 2012 study published in the Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture found that rats that were fed with adzuki bean extract experienced better lipid metabolism regardless of whether they were on a normal or high-fat diet.
4) Rich in B-Vitamins: Adzuki beans are a good source of B-complex vitamins including B1, B2, B3, B6, and folic acid. This group of vitamins supports many of the body's normal functions including the production of energy, the breakdown of fats and proteins, and they also help your body fight infection and disease.
5) Mighty Minerals: Calcium, iron, magnesium, and potassium are abundant in a single serving of adzuki beans. Calcium and magnesium are critical for building and maintaining healthy bones, while potassium regulates blood pressure. Iron helps deliver oxygen-rich blood cells throughout the body.
How to Enjoy Adzuki Beans
Incorporating the health benefits and delicious flavor of adzuki beans into your diet is easy! Enjoy them as a side dish or even as a main dish served with rice or in soup. Make your own veggie burgers by combining adzuki beans into patties with other beans, grains, vegetables, and spices. For a healthy salad, toss adzuki beans with wholesome ingredients like kale and quinoa. For Asian pastries and glutinous rice cakes, adzuki beans can be boiled with sugar and mashed into a red bean paste and used to make these sweet confections. There's no limit to what this little bean can do!
Leave online feedback and share your thoughts with other customers!
Yvone, Santa Maria, CA February 12, 2013
“I'm tring Quinoa & Adzuki beans for the first time. Thank You. Yvone”
Colette, Seymour, WI February 11, 2013
“1. You have the cutest shipping boxes in the world!
2. 25 pounds is a whole lot of adzuki beans.
Stephen February 2, 2013
“I had difficulty finding the adzuki beans at a reasonable price until I came across your website. The price per pound was great and the delivery was exactly as promised. I plan to check out some of the other items you carry and place another order real soon. Thank you. ”
Alan, Issaquah, Wa January 28, 2013
“The shipment arrived so quickly. I cooked up a batch and these beans are everything that Dr. Oz said about them. Thanks”
MaryAnn January 16, 2013
“I ordered Azduki Beans on 1/14/2013. My order arrived at my door on 1/16/2013. Prompt service with the correct order. I will order other items in the future.”
Dr. Hassan, watertown, SD September 22, 2012
“Best adzuki beans! Best Service! Best prices! Fastest delivery. Thank you.”
Hassan Sheikh Hussein Osman, Watertown, SD July 9, 2012
“Best Service! Highest quality adzuki beans! Fastest delivery! Best price!”
Bill, Front Royal, VA June 18, 2012
“Indeed they are here.. They look good and are well packaged for my purposes. Will begin to test shortly”
Gita, Harleysville, PA May 16, 2012
“Thank you for the fast delivery and the products are wonderful. ”
Dr. Hassan, DVM, watertown, SD May 11, 2012
“As a veterinarian I am aware of the nutrition values of the Adzuki beans and beans in general: they are the meat of the poor!. Nuts.com sold me high quality adzuki beans at a price lower than the front stores, at a speed that only they can deliver. Nut.com accomodated all my requests and were highly courteous. Boiled Adzuki beans are my breakfast every morning with olive oil and sugar: fantastic.
It was the best buy for me since some time. Thank you.
Showing 11-20 of 25
mick, manchester, michigan February 12, 2014
“I just received an order of beautiful, fresh adzuki beans, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds. This is a level of quality noticeably above what I can find at local stores. And really well packaged.
Serving Size 100g (~3.5 oz.)
(Approx. 4.5 Servings/Pound)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||4|
Packaged in the same facility as peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, and milk products.
Store in a cool, dry place for up to 1 year. This can be refrigerated or frozen.
Country of Origin: China
|1 Pound Bags|
|5 Pound Bags|
|25 Pound Cases|